Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 07:51:13 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4527156 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #360 on: October 07, 2008, 08:52:43 PM »
Hi,
    I'm posting for the first time to show some presence.
I'm working on a 3'x4' cnc plasma machine run by Mach 3 and will have a THC and pendant.
A PowerMax 1000 will do the cutting.

Hmmm Background.... Electrical Engineer.... enjoy metal and welding and designing stuff whether it's mechanical
or electrical. If I can put a processor in it I most likely will as some sort of embeded processor application.

Current Job is Test Engineering and programming test software in Visual C#  (visual studio 2005). some Test fixturing with
processor control to move things along "out on the floor".

My project is about 50% complete and have the electrical wiring and design to do yet. The software has been tested on my Gecko
drivers but still have to get the THC w/pendant working.

Guess that's about it for now...

over and out

Brian

Offline gdb

•  6 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 07, 2008, 09:05:54 PM »
Hello,
 My name is Glen Bales. I am a retired Mechanic 5 yrs. Some of my hobbies are Fishing, Ham radio, Computers, Building street rods, Wood working. About a year ago I stumbled across the CNCzone and started reading & reading & reading about CNC routers. NO! CNC experience. After about a week I had to have one. Built a 48" X 48" router designed as I went along. Kelig steppers & drivers, CNC4PC breakout board, Milwaukee 5625 3.5 hp router, Home built power supply, PhotoVcarve, Vcarve Pro, Cut3d, BobCAD. Works better than I ever dreamed and I can't use it enough. Hope to get a CNC Mill soon.
Mach3 is the greatest thing sense sliced bread. Keep up the good work it is appreciated by a lot of people.
I had to retire from work, just no time for work and hobbies.LOL
  Glen
  Gold Beach,OR.
« Reply #362 on: October 07, 2008, 09:20:10 PM »
Hi,

This is my first time posting here, I have a 3-Axis Router and a 4-Axis wood lathe at home in my woodworking shop.

I work full time as a CAD Designer / NC programmer for 4-Axis Milling Machines / 5-Axis Lathes / 5-Axis Laser / 8-Axis Robots , I'm also a Mastercam Reseller/Instructor.

My home projects are mostly furniture and guitars.

See ya around the forms.

Bryan
« Reply #363 on: October 07, 2008, 09:50:42 PM »
Hello All-
I'm not really new either.  I've been using Mach3 for about 3 years now.  I've converted a 3 axis Bridgeport (it's making parts right now) - even added a 4th axis.  I'm still working on a Hardinge lathe conversion, I've completed a desktop 3 axis Dremel tool for my desk at work (I've used it to make prototype parts), I'm also working on a mini-lathe to go next to the Dremel at work. 

I've also started a group for local CNC enthusiasts, the Southern New Hampshire CNC Club.  We are up to about 40 members - the most prominent being Brian himself.  Send me a message if you are interested in joining the group.

Regards,
Keith Violette

« Reply #364 on: October 07, 2008, 10:09:44 PM »
Hello,

I purchased Mach 3 some time back and use it with my home converted CNC mill.  Works great.  I read what others are doing to learn, so I have not posted because I feel I have not had enough experience to post.  Maybe by now I know a little more than some, but definatley not as much of most.

Thank you for making this forum available to folfs like myself who do this for the love of the hobby, and are constricted by time and budget.  Love Mach3!!

Alan
Minnesota, USA
« Reply #365 on: October 07, 2008, 10:14:16 PM »
I am a total beginner to CNC stuff. I have always just done my machining manually, but am studying up to set up CNC.
I have two mills, 3 lathes and a bunch of other machine shop stuff.
my health went way south the last two years but I am finally recovering well, slow but well. This set me back in some learning and setting up things.
I hope soon I will be driving members nuts by my questions I will have, LOL
Clint D
« Reply #366 on: October 07, 2008, 10:14:23 PM »
Hello, my name is Henrique, I live in Mexico, I love automation, currently I am working in a robotic arm for loading and catching parts, which of course will be integrated with match, I will keep you posted on this project.

bye
« Reply #367 on: October 07, 2008, 10:20:41 PM »
Hi My name is Richard , I am a recovering CNC-Aholic , started playing with Kcam  on a 5'x10' router table a little over 10 years ago and master5 soon after, tryed just about every free or shareware cnc software, very happy with Mach . Have been a machiniist for over 20 years .  Currently run a small CNC machine shop(2 mills, 4 lathes, 1 plasma table) mainly work in the firearm industry . Very much enjoy the forum and love the fact that I can get a quick accurate answer to my questions. The support avail for this software makes it a great product. Thanks
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:43:12 PM by panaceabeachbum »

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 07, 2008, 11:04:48 PM »
Hello All,
  I work in a grocery store -31 years-  by day :( (Boring, but a paycheck!), and do woodworking on a metal
lathe with the Great Mach 3, and recently built a 26"x48" cnc router from an old grocery store shelf frame
bolted together with angle iron for bearing guides. Ugly but cheap. Hope to build another with better components for more
accuracy.
  I've gotten great help here setting up the computer, breakout board,stepper motors and g-code; you guys are the greatest,
enjoy this forum because of the funny and smart charactors who frequent these pages!

Keep up the great work! Glenn

southeastern  Ohio, U.S.A.
Don't assume anything.....it'll make a Manager out of U and Me!
« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2008, 11:12:23 PM »
Hello. Thanks for the encouragement to post. My name is Rich Schmidt and I live in Oakland, California. I've been a technician for most all of my life. I currently am one of the IT guys who support our senior managers at work.

I currently have a Harbor Freight 44991 Mini mill that I have added CNC steppers, DRO's and Spindle Speed control.  I also have a 7x12 Mini lathe that I hope to add CNC to in the future. Wood working, music and electronics have been my hobbies for more than 55 years and only recently did I get interested in metal working and then CNC.

I built one HobbyCNC controller and have a second one ready to put into its case.  That will be used to control a small CNC router.  I purchased the Mach3 software because it is very flexible (although somewhat complicated for a non-machinist), but I am learning. I am having a blast learning about CNC and hope to be able to provide help to newbies like me in the future.  Thanks for having such a great support site.

Cheers,
Rich Schmidt
Cheers,
Rich Schmidt