Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:39:03 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516348 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1900 on: April 21, 2014, 03:04:09 AM »
Hi, my name is Paul i live in Qld Aus and i am new to CNC.
I thought a TS3040c might be a reasonable starting place for a novice user as a hobby. I know i probably should have known better than to buy one of these but to late. After struggling with the chinese/english instructions i got nowhere. A forum member here put up a link for settings and hooray! we have movement apart from the Y axis.
Turns out pins 2 and 3 get things moving on this one instead of 16 and 17. Have no idea about the 4th axis settings but that can wait for another day.
The listing for this machine showed a control box with a 3 pin socket for the spindle motor and wouldnt you know it the machine i received has no socket and the supplier has informed me that there has been some changes and the spindle motor is now plugged straight into the wall.
Obviously this means the spindle will simply run flat and i have just realised this will also bypass the emergency stop.
Anyway i've written this now so hello to everyone and thanks for the wealth of information i've already found. I'm off to contact the supplier again!
« Reply #1901 on: April 25, 2014, 08:37:47 PM »
Hi All,
My Name is Chris (Acrodoc) I have spent over 35 years as a CNC service tech, I have done 25 or so retrofits with Fanuc and Mitshubishi controls. I just stumbled upon Mach3 about a month ago and am very impressed with it's capabilities. I purchased a Break out board for the LPT port and a PoKeys56u. I have the tool Umbrella style tool change Macro written and working using VBscript. I have made a prototype operator panel with the Handle, Feed Rapid and Spindle Over rides plus axis select and increment select for the MPG.  I am working on new screens for Mach3 and under the Monitor keys for other functions. Ya I am like a kid with a new toy. I am starting to use Brains as well but the learning curve due to the difference from what I am used to. Wow I am so impressed with the capabilities of the stuff you can get from online vendors for such a good price. I hope to get one of my old 12 tool milling machines converted from a Fanuc 6MB to Mach in the not to distance future.

Acrodoc
« Reply #1902 on: April 26, 2014, 03:48:31 AM »
Hey all, I am new to the cnc world. I am a Farrier by trade, but recently bought a 4x4 plasma table from Bulltear. I am having some issues which led me here. Hope I can get Mach smart quick ;D

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: April 27, 2014, 09:04:11 AM »
new here I just bought a IH CNC and will be using mach 3 to control it. I have meen machining for 15 years with multiple machines and I use power mill at work.
« Reply #1904 on: April 28, 2014, 11:52:55 AM »
Hi all. My Name is Mark and I am a new shop teacher at East Bridgewater High in MA. We just purchased a new CNC machine from Industrial CNC. I am super new to all this CNC stuff so I will be posting questions up in hopes for some helpful info. Looks like a great place to learn!

Mark
« Reply #1905 on: April 29, 2014, 01:52:03 AM »
Hi all! My name is Tim and I am an engineer and live in the Portland, Oregon area.

I have a G0704 mill that has been converted to CNC that I use mostly for machining custom fixturing for the laser measurement systems I use in my job. Currently it uses a parallel interface, but will soon be upgrading it to an ESS - just ordered the parts today. In addition to the mill I also have a 3D printer and just upgraded to a 10x22 manual lathe from a smaller Prazi. At work I use Bobcad/cam, and just acquired Sharpcam for use at home.

This is a great site for all things Mach3 - valuable information. I've been browsing a bit and found several items that will undoubtedly be of great help as I do the ESS conversion. Thanks to all who contribute!
« Reply #1906 on: May 02, 2014, 08:37:59 PM »
Hello everyone. Name is Ben. I am from Celina, Ohio. I just recently purchased a 3040Z-DQ 4 axis CNC engraving machine from China. It arrived today, I got it put together and everything seems to be in working order. I went through the whole configuration routine for Mach3. No apparent issues anywhere. I was able to load in some sample G-Code and watched as the machine moved around. I would like to ask if someone out there could help me with my first actual tool touching material. I have a piece of board clamped on the table. No tool in the spindle. What do I do from here? I have been all over the web googling and can't find any decent tutorial on what to do to start cutting. Do I touch off on one corner and zero out all my axises, then hit Cycle Start? Will the Z axis push the tool down into the material? I am super new. If there is a thoughtful person out there that can point me in the right direction, I would be greatful. Oh, by the way, hobbies are Amateur Radio (KD8BRU), and RC aircraft and Helicopter. I work at a Fork Lift Manufacturer running a CNC Horizontal Mill. I am married and have a beautiful 10 year old daughter. Bye for now and God Bless.
Ben
« Reply #1907 on: May 09, 2014, 04:56:02 PM »
hello everyone . my name is frank. My school has a 5 axis cnc mini mill with mach 3 software and with no home switches. I'm trying to learn how to operate that cnc mill,that no one in our department knows how to use. I am having a hard time learning how to use mach 3.

« Reply #1908 on: May 13, 2014, 12:26:38 AM »
Hi All I arrived here while trying to get more info around converting my emco 5pc to wrok with Mach. I'm trying to rewire it and am a little confused with it all and so may well be in the wrong place. pleas e forgive me if this is so. But I'm hoping someone here has done the conversion to run mach.
i have made my own cnc router and are now on to my second build.

thanks
Brent

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: May 13, 2014, 01:51:34 AM »
Hi Brent,

Welcome to the forum.

There are a number of posts relating to the Emco 5pc - perhaps these will be of interest to you - just add emco 5pc in the search box  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

If you have any specific questions please post them as a new topic in the General Mach Discussion section where they will receive the best coverage.

Tweakie.
PEACE