Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:13:34 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516732 times)

Offline Turd Fergeson

•  6 6
  • keep on sucking till you do succeed!
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2470 on: August 27, 2017, 10:10:19 PM »
Craig, I agree.

I would like to discuss more once I get my feet wet. I figured out how to add the auto-zero script and run it in mach. It works well. I have the feeling there is a ton more I need to learn about before I can start cutting copper. Like always, I need to find the time. Thanks for the awesome tips and conversation. Hope to talk again soon.

Bill
« Reply #2471 on: August 29, 2017, 05:37:54 PM »
HELLO PEEBS
I'm in the UK (not by choice by birth) i have some (limited) experience with mach3 having worked a taig mill in a jewelers designing and making all manner of bling things  and boxing belts etc also a revo 540c 5 (simulated) axis  ..i have just recently got two machines from china one given to me and one purchased .the given is a three axis 60 40 with ball screws so appears OK not been run yet still cleaning it up ..the other smaller 30 40 is lead screws and looks like it might do the job but will replace the screws in time it is however four axis so i can mill cylinder stuff so may do some new legs for my coffee table :) ...lol i have also been trained by Auto desk and Delcam also rhino and matrix so am OK at modelling too just learning blender at the mo use sculptris and am considering the leap to z brush as it seems like the most capable program I've seen so far. I'm also an artist so like to sling a little colour around too my full time job is tattoo but i like to melt a little metal at times  ..my main aim is to get into five and six axis carving so would appreciate any (cheap) leads in that direction :) I'm not rich definitely in the DIY category AT THE MOMENT :)
« Reply #2472 on: September 05, 2017, 06:24:39 AM »
Hello Members, Just came across this fabulous community and glad to be part of this, I pretty interested in technology and want to learn from you all.
« Reply #2473 on: September 05, 2017, 12:34:37 PM »
My name is Donnie and I am very new here and my first post.  I have a Sherline Lathe 4410 of which I need to install some type of CNC to in order for me to make some parts that I can repeat the same process.  I have a forum myself that I own and operate and that is www.shipsofscale.com/sosforums/  well, I am not here to advertise my Ship Building Forum. I am here because I am overwhelmed by the nature of too many things to choose from (parts, motors, drivers)  to make a CNC work.  First, I like what I see with the Mach3 and would like to purchase it. But, I have some questions that are obvious to some, but are not obvious to me.

I wish that I could get some help. Also, I might need to post this in the general section as I am not sure if I am posting in the correct place.  All I have at the moment is a Sherline 4410 lathe and that is it for now.  No CNC motors, nothing, not even a PC yet.
Now, I was thinking about downloading the Mach3, but I am going to have to get some hardware.

This is where I get really confused.  So Sherline makes a Controller Box that has the cables and the two motors that I need. But, newer PC's do not have nor any of the newer PC's have the Printer Port.  So, I would have to have a USB to 25 pin for the Sherline Driver box.  So, is this set up wrong:  Lathe -> Sherline Driver Box -> USB to Printer Port (for the sherline machine control) -> Mach3 program
or should I be doing something else.

I am totally new at this and lost.

Thanks
Donnie
« Reply #2474 on: September 10, 2017, 12:56:17 PM »
Hi,
I've been using mach 3 on all of my home built cnc routers. Currently have a Diy large format cnc router (2mx1.5m) and an openbuilds C-beam XL. Both used for woodworking for my small etsy shop and whatever else I feel like making :)
« Reply #2475 on: September 15, 2017, 12:44:37 PM »
Hello,

my name Nanda Weinik, from Indonesia.

I use google translation.
sorry if my words are hard to understand

i am very new in this forum and this is the first time using mach 3.
first look easy, when tried a lot hard.

little problem with shuttle mode, anyone can help?

thank you
« Reply #2476 on: September 15, 2017, 04:47:43 PM »
hi im gman  im completely new and trying to understand all this  mach 3 sheetcam  cad  28   all at the same time  im an irish man living in texas . I hope im in the right place to try and learn as much as I can on these subjects . my hobbies are guitar .DIY .
re mach 3 bumped to minimum setting
« Reply #2477 on: September 15, 2017, 04:57:25 PM »
Hi  my name is gerard im an Irish man living in Texas  I recently bought  a4x4 plasma table   and its all greek to me at the moment but I am very interested in learning . Right now I keep getting a pwm bumped to minimum setting  im my status bar  mach3 anyone out there that can help  me  with this
« Reply #2478 on: September 15, 2017, 07:09:29 PM »
Hi Gerard,
welcome aboard. Start a new topic in the main board, it will allow others to see it, comment and/or learn from. I for one am intrigued that
you have PWM active at all, I mean I thought you triggered your plasma on and off.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2479 on: September 18, 2017, 06:28:05 AM »
Newbie Here....Just bought Chinese 3040 router