Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:25:30 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516043 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1880 on: February 23, 2014, 03:46:16 PM »
Hi,

Thought I would introduce myself, I'm Kevin and have wanted to build a CNC machine since before all these amazing resources appeared on the internet, its about time I got round to building something!

I think I just needed a kickstart and hopefully that has come in the form of buying a load of items from a large printing machine that was being stripped for parts

Managed to pick up THK rails (2x 10ft), loads of extrusions, steel frame, 9ftx5ft suction bed, Mitsubishi servos so hopefully be able to start building soon

I'm hoping to purchase MACH 3 but I'm not sure if it will work with the model of drive I have so will post a question about that, any help appreciated as after all these years I cannot wait to get started

thanks
Kevin

Offline ozzey

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 25, 2014, 07:10:08 AM »
hi i hate typing i will tel you my trubles latter if i cant work them out
« Reply #1882 on: March 03, 2014, 11:34:43 PM »
Hello,

Joined this group today.  Just finished a 2' by 4' machine based on the ShapeOko design.  Installed a Demo copy of Mach3 and got it running yesterday including a G Code file of about 500 lines. Yea!  It worked! 

However, my major problem right now is trying to zero out the machine coordinate values in the DRO's.  I would like to do it when Mach3 is running but the controller/machine is turned off.  They won't zero!  Seems strange!  Suggestions?  I would like to be able to manually move all axises to zero then turn on the machine and have it be zero for all axises in the DRO's, but they always open with a positive or negative value in the DRO's!  I have also tried referencing each axis to zero when the machine is running and the DRO's still do not zero! Help!

Thanks,
TimG
Olympia, WA

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 04, 2014, 02:10:51 AM »
Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum.

It is best if you post your questions as a new topic in the General Mach Discussion section - then it will get more answers.

In Config / General Config - uncheck the Persistent Offsets and Persistent DRO's boxes in Axis DRO Properties and see if this cures your problem.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1884 on: March 07, 2014, 08:34:40 PM »
Hello all;

My name is Alan Campbell. I'm a retired Canadian serviceman and amateur machinist. I took an introductory course in machining in the 80's while in high school and always loved the idea of setting up my own small shop.

I bought a Unimat SL1000 a couple years ago and began learning using online tutorials, and trial and error. I recently completed upgrading it to CNC and now look forward to a new level of hobby machining.
« Reply #1885 on: March 12, 2014, 02:01:24 PM »
Hello,

I teach Precision Machining for a high school. We've used Mach3 for about 9 years now. We have built a 3 axis mill and a 4 axis mill.
« Reply #1886 on: March 12, 2014, 04:13:05 PM »
Hello to you all I just registered and would like to introduce my name is Ed Barts  from Racine, Wi yes I am a Packer fan. I am and electrical mechanical engineer and have been on for 30 years.
I usually design and implement one of a kind machinery from a concept to an actual working product then introduce into production. I have been paying close attention tho this Mach3 and I am impressed, I just need to learn more about it. I have done a lot of work in South America due to the fact I am fluent in Spanish, I have trained in spanish, polish, and some italian I do speak those lenguage.
I enjoy playing music i play bass, regular guitar, and keys, have been on the road when I am not out of the country or some place in the USA.
At this time I am helping out with Royal Family Kids this camp is for neglected, abused, and abondoned kids who are in foster care. we are going to use an ingraver to put their name so they will feel important, That said i need information for ingraving using mach3 please help, i would apricate to  talk to some one over the phone if possible. thank you in advance ED
New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1887 on: March 16, 2014, 11:55:12 PM »
Aloha from HAWAII, im am a newbie and in the process of doing a DIY CNC machine.. Was leaning towards grbl but the configuring took too much time figuring LOL... So im gonna run mach instead.. Seems to be a more reliable match between software, hardware, mechanically and electronically.. Looking forward to all the advice in this new adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Reply #1888 on: March 17, 2014, 10:25:16 PM »
I'm Rex from Portland, Ore.  Just trying to set up my CNC mill.  I'm a car hobbyist with several model A's, a '33 Ford, and a T-bird.  Getting into metal-shaping and trying to get my home-brew CNC mill up and running.  Retired silicon valley techie geek trying to do mechanical stuff now.
« Reply #1889 on: March 17, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »
Welcome aboard Rex !
Metal shaping ... hmmm. I'm envisioning a CNC English Wheel.
Wouldn't that be a project ! ?

Hey, hope Hood gets you figured out on your other post. (sure he will)
Maybe a reload will do it.

Enjoy the ride !

Best regards,
Russ