Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:33:32 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516302 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #210 on: October 07, 2008, 12:38:59 AM »
Hello to all.  I'm currently completely rebuilding a 24x36 wood router I purchased about a year and a half ago and which turned out to have serious limitations and problems.  It did come with Mach 3 installed though and I really like the program.  I've replaced just about everything on the original machine--the linear guides, the drive screws, the stepper motors, the power supply, the drivers, etc., etc.  I'm real close to having it working again but it's hard to find time.  I'm a furniture maker-woodworker by profession and in spite of the crashing economy I am swamped with work right now.  Very lucky and trying to make hay while the sun shines.  It's frustrating though because i could really use the router in my work but I have no time for the inevitable trouble shooting required for anything connected with computers.  Oh well.  I'll let you know when it's up and running and try to post some pictures.  Thanks to everyone for sharing.  I would have never made it to this stage without generous support.

Strcklyneo
« Reply #211 on: October 07, 2008, 12:47:47 AM »
Well I've been given an untimaltum or perish. So, does anyone understand what "units/per" means? It is on  the M
« Reply #212 on: October 07, 2008, 12:52:43 AM »
Hi, My name is Alan, retired, from Sydney, Australia, I have just finished assembling a Sieg Super X3 with CNC conversion  running on Mach3, I found the X3 a bit short on quality, the reclaimed steel made drilling difficult, some holes did not line up with Sieg CNC conversion centres. I fitted optical limit switches on the Z axis and magnetic reed switches on X and Y axes. I also made a USB hand controller using a Logitech keyboard PCB and wiring the key functions with wirewrap wire to the pushbuttons. Also fitted a coolant pump solid state switch controlled by the software. I used a PCI dual parallel port card instead the motherboard port to connect to the mill so that any user failure would protect the PC. Previously I had let 12 volts get to one pin of the parallel port on the motherboard, this motherboard is now crippled. Alan
« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2008, 12:57:34 AM »
Ok, I'm being forced into this but I often need a kick in the butt.  Converted a round column mill about a year ago and now I'm amazing all my friends with my "cooler than yours" tools. 

P.S. I'd love to see more advancements with Lazycam as I can't afford a CAM program. Mach 3 rocks!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2008, 01:03:25 AM »
Thanks guys, this is just a housekeeping move. I expect to see many more first time posters in the next 24 hours. Now that you have taken the plunge, find the appropriate board and ask away or give out some of that good advise.  :)

Thanks for posting,
Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2008, 01:09:49 AM »
Not that new here, but haven't posted in a long time. I built a Jgro machine 2 years ago, and have been slowly up grading it. Love the Mach 3 program, just trying to find more time to use the machine... too many hobbies.

Ray
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2008, 01:19:06 AM »
Hi to everybody. I'm watching this forum long now. I've got a IS 600 engraving machine. Bought it from my work. All the electronics was burnt. I replaced the electronics with L278, L279 drivers and used Mach 3. It is running smoothly. Want to build a big machine sometime.
« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2008, 01:26:10 AM »
Hi to everybody.  I'm a retired software developer who is building a 32x42 router.  It's taken a lot longer than I thought it would, but I've had to go to Jr College to learn how to mill the parts I need.  I'm getting better at coding and playing with Mach3, but still have a ways to go before my machine will be ready to go.  I live in Southern Illinois.

Leadbelly
« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2008, 01:34:53 AM »
Greetings,

Just another endangered zero . . .

If I tried that tactic on my forum, the membership would probably drop to zero . . .  :)

I have converted a Grizzly Go619 (Sieg) Super X3 mill to CNC using the Syil America kit and significant additional adaptation.

I purchased Mach3 with the Syil CNC conversion kit.

I have used the Write wizard more than any other aspect of Mach3 and discovered a bug in the Write wizard.

You probably don't want to hear that from a zero . . .

I have tried several CAM demos and I am having some confusion deciding on a full featured CAM program.

So perhaps, I have graduated to the ones endangered list . . .

Zeros and ones are welcome at my web site:

http://www.home-machine-shop.com

Ned

« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2008, 01:36:51 AM »
gday all, i have been apart of this site for about 6 months and so far and have got a lot of very useful ideas out of it. i am currently designing and building a 1/4 sheet router which is bench mounted and have nearly finished designing a full sheet router with tool changer, that's the tricky bit, but both are moving along nicely. i should hopefully have the 1/4 sheet router up and running by Christmas if my little girl will give me some time to my self. i also have some rough designs for a twin turret lathe that will hopefully be be getting into later next year.

alittle about my back ground, i have never used a CNC in my life but i am a fully qualified fitter welder with a  background in both instrument making and pressure vessel welding. i currently work for a premiere science museum in Australia where i design and build interactive exhibits. CNC's have always fascinated me but building one will always be more enjoyable than driving one, except for the first few times, as i tend to get bored with things very quickly once they are working properly so i always have to improve on them.

my ultimate goal is to design and produce a small size router which is affordable by people who do not have the necessary skills to build one for themselves and is easily shipped and put together. i believe that i have a pretty good design and when i think it is good enough i will post it here and get some much needed feed back on it from the people who do use them. i have to assure people i am not in this for the money i just love making things.