Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 09:49:30 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4531799 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #510 on: March 02, 2009, 01:52:25 PM »
Hi
I'm Hannes (Marshall). I'm from South Africa. We built our own cnc machine. I use Sheet cam & MACH 3.
It works very nice. I do however have some difficulty. I really hope someone can help me.

I have posted the questions on FAQ as well, but here they are.

I have a problem setting the number of piercings my machine does before returning on a mo 1,
where do I change this setting and to what do I change it? Currently I can do only 9 piercings when it returns on mo 1.

Could you please tell me if it is essential to earth the plate, or can the earth be on the cutting table, I am using a water bed.

I also have a problem with sheetcam not recognizing fonts. I use Auto Cad 2000Lt. I export the text to dxf, but sheetcam does not recognize the font.

How do I set the pierce delay in Sheetcam to work? I have set it to 10 seconds, but it still only pierces and start the run. No delay!!!

« Reply #511 on: March 04, 2009, 05:28:31 AM »
I accept your gracious welcome!

I am Tom Haswell and I reside in Bowling Green, Ohio, USA
     By profession I am a semi-retired newspaper publisher of a paper that has been in the family for over 100 years so you could say I was born and raised in the industry.  I spent much of my time on the mechanical side of printing first on the old hot metal Linotype machines and then running the press.  As we moved into computerized offset printing I became interested in computers.  My hobbies include anything mechanical from building model steam engines to woodworking.  My completed projects list includes everything from doll houses to log splitters with a home made tractor thrown in for good measure.
     I started working with CNC back in the early 1980's.  A friend with a commercial woodworking shop purchased a Digital router and I helped him get started with it. He later retired and I bought the machine.  It has very little time on it. Think "like new".  I have it set up with the original Anaheim Automation controller running with Bobcad.  
     I am currently getting prepared to switch it over to MACH3 and am looking for all the information and advice that I can get!  This of course is what brings me to this forum and I look forward to meeting and sharing ideas with everyone that I can.

Thanking you in advance I am .........
                                                                     Thomas M. Haswell
« Reply #512 on: March 08, 2009, 03:25:13 PM »
Hello Guys

I'm new here. I'm hoping to learn how to convert my old lathe to run mach3 with new drives and such. it currently has an old bandit control
so the steppers and ball drives are all setup very nicely.

I'm going to start a new post asking for some hand holding as I can certainly gain much from what I've read on your forum.

Osh

« Reply #513 on: March 09, 2009, 11:40:52 AM »
Hello my name is Mike, I'm new to CNC and going about it the entirely self taught trial and error route. I'm just working on dailing in my machine and looking forward to gettting everything running smoothly. Hopefully MAch3 will make this possible.   :)
« Reply #514 on: March 18, 2009, 05:42:15 PM »
I am new to these types of forums, and experiencing great difficulty navigating them. Anyway here goes. I own a medium size milling machine. It had Anilam controls Crusader II to be exact. They went out and I decided to try a pc control. I went with Cam soft and the Galil control basically because the support for Mach was so hard to get to.  Everything was going fine till I lost the dongle. I want to proceed with Mach software using the Galil control. Heck if a person can configure one of those he can figure out how to use this forum. so far all I have figured out is how to reply. There seems to be no clear path to a post new button.
    I also have a couple of lathes that will be next. 3 in fact 2 are stepper with an open loop system. One is a high end Emco Mayer commercial cnc with Seimens controls. Where is the best place to get step by step instructions to begin. Thanks in advance.
Jimmy Haskins
San Antonio Texas
« Reply #515 on: March 23, 2009, 09:17:50 AM »
Hi,

My name is Chris, I live just outside of Atlanta  GA.  I'm a tool & die maker by trade, into all things mechanical and electronic and the satisfaction that comes with creating.  I'm currently building a plasma table and retrofitting and an old lathe to cnc, except i've came across a Bridgeport TC3 machining center with no control that has intrigued me.  Could anyone tell me if Mach would be a viable solution to control a machine like this ? Thanks in advance,

Chris
« Reply #516 on: March 23, 2009, 10:17:07 AM »
Hello,

I am from the Netherlands and i work already some time with Mach 3 it`s a very nice software that can be used for many things i use it for my cnc router table .
My table is 2440mmx1500mm and i have a HF spindle motor and the motor for the axes are servomotors i can remove the halve floor of my table to use it for a plasma cutter .

Check the website to see what i do, it`s in Dutch's but if you go to gallery you can see some picture`s .

www.CNCworks.nl
« Reply #517 on: March 29, 2009, 04:54:52 AM »

Hi,

I am converting a Sharp Manual mill to CNC. Just got my licence for Mach3. Hope to have the X and Y running today.
« Reply #518 on: March 29, 2009, 02:44:25 PM »
HI.

My name is Yves and i am French Canadian living in province of Quebec.I am a 30years experience in maintenance machinist and a new student in CNC after being forced to retirement (close shop).Even after 30 years,I still in love with my job.So,recently i acquire an old Bridgeport BOSS 7 R2E3 who need some repairs.And more, yesterday my teacher ask me if I have some interest in the Bridgeport BOSS 6 they have because they need space floor and they plane to scrap her.I cannot let them to do that, so I say a very big YES, she is showroom condition.Now,I think to a retrofit for her but before i want to know if some body have a good and complete formula to operate her under Mach3 without extensive modification.Somebody can help me? Thank a lot and forgive my poor English.
« Reply #519 on: March 30, 2009, 09:53:41 AM »
Hi..,
My name is Ardona, Yogyakarta, Indonesia. have been retrofiting 1 lathe, 2 mill, and build 2  router and 1 cnc oxy cutting. Router and ocy cut build with aluminium extrusion, BOB is DIY with buffer and opto isolator, working with stepper so far, and waiting runing with dc servo and ac servo.

Saluut for MACH3 Team