Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:26:28 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516586 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #350 on: October 07, 2008, 07:17:20 PM »
I am Jeff Walters and I live in Flowood, Mississippi.  I have been running Mach2 for the past 3 years.  I have a 24x24, 3 axis machine
and my skills are very limited.  I mostly make cuttingboards from corian as gifts for friends and family.  I have sold a few to allow the purchase of a new, bigger machine.
« Reply #351 on: October 07, 2008, 07:18:39 PM »
Hi,

Name here is Mike, and I live in Oklahoma. I have purchased Mach3 but haven't got a machine running yet. I teach high school kids how to run a Super ProLight 1000 in one of my classes. I know enough to be dangerous, but have learned enough to get hooked into wanting to build one for myself. Hopefully I'll get a machine running at home and can get my Mach3 running, and have plenty of questions.

Regards,

Mike
« Reply #352 on: October 07, 2008, 07:25:29 PM »
I've been playing with CNC as a hobby for about 3 years.  I have a home built gantry style router/mill.  I design electronics and motor controls for a living, so I'll probably make a custom stepper and servo control soon.  I make mostly things from wood, but I also make motorcycle parts from aluminum.
« Reply #353 on: October 07, 2008, 07:57:18 PM »
Not really new, just haven't posted before.  I built a gantry type router running Mach (working envelope 10" x 52" x 76").  It has some Mechmate features but rides on monster linear bearings I bought on ebay.  I had some trouble at first but was able to get answers to all my questions by searching this forum and the web.  Did get a response from Art on the Gecko forum to an early question.  Am constantly amazed at the information out there and the reality that my machine runs on $159 software.  Thank you all.  By the way, Zeon originated as a peeved response to needing another ID for another forum.  One other thing, I think Lazycam is amazing especially for the money, just takes time to learn. 
« Reply #354 on: October 07, 2008, 08:08:59 PM »
Hi I'm Louie,and I am trying to build my retirement project,a cnc router table. I have all the components put together and wrote my name with a sharpie. I can cut numbers and my name in wood :). I have worked with cnc machines the last ten years (ballscrews, linear rails, spindles) and all types of controllers and drives. I enjoy working with them.
« Reply #355 on: October 07, 2008, 08:10:51 PM »
Hello I am a fairly new member.  I have a taig mill (4 axis) I am still trying to learn the whole process.  I have not much of any cnc experience but I looks like fun and I hope to learn a lot more in the near future.  I am retired from GM and worked for a few years as a electrical engineer on the Indy Car circuit. I was the guy who built and fixed the dreaded black box (ignition control) among other things. I think this forum is great and I hope it just keeps getting better.
« Reply #356 on: October 07, 2008, 08:19:59 PM »
Hello!!! mi name is César.

I`m in Argentina retrofitting a little cnc machininng center / lathe using Mach3 + Grex + 4 x G320 drives + PWM Spidle drive.

Motors + drivers + encoders + electric / electronics... OK. :D

Moves OK, Helical interpolation (3 axes x, y, z) OK. :o

Spindle speed close loop... No :-[

Spindle speed rpm indicator No  :-\

Sync Spindle / z for threading No  :'(

Mhhh... I`m thinking... G100 was a bad choice for a lathe.

Thanks for your attention!!!. Sorry for my poor english!!!. :) :) :)
« Reply #357 on: October 07, 2008, 08:30:46 PM »
I'm a registered mach 3 user who doesn't want to get deleted for not posting...  ;)

It's pretty easy to use so I can figure most of it out myself, and the rest I've been able to find answers to on here and cnczone...

« Reply #358 on: October 07, 2008, 08:46:46 PM »
I live in northern Utah, USA.
Around the end of 2001, I started cnc'ing a Shop Task that I'd had about 10 yrs, after 2 1/2 yrs of puttering, it works about as good as any cnc'd shop task can. Camtronics solder yourself stepper boards, home brew ball screws, cncpro, on an old 233mhz computer. Accuracy was limited by the table clocking on x moves.

Summer of 2007 I acquired a Grizzly g0463(sieg x3) It runs great with mach 3 on a 2.3ghz cpu with win 2000, it will do 70- ipm with 150 in oz steppers (costing $10 ea.)on x and y, and I think a 560 oz in on z, out dated gecko's that I bought on clearance (for about $65 ea) cnc fusion ball screw kit, DigiSpeed XL to control the spindle speed. I splurged and bought some tormach tts tool holders, which work great for length offset repeatability. Accuracy is much, much better than the st.

I'm currently and slowly working on a rotary axis.

enough dribble
« Reply #359 on: October 07, 2008, 08:48:26 PM »
I have posted several times and with great success to solving issues. I manufacture Billiard cues, Electric guitars and DanBuilt flight cases. I have built several machines using AHHA but made the switch to Mach.