Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:30:47 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516086 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #700 on: December 25, 2009, 02:11:26 AM »
Dear Sir,
how to addin a software "DeskEngrave" to Mach3,
now everytime i need to save gcode the go back to mach3 and open the file
thank
« Reply #701 on: December 25, 2009, 02:19:46 AM »
Hello, I do not use DeskEngrave so I'm sorry I can't help you. You should put a post in one of the other sections, for technical questions. Good luck!

Offline caddy

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 26, 2009, 09:58:56 AM »
Hello Chad and Group members
My name is Tim and I'm retired from the airline industry (Hooray!) and live in Phoenix AZ. I'm fundamentally a self taught hobbyist and would not be comfortable calling myself a machinist. (those guys really know some stuff !) Early on, I did recognize with great fascination at just how much could be achieved by utilizing CNC. Accordingly I kept my eyes open and over the last several years picked up a small cnc mill and lathe (Emco F1 and a PC5) I have NO idea how to run them. So now, here I am gearing up to tackle cnc. A bit scary as I am not electronics oriented.
My shop is fairly well equipped after collecting for over 30 years and I enjoy building  hit and miss engines. My plans include building a radial engine and building all the parts "times 9" is motivating me to finally confront CNC and see which of us prevails. As all newbies, I will be needing huge input so a HEARTFELT Thank You to all in advance
Tim 
« Reply #703 on: December 26, 2009, 04:28:36 PM »
Hello, my name is Dan.  I'm new to CNC.  I converted a Seig X2 mini-mill and am now in the process of "fine tuning" it.  I'm new to G-Code but not to programming.  In a former life I was a Microsoft Certified Developer.  I hope to shorten my learning curve by glean some knowledge from the more experienced members of this group.  Hopefully, in time, I'll be able to contribute as well.  This is currently a hobby for me although I've done a little prototyping work for a friend and would like to do some more.  I'm also planning to convert my mini-lathe to cnc in the near future (once I've got the mill figured out).  I also have an interest in air rifles that I modify and make custom parts for.  That's it for now.

Dan 
« Reply #704 on: December 27, 2009, 03:49:51 AM »
 Hi my name is John Bacon aka johnmb I live in Grimsby England . I got into cnc from surfing the web came across the Data-cut site and thought I'd like to have a go at building one and so I did . It has taken me almost 4 years to actually complete my routing machine as i have no mechanical experience at all . Once completed it I bought the Mach software and I also purchased myself most of the Vectric programs apart from Photo-carve. I also wanted something to keep me occupied when I retired which isn't long to go as im nearly 64 yrs old now, ive made  a few things so far and love
Mach 3 greatest program ever. Im also trying to make a 4th axis for it

John
« Reply #705 on: December 27, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »
Hey everyone,

I am a metalworker professionally and as my hobby. I always wanted to have a CNC milling machine.
Hearing the prices of repairs on our CNC machines at work , I gave up my ambition to buy one.
Then I met some people who build their CNC by themselves.Then the idea came to me to rebuild my old Beaver Mill .
A decade ago I bought a Beaver Mill VBRP.
After standing in a corner of my workshop all this time, I put him back in the spotlights. The idea is to convert him into a CNC Mill.
And run it with Mach,after having seen what is possible with Mach3. ;D
If interested here is a link to my project.
http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1403
Succes to you all
Andre
« Reply #706 on: December 29, 2009, 12:48:18 PM »
Hi my name is Nick i am from Romania and i am new in this area.I like to learn about mach,cad,cam,cnc so i build my first (ugly) router and now i am looking forward to see how to make the settings for mach,how to find some cad software and finally how to transform idea in to something real.
« Reply #707 on: December 29, 2009, 07:28:06 PM »
Hi all, my name is Michael and I live outside of Boston, MA USA. I just finished converting my MicroMark Mini Mill to CNC with the CNCFusion kit with ballscrews on all 3 axis. My other hobby is making fly fishing reels and I plan to use the mill to take my work to the next level. I have just completed writing a book on reelsmithing that will be published in early 2010 by Whitefish Press. I also started the reelsmithing.com/fourm to support reelsmithing.

I am running my mill with the free trial of Mach3 but am planning to purchase the full version tonight.

cheers,
Michael

Offline gaz.

•  23 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 30, 2009, 06:37:19 PM »
hello,

I am new here,  just recieved my cnc machine today,  and its all up and running already.  To my suprise.  I thaught it would be alot harder.
I own a graphics company,  so the machine will be primarely used to cut out acrylic letters for shop fronts etc.  But i want to make more changeling things than that!
I registered to see all the coool things people have made with their cnc machines.

Gaz.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 06:39:08 PM by gaz. »
« Reply #709 on: January 02, 2010, 02:23:58 PM »
Hello, my name is Nathan and I live in Jenks, Oklahoma.  I don't have much experience with CNC machines, but I have always been intrigued by them.  I got my mahcine up and running a few weeks ago and I am still working some things out.  Hopefully I can find what I'm looking for in this forum.  I had no real reason to build my machine except that I'm a mechanical engineer and was bored.