Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:50:08 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516352 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #740 on: February 09, 2010, 10:40:25 PM »
Hello, I've been tinkering with an old cnc mill using mach3, but wanted to register to get involved with the new lazyturn.
« Reply #741 on: February 10, 2010, 07:43:39 PM »
Hi I am Neil I live in the UK we run a 10 year old Camtech Z7 8' x 4' router this has stopped working within the last couple of days and have made the decision to ditch the 10 year old controller and replace with new, and controll using Mach3. The forum is highly recommended as a good source of advice and help, I think I will need lot's of this as I am a Mach3 virgin.

Regards

Neil Herbert
« Reply #742 on: February 10, 2010, 10:17:49 PM »
Hi
I am Sam Dehays, just joined this forum after searching for a solution to run Mach3 on windows7 64bit and found some answers here
I am a jeweler from San Diego ( Sunny California )
Recently decided to move on with technology and bought a CNC mill hoping to use it in jewelry making
« Reply #743 on: February 11, 2010, 05:11:19 PM »
Hello - I'm an industrial arts teacher, just finished building Kleinbauer's Brute II.  Purchased motors and controller from StepperWorld.  Now looking into software.  Kleinbauer says CNCPro is 'cat's meow', but seems most reviews online say otherwise (no documentation or support).  Will have a look at TurboCNC when I figure out how to open it.  Mach 3 looks pretty daunting, I just read the 150 page manual and it seems the hard part of CNC machining has just begun.  Any way, I'm glad I found this forum and look forward to corresponding with some of you.
« Reply #744 on: February 11, 2010, 11:03:34 PM »
    Hello, my name is Jeff Wittman, and this is my first post here and i am pretty excited about my new projects! Vital stats- 36, married, 2 kids, Industrial Designer turned Commercial Electrician (figure that one out). Avid hobbiest, model cars, airplanes, helicopters. Amature machinist, and first time cnc build. My first cnc is a old Light Machines that I picked up on e-bay. Put in new steppers, built my own controller box, wiring harneses etc. Re-imaged an old desktop pc, and POW -my first CNC system. It seems to work fine so far, have yet to cut parts, but soon. I am off to the regular to ask questions. Thanks in advance -Jeff
« Reply #745 on: February 12, 2010, 09:55:27 AM »
Hi I'm from Whitby,ON,Canada,
My son and I  built a 36" x 42" home made router cnc with extruded aluminum  it took about nine months .We are using Mack3 , Vcarve 2d and TurboCad ver14 software.Having lots of fun.Started to run out of room in my garage so we mounted the unit on the wall ( from horizontal to Vertical ) looks and works great.
« Reply #746 on: February 12, 2010, 11:55:32 AM »
New member here. I have been looking into the 'home shop CNC' projects since I retired about a year ago. A lot of info here and at CNCzone.com.
Thanks to all for posting here to hel us not so good at CNCing.
« Reply #747 on: February 12, 2010, 08:53:41 PM »
Names Stan. Just finished a Joe's Hybrid. Now comes the fun part.
« Reply #748 on: February 13, 2010, 09:39:13 PM »
Hi there folks. I'm Bill and bought a custom cnc router machine a few years ago and I am using Mach3 software. And that is how I got here.

My career is computer programming and my hobbies include computer programming and wood working.
« Reply #749 on: February 14, 2010, 07:30:03 PM »
HELLO TO ALL!!

MY NAME IS KEVIN AND I JUST JOINED UP HERE.  A LITTLE ABOUT ME ??? HMMMMM  WELL AT WORK I HAVE CNC MASTERS SUPRA MILLING MACHINE AND A JET 13X40" LATHE NON CNC.
I AM NOT BY FAR A MACHINIST BUT I AM TRYING TO LEARN EVERY DAY THE TIPS AND TRICKS TO MACHINE WORK.  I JOINED THIS FORUM BECAUSE I AM INTERESTED IN LEARNING FROM PEOPLE AND IF I HAVE ANYTHING OF WORTH OF MY OWN SHARING IT TO YOU ALL.

BUT I LOVE TO MAKE CHIPS AND PARTS BUT I DONT HAVE VERY MUCH LUCK!!! LOL  I TEND TO MAKE MORE SCRAP THAN PARTS !!! LOL  ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AND I WILL RETURN THE FAVOR IF AT ALL POSSIBLE WHEN I CAN.

I WOULD LIKE TO START WITH ::: DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE MACH 3 SOFTWARE WILL RUN ON A SUPRA MACHINE WHICH IS USB CONTROLLED NOW IS THERE A WAY TO CONNECT THE 2 TOGETHER??

THANKS

KEVIN