Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:15:15 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4524918 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2490 on: October 02, 2017, 11:33:08 PM »
Hi Darren,
Welcome.  I too am a newcomer to this, just getting my feet wet on the Mach-3 side. Have been cnc plasma cutting for about 8 years.
I hope you will experience similar to what happened to a friend a few years back,  He had learned Solidworks and was getting pretty good at drawing but wen he brought a drawing file over and we made and assembled the parts, he got this strange look on his face and said,"Had no idea that actually MAKING STUFF was a trip!" ,
fred
« Reply #2491 on: October 03, 2017, 07:36:02 AM »
Altough I have been following this forum for about 2 years I have never introduced myself.
I come from Croatia and have built CNC with metal frame. It is sturdy and cuts alu easily.
Have fun all.
« Reply #2492 on: October 03, 2017, 11:50:39 PM »
Hi all i am new to all this cnc stuff i have a china SXCNC  6040 that came with USB CNC software can i use Mach 3 or do i need a new board or SOMETHING to get it to run .Also i am in Adelaide Australia and would like to know if there are any of you nearby Regards
« Reply #2493 on: October 07, 2017, 05:56:19 AM »
Hi CNCASHMAN,
I live in New Zealand so if you shout real loud with the wind in the west I'll probably hear you. My guess is that if you are trying to get
a Chinese made USB controller to work you will have occasion to SHOUT VERY LOUDLY INDEED.

Plenty of people do get them to work but they are frustrating. If you want the real deal buy a Smootstepper, an Ethernet one preferred from
Peter Homman, Homman Designs in Melbourne. Good bloke, knows his s*********t and won't let you down.

I know you don't really want to be told to go buy something new and moderately expensive but if you want to get your machine up and running
reliably then a Smoothstepper is a good investment.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline dwa60

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: October 07, 2017, 10:28:08 PM »
Can any one help me out, just built a cnc router, my problem is I can not figure out how to hook up the board I bought, it is. 4 axis usbcnc controller interface board cncusb mk1 usbcnc substitute mach3 board, it is for mach3 or 4. I do not know where the power goes to (plugsin).
I am 72, years young just had heart sugery last year, been working with lasers, and wanted to move up. This keeps me bussy. I will be 73 the 10th this month. Use to be a machinist for 43 yrs.
Thank You
Dennis
dwa60@hotmail.com
dwa6070@gmail.com
« Reply #2495 on: October 08, 2017, 12:46:29 AM »
Hi Dennis,
welcome. Post some pics of your controller and/or the manual. Should be able to help.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2496 on: October 08, 2017, 03:06:26 PM »
hello all.
i'm john from stamford UK, 44 and love fiddling with things
i've purchased a Chinese CNC 3040t, 350mm x 550mm to do small projects for my track motorbikes.
i use AutoCAD for work so have no problem drawing stuff,
i'm using SheetCAM and Mach3 to produce my items.
Les from SheetCAM has been really, really helpful with his software and i'd rfecommend it for the customer service alone.
i'm having some teething problems with Mach3, but am getting there with it.
i've joined the forum to hopefully iron out the little problems I am experiencing.
Yes, yes Mrs Lincoln,...but apart from that, did you enjoy the play?
« Reply #2497 on: October 10, 2017, 07:29:05 AM »
Def.not new but have bin so busy haven't had time to finish up my cnc table. Now I am back with more time to get it running. Seems maybe the company owner that sold the parts to me is dead from cancer. So I will be going it on my own now. I am formally in the jewelery industry and do wood working in my shop at the house in navarre  florida ,my router table is 4 foot x 8 foot and running servos xyz and a. Has many issues but is a heavy monster soon to be up and running more  to come. :o

Offline Dax

•  19 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: October 13, 2017, 07:50:37 PM »
Hi Guys
New to cnc struggling with settings (see other post ;D) great forum packed with knowledge. looking forward to help and in turn helping others as I learn more.
« Reply #2499 on: October 15, 2017, 03:15:42 PM »
My name is Sam,, currently building a 3 metre x 1.5 x 1 metre Machine for carving stone so like many folk decided to buy a  Brand New just out the box Chinese 3040 to learn, I would like to learn how to use a PC to cut objects and open a few new ideas.. . That's me probably a load of You as well.
So Got a 3040T have no idea how to run it Downloaded win 7 32 bit as that's what I needed Machine Jogs but I cannot find any Code to try..

So any help would be absolutely welcome.