Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:57:58 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4526146 times)

Offline LGF

•  37 37
  • can't sit still
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1950 on: August 28, 2014, 03:39:05 AM »
Maybe I should have started here

My name is Henk and I am a tech freak, love working with my hands and creating stuff, cannot sit still and I have little patience when I need to do something and cannot for some or other reason beyond my control (very costly at times, LOL)

Anyhow, I started building a 4 axis CNC machine and was told (also read great reviews about) Mach3 as a CNC control platform, so here I am.

Have done lots and lots of reading, but I soon realised that if I had started by reading I probably never would have built a custom CNC machine (software part is a nightmare).

BUT, it's done now, so I have to continue, another costly trait, I cannot leave stuff incomplete!

Now onto business, very happy to see the wealth of experienced members here. Pretty sure I am at the right place and that I will grow and learn more than I expected here.

Might need to update my profile to include the specs of "EVO 1.I", thats what I call my build, "EVO" as in Evolution, don't ask, hehehehehe and "1.I" just extends the EVO part in that it reffers to version "1" dot "Infinity", yep it probably will never be "finished" there will always be something to change or add. So I know now that this membership is a long-term thing and I hope to get to the point where I too can be part of the furniture with the abilities of the experienced members here!

Great site!
When I die, will someone please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend my funeral. No need to do or say anything, just attend and stand a short distance away? PLEASE???

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: August 28, 2014, 04:56:21 AM »
Hi LGF,

Welcome.

You are not wrong, a homebuilt CNC machine is never truly 'finished' I completed mine (so I thought) 10 years ago and I am still adding stuff.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: August 28, 2014, 05:15:30 AM »
is there any people who have information about the pins of ELMO EBAF servo drives; such as +-10 v and servo enable?
i want to rebuild old CNC MACHINE to mach3 and all drives are analog from ELMO EBAF
please share your information.

Hi Victor,

This pdf attachment may possibly be of assistance to you.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline LGF

•  37 37
  • can't sit still
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: August 28, 2014, 05:47:11 AM »
Thanx Tweakie

you seem like one of "them", the active "furniture" (konwledgeable) of the site!

Tell me something if you don't mind?

Is it normal to think you know what to do and then to be completely confused the very next moment you read something?
When I die, will someone please dress up as the Grim Reaper and attend my funeral. No need to do or say anything, just attend and stand a short distance away? PLEASE???

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: August 28, 2014, 06:06:38 AM »
Is it normal to think you know what to do and then to be completely confused the very next moment you read something?

Hi LGF,

I think so.

This is one of the problems with life in general – the more we learn, the more we realise that there is so much more that we don’t actually know - the cycle is never ending.  ;D

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 06:08:42 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE

Offline LGF

•  37 37
  • can't sit still
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: August 28, 2014, 06:14:29 AM »
K

Now lastly, is there some banking details that I missed perhaps?

Details for deposits for assistance?  :D

Oh and please tell me I can do payments via PayPal? :D
« Reply #1956 on: August 28, 2014, 06:23:24 AM »
thank s for reply Tweakie

victor

Offline LGF

•  37 37
  • can't sit still
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: August 28, 2014, 06:28:22 AM »
Hi as well ,
My build has been a long time coming as with most it was going to be relatively easy and as many I guess have found it is a challenge to say the least .I have been lucky to have great support close by Homann Designs  great product ,I however don't have the electrical prowess but I am learning slowly along with mach 3 I think I need the tutorials on disc so as to watch them again and again for the things I have missed I will get there ,cheers all.

Exactly the same with me, thought it was going to be easy and ironic enough the more I get to read the less i know and even worse the less i understand. At first I thought I knew what to do, now I don't even know who I am hahahahahaha
« Reply #1958 on: September 02, 2014, 11:09:33 PM »
my name is Kent and I am the managing partner of a law firm in Vancouver Canada although I was trained in London England. I purchased and put together a CNC system from SOC Robotics recently and am now taking in the steep learning curve in Mach 3 and finding it very difficult despite my innate ability to read complex materials.

Hoping this forum may be what I need to put the theories into practice.

Offline om

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: September 03, 2014, 03:22:39 AM »
Hi, I am Om Trehan. I read the book on 3D CNC  "BUILD YOUR OWN CNC machine, Patrick Hood-Daniel James.....".  In building the machine,  we changed from the MFB or wood structure to Thick sheet metal and castings changed dimensioning TO mm in our drawings.  Have done the mechanical parts, but stuck at electronics, as till now not able to find how I can connect USB output from by Dell c0m-uter to the breaker board and to the stepper motors through drivers, without the parallel port connection form the computer.  We have a 3D Printer, which we are programming and connected to the same Dell computer.

I retired from Intel USA. After working for 16 years in India around 24 years in USA, as a manufacturing, Design, QC and what not, engineer in various Major Corporations in Both the courtiers. Have limited hands on CNC or programing experience.  This machine building I have taken as a hobby and plan to build this one in India first and then may build one in Denver area in USA, if ever I will do it.  AT PRESENT I SPEND Winters few months in New Delhi area in India, where I have a small hobby cum service shop.

Any body working on this kind of problems and project and ready to exchange on How to connect electrical for CNC can call me in India 9181266079044 or email omtrehan@hotmail.com.  I am Very happy to join the group.

Om Trehan PE MSME
Som Intl,