Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:17:03 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516110 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1890 on: March 17, 2014, 11:30:37 PM »
Yes, a CNC English wheel would probably work better than I can do it manually.  Actually I use a power hammer though.
« Reply #1891 on: March 18, 2014, 07:01:48 PM »
Hi, new member from the UK here.

Previously worked as a design engineer using 3D cad. Now working as a self employed furniture maker. Just bought a CNC router for woodworking that runs Mach3 hence the reason for joining this forum. I am going through the process of reading the manuals, watching videos online and playing about but I am still struggling a bit with zeroing the Z probe with reference to the touch plate. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.

I found a piece of code on here that was written for the auto zero of the Z axis and it references inches when I am set up to work in good old 'mm'. Will this make a difference to the machine? Looking forward to cutting something on this machine! 
« Reply #1892 on: March 25, 2014, 08:12:42 PM »
Hi my name is Bill and I am from Phoenix Arizona.

I finished building a 4' x 4' plasma table about a month ago and hade a pretty fun experience. I am using inkscape, Sheet Cam and mach3. I have to say I have learned a ton in the last couple months from building the table, wiring the bob ,drivers, motors, power supplies and software.

I hope to learn a bunch more with the help of this site.

Thanks for all the information you and your members provide.

Bill
« Reply #1893 on: March 25, 2014, 08:44:40 PM »
Welcome aboard Bill !
Man, I feel your enthusiasm !
Mach3 and CNC was such a breath of fresh air when I jumped in, like jumping into a pool of ice water.
Your sense of accomplishment is to be commended.
Whether you need help, or post some cool projects, we sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest regards,
Russ

Offline RRG

•  2 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 26, 2014, 07:16:10 PM »
Hello All,

New member here but I have lurked for quite some time.  Finally getting back to making some chips with a hobby level CNC mill and lathe after a couple years of putting them aside due to other priorities including moving to a new house.  Looking forward to improving my machining skills and possibly rebuilding the CNC controller I made from scratch a few years back.  Also looking forward to passing these skills along to my son.

Anyhow, thought I would drop in here and introduce myself before posting my first topic.

Thanks all for the invaluable information conveyed here.

Rick
« Reply #1895 on: March 29, 2014, 06:43:05 PM »
Folks,
I've recently upgraded to the current version of MACH3 for my 3 Axis router.
I'm seeing unusual moves after I do a manual tool change.  This has ruined several parts, and I wondered if anyone could offer any advice on tracking this down. 
Previously I've been using a version that I bought about 3 years ago, and I've never seen this behavior.
If anyone has any advice, even about how to search this on the forums, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Paul Vogt
PVXGuitars,
Charlotte, NC
« Reply #1896 on: April 03, 2014, 10:33:16 PM »
Hi all,  I am new to CNC but have been a controls engineer for a few years.  I just started messing with mach3 a few days ago for a 4'x6' cnc router i am building.  So far it is kickin my rear but hopefully you guys can help me out!  Maybe i can even pay it forward in a while.

Ben
« Reply #1897 on: April 03, 2014, 10:51:30 PM »
Welcome to the group Ben !
Hang in there bud, it's an uphill climb, but soooooooo rewarding when you finally get a glimpse of the horizon.

All the help you need is most likely right here.

Enjoy the ride !

Kind regards,
Russ
 :)
« Reply #1898 on: April 14, 2014, 08:55:59 AM »
Hi, I am pretty new at CNC and have built a home made (mostly plywood) router table. Gantry type. I got the plans online Through Ebay. bought the book. Decided to down size the original plans and did OK. Just OK! I am 74 years young and am enjoying myself immensly (forgive my spelling). I have very limited room in my garage being it is a one car garage. I think the plans were   Buildyourowncnc.com It has a very basic drive unit/s. But it works. Hope to spend more time on the Forum to see how other folks solve their problems.
« Reply #1899 on: April 15, 2014, 01:05:18 PM »
My name is Al Perozzi and live in Concord, NH. I work in the Drilling and Blasting industry with extensive experience with Drilling in rock and Commercial Explosives. I do woodworking and metalworking as a hobby, so this CNC thing just seem to make sense for both so I built a DIY machine and now struggling through the start-up without cutting my first piece yet!