Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:35:35 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516273 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1870 on: February 13, 2014, 12:55:03 PM »
Hey people! Yeah, I'm a nooby. I'm a senior tech but mostly working computer configuration for manufacturing. Been at this for 25yrs.
My handle is GLDFSHRDR, gold fish rider. I'm running Mach3 demo on a test platform I built in 5hrs from crud I had laying around.

Thanks.......gldfshrdr
« Reply #1871 on: February 17, 2014, 09:10:18 AM »
Hey people! Yeah, I'm a nooby. I'm a senior tech but mostly working computer configuration for manufacturing. Been at this for 25yrs.
My handle is GLDFSHRDR, gold fish rider. I'm running Mach3 demo on a test platform I built in 5hrs from crud I had laying around.

Thanks.......gldfshrdr
« Reply #1872 on: February 17, 2014, 09:14:16 AM »
I have been using version 1.84.00 for over ten years and I love it. Unfortunately it became corrupted. Can anyone tell me how to get version 1.84.00.

The latest MACH3 version does not allow importing DXF files. It uses EasyCAM. I tries using it and it ain't so easy.

Thanks for your help

Ernie
South Florida

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: February 17, 2014, 11:33:33 AM »
Hi Ernie,

Follow this link http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/

Click on FTP Downloads then FTP Server Main Menu then Mach/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1874 on: February 19, 2014, 01:54:58 PM »
Hi
My name is Bernard, I am a new user. I just got started with this new hobby and just starting with milling. I just received a brand new Taig CNC from Soigeneris.
I do electronics project and I plan to have fun building PCB prototypes, enclosures for my projects and more. I have zero milling experience.
Actually, I drilled one hole in a PVC pipe yesterday !

I have been playing with Eagle, CamBam, Mach3 and CutViewer for the past few weeks while waiting for my Taig.
Using CutViewer as a virtual milling tool, I now feel comfortable to start experimenting with the real thing.

I have one support question. I do not have limit or home switches. I do not think I need them. I still like to use the soft limits.
I have them set-up and I manually zero out the machine coordinates close to the "corner".  For my application my machine coordinates do not have to be precise.
I have to perform this function every time I re-open Mach3 since it looses the machine coordinates when I close and boots with a zero value.
My workaround is to send the machine Home before I close the program. To do this, I use a G55 offset (0,0,0) and then I goto Zero.

There has to be a better way to do this... like saving machine coordinates between program runs or a simpler way to go HOME (machine zero) without limit switch.

It you can help me, that would be great.
Thanks
« Reply #1875 on: February 19, 2014, 05:51:01 PM »
Welcome aboard Bern !
Sounds like you are well under way, and doing a great job so far.

In Gen Config, you should be able to select "Persistant DRO's" and all will be the same at the next start-up. (just don't move anything while it is shut down)

Enjoy your new addiction !
Russ
« Reply #1876 on: February 19, 2014, 06:47:39 PM »
Bernard,
If your machine still has dials or an index mark, then park it some place with the dials all at zero and call that home. When you power up move all axis to zero and hit the zero all button and you are ready to go.
« Reply #1877 on: February 19, 2014, 08:18:28 PM »
Thanks Guys. Overloaded solved my problem with persistent DROs.

Here is a more difficult one:
I got a PCB contact plate connected to a parallel input pin set active low and set as the probe input.
Together with a VB button script, it works very well.

I would like to add an LED indicator on the main screen next to the Auto Tool Zero.
Nothing fancy, the LED would just show the status of the probe allowing me to test the probe before running the script.
At this point, I have no idea on how to customize screens.

Any idea where to buy small parallels. 1/4" to about 1"?

Thanks

Offline CMC

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: February 20, 2014, 09:32:19 PM »
Hi.  My name is Carl and I live most of the year in Carson City NV and a short part of winter in Sun city AZ.  I have had a small Zenbot router for a little while now and am still learning (slowly!).  Latest addition was a copy of CAMBAM which seems fairly straightforward.  So I am trying to use that software when necesary and programming my own in G-code when I can.  Trying to work with logical loops right now. Very slow for this senior citizen.  The ole' brain does not seem to comprehend as fast as it use to.  Anyway, great site.  i love the forum and have used it extensively this week.   
« Reply #1879 on: February 21, 2014, 08:55:23 AM »
Carl,
Welcome to the forum.  I also use CamBam. I think you are doing it backwards though. I haven't hand coded anything in quite a while as it is nearly always faster to do it in CamBam.  For instance, zig zagging back and forth to clean off the top of a part. Easy to hand code, but even faster in CamBam, by drawing one line a little longer than the part and entering about 5 other numbers. You see the too path drawn out and you are good to go.  I cut metal all the time now without air cutting to to test the program as my confidence in CamBam is very high.