Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:01:45 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516247 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1980 on: October 30, 2014, 10:04:40 PM »
Hello friends,  My name is Scott Jordan. I live in sweet home Alabama. I have been a programming/machinist for the pass 15 years.  I have recently gotten a SXJ 1325 cnc router/plasma cutter from salecnc.com and had to buy Mach3 to run the router part.  The only problem is I cannot get Mach3 to run it.  The software looks great and easy to use, but I cannot get it to run the machine.  So I am here to help and learn from all you guys!  So if you can help me, I would really, really appreciate it!!  Thanks
« Reply #1981 on: October 31, 2014, 03:10:24 PM »
HI!

I am a complete newbie.  I just ordered a CNC router 24 x 48 table size.  I have been reading manuals and browsing the forum to pre-learn about Mach3.  I want to be ready to hit the ground running when my machine arrives.  I have several questions and will be positing them shortly.

I look forward to the learning experience.
« Reply #1982 on: November 01, 2014, 12:02:47 PM »
Hi Everyone I am not sure where to post this, I am using qcad and sheetcam and of coarse Mach3 on my cnc table.
Up until last night I haven't had a problem but I designed a file last night and set it up in sheetcam like normal and just like always it went great and it was a very quick and easy file. Just one .25 in hole to drill and a 1.01575 dia recess .12 inch deep spiral cut. After posting it I opened in mach3 and nothing, it loads but nothing in the screen but a little dot which I could not enlarge. Only thing I did on that computer was add a xbox 360 wired controller. I designed it on a different computer and posted on the one I designed it on, went in shop and used mach3 there. After doing that and the problem I tried loading on all 3 computers and didn't work. All old programs opened fine but now any new files I create wont show in mach3. Not sure what happened. I have unplugged the xbox controller but not remove plugin yet.
Thanks for any help if you have any ideas.
Ed
« Reply #1983 on: November 04, 2014, 11:40:56 AM »
Hello!  Just starting to get serious about this. I built my CNC from scratch using 1.3 inch plexiglass. Found 4 sheets 3x4 foot being thrown out. Looked like Check cashing or ticket windows. I like the idea of "see through" machinery.  I'm a tech by day and "Lazy guy" by night.

Gldfshrdr "Gold Fish Rider"
« Reply #1984 on: November 04, 2014, 09:40:44 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I am Ganesh from India.I run a machine shop with about 30 CNC machines producing parts for auto industry.
I have an Electrical engineering degree and worked for a few years in machine maintenance and retrofitting before starting this shop.
My intention for joining this site is to provide affordable machining solutions to small scale industries (including myself).
The idea is to convert mechanically good machines and make them usable by retrofitting.
A few machines in my shop have been retrofitted with CNC package from the big giants.The problem is the initial cost and also the need to throw a whole lot of drives and motors which have life left in them.
I am a novice when it comes to Mach and will greatly appreciate if somebody can recommend the way to go forward in learning from scratch.
The immediate need is to retrofit a cylindrical grinder for a simple plunge cycle on three different diameters.Presently we are doing this on three different machines which are hydraulically operated.

Offline BWC

•  6 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: November 10, 2014, 05:26:50 AM »
Hello, My name is Brad and I am starting an engraving business with my 19 yr old son. He is interested in being an engineer like his old man and I thought this could be an excellent way to help him get his hands (and clothes) a bit dirty and some experience in understanding machines and code. I think he's going to do great when he can run his first piece and actually see a design become a reality.

I bought BobCAD ART and that seemed to do the trick nicely. When we generated the G-Code and loaded it on the Mach 3 (current download version), his Lamborghini engraving looked great in the display.  << The problem we are having is that when we loaded the G-Code on the Mach 3 (same version) attached to the router/engraver, the display showed a series of circles. I installed Mach 3 onto another PC and then loaded the G-Code on that PC. Squiggly lines and no Lambo.
So far, if we look at the nc file with eith of his 2 PCs (with no parallel ports), we get a good display but on my 3 PCs, squiggly lines and circles that are trash.

OK, what's up and what am I doing wrong?

Please help if you can.
Brad

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: November 10, 2014, 06:07:43 AM »
Hi Brad,

Welcome to the forum and good fortune with your engraving business to come.

The squiggly lines are usually described as 'crop circles' and are related to how arcs have been created in your CAD / CAM (BobCad).

Within Mach3 if you go into Config ; General Config then change the IJ mode that should resolve the problem.

In future your generated Gcode should really include (at the start of the code) a G90.1 (if you arcs are created in Absolute mode) or a G91.1 (if your arcs are created in Incremental mode). The Mach manual describes this in more detail when you get the time  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline BWC

•  6 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: November 11, 2014, 01:55:36 AM »
Thanks for the speedy reply and the excellent functional help. :)
Things are working better and now I get to determine if I need to reestablish a new origin on my engraving or use the offset function of Mach 3. I will try to figure out the offset things and if someone replies first - way cool !

I'm an electrical automation engineer by trade and have been contracting for more than 27 years. I'm also an inventor who is planning to make a new invention using my router as soon as we get anything to successfully come off of it.

I am looking at possibly getting a laser to make some additional parts as I need a flame finish on acrylic with some very tight radii that I cannot get either of from a router. The material will be 1/2" thick but I cannot find anywhere as to what wattage of laser I will need.

Brad

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: November 11, 2014, 04:00:45 AM »
Hi Brad,

1/2" acrylic is just cuttable, albeit rather slowly, with a 40 Watt CO2 laser but an 80 Watt CO2 would be a much better. There is a lot of reading but my laser project is here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,12444.0.html if it's any help to you.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1989 on: November 15, 2014, 10:56:50 PM »
Total Newbie here, may name is Darryl, I am a Deputy Sheriff,hot rod builder and build furniture. I was looking for something to add to the shop and thought a plasma table would be a good add. I have never used anything like this before and purchased a 2x2 table from Precision Plasma and have recieved great help from them getting this up and running. I was using the demo to get my feet wet and purchased the license today. I also use sheetcam with their licensing as well.I know I will be here alot looking for help so please be patient with me.