Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:15:25 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516256 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #670 on: October 23, 2009, 11:00:42 PM »
Another new member of the forum. Received my 4-axis mill from Legacy Woodworking about a month ago. Steep learning curve and I am enjoying it a lot. After 35 years in business I decided to return to teaching and bring my industry knowledge to the classroom. My first degree was in Education and I taught Industrial Arts briefly in the 1970's before reporting to active duty. I never returned to the public classroom.

Over the past several months I have been subing in various area high schools. I was shocked at two major observations. 1) Many high school kids today are rude, disrespectful, insubornate and just plain a**holes. And 2) we still teach Industrial Arts today like we did 35 years ago. Not sure which one is worst. Industry has advanced to CAD/CAM and automated production while our high schools still focus on building clip boards and coffee tables using table saws and hand planers. Subed today in a VoTech welding class that has a CNC Plasma machine but it's not taught or used because the instructor thinks it's too hard to understand.

Working on a proposal to a local school board to re-introduce Industrial Arts into a school without a program. Idea is to focus on the early stage processes using CAD and only create 'output' after extensive CAM simulation/testing on computers. A viable Industrial Arts program could be taught using a band saw, a 4-5 axis CNC mill and computers/software. Or at least that is the basis of my proposal. We shall see.
« Reply #671 on: October 28, 2009, 11:44:35 PM »
I've just converted a Grizzly wood lathe.  I'm successfully using Mach3 on a Dell Latitude D800.  By reading posts on the forum I was able to disable the services that were causing laptop trouble.  Everything appears to be working and I'm about ready start cutting, but the G-code list window is behaving strangely.  

I'm not sure where to post my questions about this.  My G-code file is 375 lines long, well within the 500-line limit.  The code displayed in the G-code list window doesn't match the file that I load.  The first couple hundred lines are right but then it starts repeating lines and omitting other lines.  When I run the code the system works perfectly until it gets up to the problem area.  Then it halts. If I hit the edit button, Notepad comes up and the file is perfect.  When I quit Notepad and go back to the G-code list window the bottom half of the file is still messed up.   Is this because it's unlicensed?  Is the code limit less than 500 lines for Mach3Turn?

Regards and thanks to all.
Dave
« Reply #672 on: November 03, 2009, 12:48:38 PM »
Hi All'

I'm a maintenance technician for a plastic thermofoming company. I currently have a custom 4 axis benchtop mill (EMC control), Camtech router(Waiting for Mach control)
and I'm helping a friend retrofit a Bridgeport  Interact 412(dspcm,Mach). The Forum looks like a great place for info and ideas, I will be happy to lend what little aid I can.

Doug
« Reply #673 on: November 07, 2009, 10:47:45 PM »
Hi
I reside in Scotland, Aberdeen area, I have been using conventional machines for many years now but I have been interested in CNC for some time. I have everything to learn, I aim to eventually add a cnc lathe and mill to my existing conventional shop. I am currently converting a Warco VMC. No sooner do I make a start I end up working over seas so progress in this area is currently limited to short home visits. Meanwhile I can spend time learning the cnc language, maybe get some g-code ready to try.
May main inertest is scale steam and ic engines, my current projects are a 1/4 scale traction engine and a 1/4 scale Bentley BR2 rotary engine both about 70% complete. CNC will be good for finishing the Bentley. To keep my model activity going while over seas I bought a Sherline lathe, very good and portable machine, basically on my travels I have one suitecase cloths and one or two extra baggage lathe and tools.

Hope to be Happy cncing soon, I am sure I will call on your support from time to time,

Nigel
« Reply #674 on: November 08, 2009, 03:24:04 PM »
Hello,

I am new here! My name is Bas Hesselink. I run my one man prototyping and small series production company from Arnhem Holland. I've got two CNC milling machines, one Bridgeport with a Heidenhain controller and a Gantry machine  Mach3 controlled. The last one is quit new and I am in a Mach3 learning process. Before I had a step4 gantry machine with a step4 controler. I produce the nc data with VX cad-cam software. Until now it works quite well with mach3. Even the G2 G3 worked well.
Apart from milling I do a lot of vacuum forming, vacuum casting and general mechanics. Have a look on my site www.bashidap.nl to get an impression.
« Reply #675 on: November 09, 2009, 09:17:08 AM »
Hi
 I'm new here My name is Stanley. I build automatic transmissions and modify them for performance use.

Offline xavi

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: November 10, 2009, 01:02:17 PM »
Hi all,

I am xavier from uk... I have just registered on the forum...
I am novice in machine control software... I am trying to build a X-Y antenna positioner to be controlled by CNC software...
« Reply #677 on: November 12, 2009, 11:27:18 PM »
Hello all,

I am new to Mach and relatively new to cnc. I have ran a cnc router but this is the first time I will be putting on together from scratch. I hope that I will be able to get some guidance from all of you on this forum.   
« Reply #678 on: November 16, 2009, 10:26:53 AM »
Hi
My name is Marco, from Italy. I am doing the first steps with Mach3, and they are a problem. I hope to learn from experienced people of this forum.
marco
« Reply #679 on: November 17, 2009, 04:15:35 PM »
Lucas here,
New to CNC.  Just set up KX1 mill.  Having problems - computer does not seem to be talking to the mill.

This is the description:
I think things are set up properly, but can't get past step 5.3 in the manual, "Rest the machine".  I click the reset button, but the annunciator does not change, message remains "Emergency mode active...Press reset".  I have verified that the manual reset button is released on the front panel of the KX1 mill and that the chuck guard door is closed. 

There is a message near the history/clear buttons, it says "External EStop Requested".  I have hit the clear button a couple times but the message returns as soon as I hit the reset button again.

There is also a flashing red button near a button that says "Manual Limit Override" and a button that says "OverRide Limits".  I have tried to change the status of those buttons by clicking on them but no luck.

Adam at SmallCNCSupport said I should run something called seig_setup.exe, but no fiile by that name is posted on the artsoftUSA website (nor sieg_setup.exe).

Any ideas?