Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:36:38 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511632 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1130 on: April 19, 2011, 05:22:07 AM »
 ;D
Hi Wyb 506 welcome aboard, there is always room for one more, I'm sure the members in the general forum will be able to help.

Dick  ;)   
« Reply #1131 on: April 19, 2011, 08:45:10 PM »
thank you ~~~
« Reply #1132 on: April 22, 2011, 10:21:48 AM »
Hi my name is Bob I'm a 63 year old Retired Army Vet. I served for 43 years with the Army. I retired 2 years ago. That about it. Ben there done that!

I have my computer setup and running Mach3. I have a Chinese CNC. The machine does not have a E-Stop or limit switch.  I am adding these parts before I start trying to milling anything.

Ordered from CNC4PC

1 x A31 - Latch Twist-Release E-Stop Button
1 x C16 – PHOTO LIMIT & HOME BOARD
1 x A20 - 5VDC@3A Regulated Switching Power Supply
1 x C11 - Multifunction CNC Board
1 x BX1 - CNC Enclosure

Will post more later.

Thanks
Bob78218
« Reply #1133 on: April 22, 2011, 05:35:02 PM »
 ;D
Hi Bob welcome aboard, I'm sure that the members in the general forum will hold the answers for you,C N C is not just a hobby It can become  a passion 

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1134 on: April 22, 2011, 06:18:56 PM »
Thank
Bob78218
« Reply #1135 on: April 22, 2011, 07:46:45 PM »
Hello,

My name is Craig from Palm Bay Floridia. I have have a long time interest in cnc machining. I use solidworks and solidcam for software. I also have a home foundry for smelting and making my own aluminum from cans and other scrap. My mill is a Sherline 2000 CNC.

Thank you.
« Reply #1136 on: April 23, 2011, 12:04:07 AM »
 ;D
welcome aboard Craig. the general forum is like one big street party,everybody that comes brings something with them to share.come on in and bring a plate with you.

Dick  ;)    
« Reply #1137 on: April 23, 2011, 12:52:23 AM »
Hi,
    My name is Alan or Al. I've worked as a machinist for 38 years, mostly on manuals but have written programs and operated cnc machines from time to time. I've currently been asked by my boss to set up and program two Okuma lathes for a new production job in our shop. He said they were cnc lathes,but when they arrived I saw that they were actually older machines. The tape readers gave it away.Anyway, I've been searching the web for about a week now, looking for a cam program that would be compatable with these machines, and have some support and training to get up and running in a reasonable amount of time. I came across the ArtSoft site and I've been here for five days now. I downloaded the demo and have been playing with it for a few days. I think it's GREAT! Looking forward to meeting other members, and reading everyone's comments.
                                                                                                                                                                                           Thanks for being there,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Al
« Reply #1138 on: April 23, 2011, 04:28:15 AM »
 ;D
Hi Al welcome aboard, nothing like being thrown into the deep end, to bring out the best in us all,you have come to the right place, the members in the  general forum I'm sure will be a tremendous source of information and encouragement.

Dick   ;) 
« Reply #1139 on: April 23, 2011, 05:01:43 AM »
Hello all,
I am a mechanical design engineer using solidworks within a process automation company. I have always had an interest in Cad Cam and also PLC, my lovely wife bought me a 4 axis breakout board complete with power supply and stepper motors for Christmas this year so I have built MkI of my CNC router and have it working with Mach 3 in demo mode, I will need some help getting my home switches going. I am looking forward to buying the full version of Mach 3 so I can unleash the potential of Paul4865 MkI router