Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:10:48 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516421 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #500 on: February 21, 2009, 03:08:35 AM »
Hi, guys, new to this "wizardy of things"
I build model aircraft (45yrs) 60 yrs old , thin and working on getting fat.
Looking at making a cnc router
I live in W.A. Australia.  Port Hedland
Ta Barry
« Reply #501 on: February 21, 2009, 03:12:31 AM »
What do I need  to make the electronics????? Can I use a XP computer, that the "printer spooler driver" dosn't work, Dunno why, went out and bought a new "set up:   Barry
« Reply #502 on: February 21, 2009, 04:41:29 PM »
HI EVERYONE,
Someone who know how to solve problem: when I typing  at TEACH :G0x1y1 machine move exactly 1 inch both,but when I start loading progam:
     G0x1y1f99999
     G01x.5y.5z-.5
 then machine moved wrong every thing:at screenX:THEY MOVED to long distance seemed over ,all number after dot .0000 it's moved become INCH
so after that I had moving far away very long''Thank you
« Reply #503 on: February 21, 2009, 05:13:45 PM »
Hi my name is Benny, the dumb name I have as my forum name is benny spelt backwards. For some reason it has stuck.
I live In Melbourne Australia. I have been into CNC for a couple of years now, and love the fact that a personal computer can drive a CNC machine. Hence my involvement with Mach3.
I have built two CNC router tables now, and get a kick out of seeing a machine that I built, actually cut something. Its a constant thrill for me. ( But then again I am easily amused. )
BENNY, Barry, I amm very interested in your set ups, as I am very new to this process, at least we live in the same country, for ease of local materials, can you help me with what you used    B
« Reply #504 on: February 21, 2009, 05:18:54 PM »
 ::) Yennb, can you help ? as we both live in the same country, what materials and electronics did you use, I am new to this so any info would help   Barry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 21, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »
Barry please start a new topic rather than asking  in the introducing thread, you will get a lot more help that way as not everyone reads this and it is meant just as an introduction thread rather than for  asking questions.
Hood
« Reply #506 on: February 21, 2009, 07:12:54 PM »
Hi All, new to this cnc stuff, been an old schoolturn the crank, machinist for a lot of years. we got the little mill to do engraving on the guns we build. hopefully we will move on to a bigger setup in the future.
« Reply #507 on: February 22, 2009, 08:43:29 AM »
Hello Everyone,
My name is Darrell from South Carolina. Just bought my first CNC yesterday (2-21-09) Looking forward to learning from this group and hopefully in the future I will have a little input for the group.

Offline dbi

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 25, 2009, 01:31:45 PM »
Hi,
My name is Hamilton, I live in Ireland. I bought a manual Sherline Lathe a few months ago and been having great fun with it. I now realise that on a lathe you can only make limited things. I also have a friend who wants some items made for the photography field and to do them I need a mill. So I have taken the plunge and ordered a CNC ready Sherline 5410. The Gecko G540 unit came by Fedex today. I am amazed at how small it is!! So the steppers and mill should appear over the next few weeks. I have an old Toshiba 4600 Laptop so I put Mach 3 on it and I'm getting an excellent rating with driver test. Does that mean I should get satisfactory results with Mach3? I spent a while optimising it (I'v been in IT for over 40 years) so I'm hopeful, but if not I'll find a desktop around here somewhere. I would love to hear from anybody else in Ireland working with Mach3.
« Reply #509 on: February 27, 2009, 04:27:47 AM »
Thank you for letting me join the forum, I am a cnc setter programmer by trade but have been made redundant. I have a denford star4 lathe and a denford star mill and I am trying to get them working on mach3, but have a lot of problems hope to get some advice from the forum. My hobby is making live steam engines, and I live in St Austell Cornwall. Regards Micky Hobbs.