Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:32:37 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511346 times)

Offline Bigtools

•  7 7
  • What? Now? Why? - Retired!!
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2400 on: February 23, 2017, 04:04:13 PM »
Ok .... which end does the little three prongy thingy plug into --- ?  

Computer - I don't need no stinkin computer - SlideRules forever!  

Steinmetz was my hero!  What else you wanna know?

Tesla rules!

What is a LPT1?  

Stupid questions, deserve stupid answers!

Yeah, I gotta a CNC machiney thingy .... and I'm building a rocketship .....  we gotta get off this planet!!!  

My home is in Alabama - chicken farmer & I build Rocket ships on the side (the rockets generally point up - but not always!)  - just an ordinary red neck!

Dream in code!!  .....    E <=> MCC  

There are things in the universe we do not understand - #1-women  #2-Black holes(Trump)  #3- Mach3  (somebody must know something about it around here?)   [uh forgot #4 "Windows" !!]

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:09:15 PM by Bigtools »
BUZZ --  OFF!
« Reply #2401 on: February 23, 2017, 04:47:21 PM »
Hi, I'm new here. I recently got myself one of those cheap Chinese CNC machines.  I've been into 3D printing and laser cutting for the pst few years and now got myself this mill of sorts. It is probably meant for engraving but can still do some neat milling in brass with enough patience.

I have used it to make the odd part to repair stuff but I also intend to use it to make parts for quadcopters and other stuff. I also intend to use it for making PCBs by isolation milling.

I have some experience in gcode with the 3D printer as well as the laser cutter for which I wrote a primitive gcode interpreter/converter to convert to its proprietary file format.

However, despite my presumed knowledge and understanding of gcode I am getting somewhat baffled by this machine (which I am running under Mach3).  One of the reasons I came here is to figure out why at times it behaves so differently from what I expect, at times making it impossible for me to achieve what I intended. I usually end up assuming that it is due to bugs in the software but it is of course entirely possible that I am misunderstanding how it should work.

After looking through existing posts for answers I look forward to be asking some meaningful questions here.

« Reply #2402 on: February 26, 2017, 05:28:03 AM »
Hi,I am Johnny. Based in East Sussex,Uk. Tool and die maker by trade. Run Cnc lathes and mills for the last 20 years or so.  Recently acquired an old Bridgeport Romi lathe with all the customary electrical gremlins that seemed to have  always been included in the purchase price
« Reply #2403 on: February 27, 2017, 06:26:16 PM »
Dear all
As  I am new Mach  I am not an engineer m a simple graduate but I love machines cars electronics
I have done many automation with help of small circuit boards  and today I m trying to make.a machine which could help us to same time.
I have a simple question
I am developing a sewing machine for my customised needs. As of now the issue with me is I need to operate two motors in X & Y axis another two motors need to be at fixed place these will be only engaged when stitching is required. Another motor is required when the the whole stitching process is completed it will be connected to rollers to move the fabric from work area as we are using roll fabric roll size is 30 metres and work area is 2/2 metres.
Hence  at my work area thr are totall 4motors which will work during stitching. One for rollers now that means thr is some time duration which we need to calculate for roller motor

Is this possible in mach software with CNC

Thankful
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:30:05 PM by Muns »
« Reply #2404 on: March 02, 2017, 10:08:56 AM »
New Mach 3 user, I have been programming and running a 84 x 120 router at work from new and decided I needed to purchase one for my home business.  It's been smooth so far for the assembly and first test run and now seem to have a few issues. I'll post if I only knew what to search for in the forums first.  A little background, currently manage a warehouse, work in sales for a plastics company (free drop to run on the CNC) Own a small business with my wife make furniture and home decor from new and salvaged wood (pallets and such) So much business I needed a router to expand and help with currently orders i use to run on the router at work.  NOw for my issue,
Can someone point me in the right direction.  The issue is, I have saved the g-code from v-carve pro, loaded it in mach 3 but only part of the g-code transfers and I can only see that part in the display.  I had to save 4 different programs to do some 60 holes in my table last night.  It sounds like a memory problem but I have a new laptop (sleep mode off) 8 gig of ram.  Just not sure what to use to search in the Forum.  Tried a couple searches but no luck yet.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: March 03, 2017, 01:35:31 AM »
The issue is, I have saved the g-code from v-carve pro, loaded it in mach 3 but only part of the g-code transfers and I can only see that part in the display.

Hi Vballsave,

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you are operating Mach3 in Demo mode where it will only load and run 500 lines of Gcode. You need to purchase and install the license to gain full and unlimited operation of Mach3. http://www.machsupport.com/shop/mach3/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2406 on: March 12, 2017, 10:48:13 AM »
I am Rav civil engineer
I have a new CNC machine so far I have carved geometrical shapes and text I have to learn more I use GRBL controller and UGC sender learning curve for cam software is steep
« Reply #2407 on: March 20, 2017, 08:56:38 AM »
My Name is Neil and I am just getting into the CNC thing. I am converting a Harbor Freight mini Mill into a CNC machine and I have completed the X and Y axis. I will begin to do the Z this week. This process has take me longer than expected as I am also learning machining on my own. I will be using MACH3 to run the mill.
Thanks for any and all help!
« Reply #2408 on: March 21, 2017, 03:09:00 PM »
New to this cnc world, I have been woodworking for many years and want add a new twist to my work. I am retired military and from the great state of Texas
Live in a retirement community where we have a tremendous wood shop, my machine is in my shed ( man cave ).
It is probably safe to say I will be on the site seeking instruction / guidance quite regularly.
Thanks in advance for your help.
« Reply #2409 on: March 25, 2017, 10:14:38 PM »
Hi gang, i am a french canadien so excuse my english. I bought a old cnc china from a small company. size 24x36x5 niches, spindale 1500w, ball screw, a pretty good machine. I did change power supply, breakout board, Now i have to install limit switch, ermegency switch, and a probe. I have idéal how and what to do for install it. I work with mach3, aspire vectric. It is very exiting to see all the peoples hère with so much passion. I do read a lot of post and it is help me to understand how to procède and respect the machine. I like to engrave, design , create new form, .... So thank you CHAD to give the opportunity to be part and participante on your website.
Michel