Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:15:57 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511560 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #270 on: October 07, 2008, 07:39:14 AM »
My name is Brian Ellis and go as Abrian. I am running Mach 3 with a Steig mini mill, still having some problems doing things. My hobbies are CNC, motorcycles, flying and any other mechanical things. I have in my shop a plasma cutter, three welding machines, tig, mig, and stick however not really proficient in tig. Have done a lot of things in my 72 years. Email is Abrian@att.net
« Reply #271 on: October 07, 2008, 07:56:48 AM »
Welcome aboard Mr. Ellis.
Glad to have another "Flyer" in the house.
RC
« Reply #272 on: October 07, 2008, 08:03:41 AM »
HI,

I'm Bill and I have been using Mach for about 3 years. I am a slow poster because I really haven't had any problems with Mach3... I have a thread going on Rcgroups that talks about my cnc machine Routezilla II and Mach3. My posts there have slowed because I am working on a bigger machine, a Joe CNC 4x4 hybrid slant bed modification.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702944&page=11#post10694175
« Reply #273 on: October 07, 2008, 08:08:56 AM »
:) Michael here... We built a home brew CNC about 9 mos back as a home school project. We figured it would be a good learning experience for my two sons. Unfortunately we're now re-making it due to some 'help' with our move from Florida to Indiana a couple months back. I personally have lots of questions but need to get the machine spinning again before I bother you all with my do doubt simple questions. So until then please tolerate my lurking.
« Reply #274 on: October 07, 2008, 08:12:41 AM »
Hello everyone.
Seems that one of the prerequisites of forums is that one must post something to remain a member. :-)
I use forums to find info quickly from people that have had similar problems. I don't post a lot as I can generally find an answer and most times I don't have time to wait for someone to reply.
Enough of that.
I go by the name Bandit, I am an artist, I do a lot of freehand work: drawing, engraving, tattooing, painting, etc.
Some of my work can be seen at www.bandit-art.ca
I am in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
A friend bought a cnc plasma table & I got recruited to handle the computer and template creation.
He purchased it from a company in Calgary, Alberta, called Precision Cutting Systems, ( I do not recommend anyone dealing with these people ).
Due to our lack of experience with cnc processes, and the companies lack of information as to proper usage of thier product and the modified equipment that they are passing off, we have had nothing but problems.
I came here looking for answers, but have been involved in other projects also so I haven't put too much time into this as yet, but I will be here more looking for some answers.

Happy Trails.....
« Reply #275 on: October 07, 2008, 08:17:09 AM »
Hello
My name is Roy. I live in Illinois and I am new to CNC. I design, program and start-up industrial control systems for a living so I am familiar with motion control systems.

I have a small 3 axis router that i want to use for making small signs, plaques and artsy things.

I am using mach3 to control my router and I joined the group to learn more about it. Since I have joined I have learned many things about mach that I may never have learned another way.

I would like to thank the group.

I do have 1 question that I haven't seen answered.
How do you choose the best frequency to run the mach engine at?

Roy
« Reply #276 on: October 07, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »
Hello, my name is Dennis and I have been toying with my CNC since 2004. By toying I mean that I have been making things from yard art to dimensional signs. Never enough to support myself but enough to tinker and try many different techniques. I have a Shopbot PRT96 and a homemade 12" x 25" that I purchased that I use to cut those items housed in my two car garage. So the overhead is low but visibility is low also.
« Reply #277 on: October 07, 2008, 08:22:40 AM »
Hello, I am an independent minded mechanic from long island NY. I was recently threatened with banishment from this site if I did not comply with a demand to post. OK I Post.  I like Mach3 And I don't want to be banished. I was ordered to tell you folks something about myself. OK I hate to be ordered about. I love CNC. Long Live MACH3. Don't Give me ay more threats. OK ?
« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2008, 08:23:04 AM »
10-07-08

Hello all,

Really enjoy this forum!

Thanks,
Dan
Hampshire, Illinois
« Reply #279 on: October 07, 2008, 08:24:07 AM »
Hi All,
My name is Peter and I live in Adelaide Australia.
I have been a member of the “Mach3” group for about 1 year.
My experience with machinery is very limited, but I have an electronics background.
I have built my first CNC router and although it has not produced many parts, I have learned a lot from reading the post to this group.
The Mach3 software is fantastic and I hope to start to build a second router in the near future.
Support from Art and Brian is second to none, never seen any support from any software producer as good.
Keep up the good work.
Kind regards Peter