Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:06:12 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516157 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2260 on: March 11, 2016, 05:19:45 PM »
Hi there
Let me introduce myself .in a few words.... (sorry for my bad english i'm french speaking)
My name is Eric
i have 48 year old and i leave in belgium .
My firs job is machinist , and i use a litle chinise cnc (6040 with vfd 1.8kw ) to make some pieces for models kits.
the milling machine is drived by Mach 3 and is a good soft.
it's not a precision machine but is a good cheapy base to start with home cnc machine .

« Reply #2261 on: March 17, 2016, 06:48:53 PM »
Hello My name is Bob, I'm new to CNC and have a do it your self kit machine. I'm using an old version Auto Cad R14, CamBam and Mach3. I'm a heavy equipment operator by trade, so if i ask some dumb questions its because i"m still on the learning curve. Thanks in Advance

« Reply #2262 on: March 17, 2016, 08:08:16 PM »
My name is  Greg I live in Milwaukee WI, I retired a few years ago and started buying and overhauling machines for my personal use. After my current lathe project I decided to sell all of them and buy one brand new machine. I decided on the Shop Master Mill/Turn with the Mach 3 software included. For my needs this machine will be just fine. I have had a few problems setting the unit up but we are getting there. So I am not only new to Mach 3 but to CNC machining.  I have a post in the NFS wizard but no one seems to be home. I'll keep trying.
« Reply #2263 on: March 21, 2016, 07:59:36 PM »
Hi,
My name is LeRoy and I am retired and living in Minnesota.  I graduated HS in 63 spent 4 1/2 years in USAF as jet engine mechanic, work for CNW railroad for about 25 years as a clerk until they downsized me.  Went back to school for two years for machine automation and worked for about 10 years building automated machines for the semiconductor industry.  Retired in 07 and started a part time business making custom picture frames that i sell on etsy.com.  I have wanted to build and cnc router for about 20 years and now that's what i am doing.

I am building a cnc sidewinder that i got from you tube.  I was doing pretty good until today when i ran into a problem.  I can jog all 3 axis fine in the jog mode but when i enter g-code or go to run a g-code program the motors just sit there and growl.  I have tried re tuning the motors and rebooting.  I need help.
LeRoy  
« Reply #2264 on: March 22, 2016, 06:33:02 AM »
Hello i am a newbie to all of this. even forum. i am having trouble programming my mach3. i have purchased a license.
My difficulties are with the home limit switches it seems. i am trying to do a reff home to set the DRO to the home switches.
evything else seems to work
but when i ask to ref all home the z goes up as it should but does not stop i have to press resset button but when i jog to the top the home switch ( limit switch also) click and stops i have to press reset to jog away. so its working but it wont ref all
« Reply #2265 on: March 22, 2016, 06:46:45 AM »
how to up load a word document to show my setting so you can all see what i did wrong
« Reply #2266 on: March 22, 2016, 06:57:11 AM »
Here is the document with the settings i am using. Please help me out on being able to ref all home
Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: March 22, 2016, 07:01:02 AM »
Hi Chefrc,

Welcome to the forum.

You need to post your question as a new topic in the general section to get the optimum coverage and replys.

It would help if you attach your <profile>.xml file (typically Mach3Mill.xml) to your new post. Copy the .xml file from the Mach3 folder, rename it to chefrc.xml then use the Reply / Additional Options tabs to attach the file.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:02:42 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #2268 on: March 22, 2016, 07:33:46 AM »
thanks i will try, as i said i am a newbie to forums a little lost in all of this
« Reply #2269 on: March 22, 2016, 07:37:43 AM »
where do i find general section to  have a new  topic