Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:03:27 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516899 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2500 on: October 16, 2017, 01:34:29 AM »
Hi Sam,

Welcome.

There are quite a few varied Gcode files here for you to download and try.  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,18345.0.html

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2501 on: October 19, 2017, 07:06:14 AM »
Hello to you all,

I have just joined the club and whilst i have been walking the dogs i realised that it is over 27 years since i last programmed a cnc.

Jon

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: October 19, 2017, 07:45:19 AM »
Hi Jon,

Welcome.

You will be right at home - Gcode is just a cranky now as it was 27 years ago.

Tweakie.

PEACE
« Reply #2503 on: October 19, 2017, 12:35:55 PM »
Hello everyone,
my name Dirk. I live in Germany.
Be indulgent, google is my best friend when translating. ;)
I use Mach3 since some years ago on my milling machine.
I use an old licensed screen for milling and turning. (That's a little problem)
My milling maschine is a Kami PD 350 with 4 Axis (XYZ - A/C). A Axis with a self made Trunnion Table.
I use the milling machine sometimes as a lathe with the late screen. It works well! But it must be better with a lathe geometry.
The speed of the rotary table is not sufficient for certain work. (example. Gear Cutting and "lathe work") In addition, I no longer want to perform turning operations in the milling spindle.
The machines are therefore given a rotating spindle in the X direction. For this, mach3 and the screen must grow!
So far I had learned a lot as a quiet reader. Thank you!

I think what I am doing might interest other members. I need a lathe with xyz axes. Sounds easier than it is, but for this I need a few "special functions". For example, function tool table for 3-axis lath. So far I have not found these special functions myself and need help. More in the ongoing post (tomorrow). Perhaps I create a separate contribution, because it goes beyond pure turning=> Mill/turn application.

That should be enough.

Bye
Dirk

« Reply #2504 on: October 19, 2017, 01:21:38 PM »
Good evening, complete CNC newbie, changed over from C02 Laser cutting and engraving to 6040z 3 Axis Router, Its taken me a week to sort the machine out and the settings with in Mach3 now all I need to do is figure out how to get my previous designs converted into GCode etc.

Lots of reading on GCODE and lots of leaning on the table looking at the CNC and the computer screen and wondering what on earth have I done!!! ???
« Reply #2505 on: October 19, 2017, 07:32:03 PM »
Hi,
a useful idea for learning is to use some of the simpler Wizards and then observing the Gcode it generates
and trying to understand it. Recommend rectangular bolt pattern, rectangular pocket, circular bolt pattern
wizards.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2506 on: October 20, 2017, 12:45:03 PM »
Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum. Now retired I have time to learn new things.
I have always been interested in technology and electronics. before retiring I have in electronic security for 40 years.
I realize electronic assemblies and I need to use a CNC to crack printed circuit boards
I discover the CNC and the MACH3 software. So I have a lot of questions.
Daniel
« Reply #2507 on: October 24, 2017, 02:07:15 PM »
Hi All,

I live in East Tennessee USA and bought my first and only CNC machine about 5 years ago.  Its a hybrid router and plasma cutter.

--PlasmaRoute CNC 4'x4' table.
--Thermal Dynamics A60 Cutmaster Plasma Cutter
--Milwaukee 5625-60 Router
--Mach 3
--SheetCam

Most of my work caters to the metal arts and wood carvings for home decor.  Some of my other equipment to round out my shop:  Lincoln 140 HD Mig welder.  DIY Powder Coat Oven, Sandblast cabinet, drill press, table saw, miter saw, Flatmaster sander, Graphtec FC8000 plotter.

I’m considering building a new CNC router table so I can dedicate my current machine exclusively to plasma cutting.  Hence, my interest in this Forum and learning the workings of Mach 3 and Mach 4.

At this stage in my life, other than working in my shop, I love to fish and hike the mountains of East Tennessee.
Looking forward to being a sponge here and getting to know many of you!
« Reply #2508 on: October 28, 2017, 02:38:48 PM »
 Hi guys, My name is Teodoro Pillaga, I just bought a Chinese CNC machine {4AXIS 3040 CNC Router USB Engraver 0.8KW Engraving Drilling Milling Machine 800W} So I don`t know much about this field. I`m a hobbyist hoping to learn some thing.  :)
« Reply #2509 on: October 30, 2017, 07:45:40 PM »
Hello My name is Cheska , New to cad cam we have an Chinese Industrial 8 x 4 cnc with Mach3 Software and Vcarve pro drawing package. I have configured pins and ports and everything moves correctly "3 axis". When I load a Gcode in the Mach 3 the Toolpath window shows that the artwork is off of the table. We set the soft limits but the gantry wants to go  to the artwork in space.  The spindle will not operate through the software we have to operate on/ :-[ off and speed from the control box on the router, Pin configuration? Any help will be greatly appreciated