Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:37:54 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4526572 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #790 on: March 29, 2010, 03:32:32 PM »
Hi,
  My name is Luis Torruella and I have been a full time sculptor for more than 20 years .  I have had a plasma CNC for the last seven years (shopbott) and I recently purchased a CNC from Precision Automated Equipment..(, I just got an email from them that their business is closing!!...ouch) ... but the machine looks good so far.  I work mainly in aluminum and recently have started incorporating wood in my work. Check out my website at www.luistorruella.com
 I live in Puerto Rico so most of my free time is spent playing beach volleyball with my daughters or doing something water related...
luis

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 30, 2010, 03:14:44 AM »
Welcome to the forum Luis.

Looking at your excellent work I think we will all be learning a lot about art from you. In return, the forum hosts many skills in CNC and any problems with your machines or software you post here are sure to be resolved quickly.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #792 on: March 30, 2010, 07:41:26 AM »
I'm new to Mach software, but fairly experienced with CNC in general.  My brother, and his brother-in-law, bought a three-axis mill with Mach 2, and are adding a fourth axis, and I'm trying to help them, though I'm running up against the learning curve, as I haven't read the manual yet, just working on the knowledge that carries across from previous experience.

I'll have a lot of questions soon, but I'll read the manual first, to get the obvious ones out of the way.

Stray
« Reply #793 on: April 01, 2010, 07:36:50 PM »
Hello from Grovetown, GA...

I am new to crc but not to industry. I have a background in industrial technology and am just starting to build a computer controlled router as a hobby.  Glad to be aboard and thanks to all who have great wisdom and insights to share.  Rich.
« Reply #794 on: April 02, 2010, 12:46:58 AM »
Hello all,

First post here. I have 12 years of CNC programming/machining experience under my belt but am just now venturing into building my own CNC. I work as an MFG engineer/CNC programmer for a contract defense and firearms manufacturer as my day job. I also have a side business making high end machined yo-yos. I source the production yo-yo machining to local CNC shops but I need to do my own prototyping. Thats where building my own CNC comes in. I just bought a 7x14 benchtop lathe and my steppers and such for CNC conversion should be here in a week. I'm sure I'll have plenty of question when I get around to setting it all up. TIA.

YoDoug.
Big Brother Yo-Yo Co.
« Reply #795 on: April 03, 2010, 01:28:11 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to all this CNC stuff, but I'm in the middle of converting a proxxon mill into a 3 axis cnc, using an ncPod... I've already got a 2.5d plotter/ printer, which is still being tested, but seems to have few issues so far, so I must be an okay builder after all!

I'm in the south of England, where it rains every day- good to have an indoor hobby round here... I will no doubt ask many daft questions which I should have been able to figure out answers to myself, so I hope you can be patient with yet another noob! I'm running the plotter on Mach 3, non licenced version as I think I can get away with small G code files. I hope; for now anyway.

I'll post my 1st tech question separately,

Ta!

Richard
« Reply #796 on: April 06, 2010, 05:36:10 PM »
My name is Jose. some machining experience but new to CNC. Just bought a wonderful Wabeco mill that came with Match3. Trying to learn it fast, so far seems very friendly (although still don't know what half of the controls do). I will enjoy learning from you guys and hopefully, one day not to far, contribute.

JR aka Machinedemon
« Reply #797 on: April 10, 2010, 09:56:06 AM »
Hi to everyone,

I'm Chuck.  I live in Arkansas.  I am brand new to CNC.  When I say brand new, I mean that I became interested in CNC just last year and have been absorbing as much information as possible from forums, websites and the like.  I have purchased 2 mills (Shizuoka with a tool changer and a Bridgeport SD7).  In the last week I have tackled trying to write a script in VB for one of my projects.  I haven't used any programming since I was in the 7th grade.  In 1983 we had Apple computers and basic.  Now it's like trying to learn a foreign language without a reference point.  I have purchased Mach3 and BobCAD/CAM and so far with fairly minimal head to screen pounding I have learned what would be the equivalent of a few pages of the A volume in a 26 volume Encyclopedia set.

My wife and I are remodeling our new to us house and then I have a new metal building to erect for housing my machines.  So for now I am learning as much as possible and wading through the bottomless cornacopia of information.

My current affair is an old pallet building machine that I want to control the set up of pallet size with CNC.  It has places for 4 nail guns that mount on a gantry.  I want to move the nail guns with minimal user input to accomodate all (reasonable) pallet sizes up to a maximum of 14' long by 6' wide.  The VB script I have written for this works.  I am proud of my effort and shared it with my wife, father in law, and son, none of which were nearly as enthusiastic as I.  For me it was a huge victory.  I would like to share it with folks that can appreciate the effort, but being that there is more than one way to skin a cat and my way is probably not as efficient or pretty as others I may wait to do so.

Anyway, I'll be asking for help from time to time, contribute where possible, and hope to make some new frinds along the way.

Sincerely, Chuck

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 10, 2010, 12:05:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum Chuck.

Lots of extremely clever and friendly guys here only too willing to help you with any CNC or machine problems you may encounter. If your VB script works then it is excellent, it doesn't have to be the most elegant as long as it works.
I look forward to learning from your experience so please post info on what you achieve and what you make. That pallet making CNC sounds interesting.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #799 on: April 10, 2010, 07:26:18 PM »
Just sign on to the forum,  I just got my novakon nm-200 on thursday and i think i already need a support group.  Anyway, been doing manual machining for over 10 years and have been going to nigh school for cnc.  I live in the atlanta ga area. 
Dain