Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:45:08 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511358 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #420 on: October 10, 2008, 11:41:01 AM »
Been a while since I posted, and I don't want to get deleted on the switch-over from inactivity, so I just wanted to say,

I'm still alive and kicking in Northwest Ohio!

And I still do root through this forum every once in a while.

Have a nice day, all!   ;)

Brian
« Reply #421 on: October 10, 2008, 12:01:01 PM »
Hello Everybody, My name is Mike, I live in Washington State, USA. and I have never posted before. I have been using Mach 3 for about a year on a home built cnc machine to mill circuit boards, with great success. Mach 3 is truly a great piece of software and thanks for all the great ideas and advice that has been shared on this forum...Mike
« Reply #422 on: October 10, 2008, 12:18:09 PM »
Hi to everyone.
I'm riding my mill four-axis, the electronics is complete.
I've done tests with Mach is wonderful.  :)
Already bought the three packages of ArtSoft and CamBam.
The my use is hobby.  ;)

Thanks
Armando Marques
« Reply #423 on: October 10, 2008, 03:39:03 PM »
hi been around for years started with master5 . i have built 4 axis foam cutter,and a 7x12 lathe , getting up the parts to build a 4x8 router & plaz combo.    Howard Paramore
« Reply #424 on: October 10, 2008, 03:56:06 PM »
My name is Dave.  I've been lurking on the forum since it started was one of the first to buy Mach from Art
I just do not post have had a Romaxx machine for 2 years

Thanks

Offline Don Faso Aviation

•  7 7
  • Oh I’m a yummy tummy funny lucky gummy bear!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 10, 2008, 04:25:57 PM »
Hi! My name is Julio and I've adopted my late father's nickname: "Don Faso" . He was a humble man with a big, noble heart and appreciated by everybody all over the city. In Puerto Rico where I come from, as well as in other Hispanic countries, the title "Don" is for a very respectable mature person of any social class. We don't follow the Italian meaning of it. I am disabled with traumatic brain injury after being a teacher in P. R. and the U.S. for 18 years. I am barely starting with CNC and it's an uphill battle for me because of my limitations. I am commited to doing it to help the family's budget and help me build an R/C flying model in foam of a circular wing airplane I want to test and patent. I need help understanding what the Machsupport website says that for Mach 3 to be supported in a laptop with a parrallel port (that's all I have and can afford) it has to use one of the external controllers in their PLUGINS section. If that's the case, which is the best controller for a Dell Latitude D630? I'll appreciate your help so very much!!!
SPARTANS, PREPARE FOR GLORY!!! -LEONIDAS
HEROES ARE THE OPPOSITE OF CELEBRITIES, HEROES ARE THE MOST HUMAN OF HUMANS. BECOME MORE HUMAN EVERYDAY!!!
« Reply #426 on: October 10, 2008, 06:11:04 PM »
Built my first cnc router a year ago currently converting a Chinese mill love mach3 family of software

Offline markg

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 10, 2008, 08:49:01 PM »
Hi all, Mark here in Montreal Canada

I did a Rong fu mill drill 3 axis servo & ball screw conversion with Jeff Davis' help three years ago. ( http://www.homecnc.info/cnc-main.html )

Having lots of fun learning how to program and make parts.

My current project is adapting a GM performance parts 2.4 l Quad 4 supercharger kit onto a 2.3 l Quad 4 motor for a Fiero.  A bit on how Mach was used to make one of the main components for the project here:

http://mgertech.com/FIERO-Q4/HEAD-SCHARGER-PLATE.pdf

cheers!

Offline gra

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 10, 2008, 09:21:13 PM »
Hi,

My name is Gary. I am not new to the group I just have been busy and have not followed it as close as I would like to.
I have two cnc milling machines. The first one is a JET mill/drill that I converted to cnc. I installed ball screws and servo motors to all 3 axes and built the controler box for it using Gecko drives. It is a great little machine.
 My second machine is an older Bridgeport Boss4 that I stripped down and built a controller box for it and used servo drives in place of the steppers that were on it. Again using Gecko drives. I use both the machines and at times have them both running together.

Thanks for the great group.

Gary from Portland Oregon
« Reply #429 on: October 10, 2008, 11:38:21 PM »

Hi all... looking to dust off my little CNC mill project and fire it up during the dark season (this winter).