Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:55:06 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4515906 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1840 on: December 14, 2013, 07:23:47 AM »
HI,
Greg Smith here. I work at a sheltered workshop as a Rehab Engineer building things to help our handicapped people with the jobs that come in. A never ending opportunity to create unusual stuff. I've built a cnc router that's been a dream for many years and now am catching up on the associated technology to utilize it. Love the forum and the help it's been so far :)
« Reply #1841 on: December 24, 2013, 09:19:42 AM »
Hi,

My name is Eric.  I'm a long time reader/lurker...   I would like to become a more active participant and share some stuff I work on.

I currently run a Millrite mill I've converted to CNC (mechanical and electrical), as well as a Denford Starturn 8 lathe that I've got running (electrical conversion only).  I've been working on these two machines slowly for about the last 3-4 years and have them working well.

I am now currently working on my own touch probes and a probing wizard, as well as various other 'arts' and 'craft' like projects.  I'll share some more about these a little later. 

Regards,
Eric Brust

« Reply #1842 on: December 28, 2013, 09:43:27 PM »
I am new to the forum but not to CNC.  I have been running my home built CNC router using Linux for about 4 years.  Decided to switch to Mach3 to be able to use my 4 axis rotary.  Linux didnt like the 4 axis so much.  I use my mill to do woodworking like signs, inlays furniture etc.  I use V Carve to generate and post my tool paths.  I started posting in the forum to help with the Mach3 installation.  Its good to be around individuals with so much CNC knowledge.
Judedude
Jude
« Reply #1843 on: December 28, 2013, 10:59:54 PM »
Hi. I have been using mach3 with v-carve pro since July '13 and have been very happy with mach3 and vectric so far. I have a home built router with a cut area of 36" on the x axis and 48 " on the y axis and 5" inch travel on the z. I work on cnc's that range from the late 70's up to some new cnc machines. I still have many ideas and projects to try but like everyone else,,,, limited time.
« Reply #1844 on: December 29, 2013, 04:12:12 PM »
Does anyone ever reply to the emails sent via the contact form? I've tried it numerous times without a response. I represent CNC Warehouse LLC and didn't want my communications to this company in a public forum.

If someone from the company is actually monitoring this, please email scottp@cnc-warehouse.com

« Reply #1845 on: December 31, 2013, 01:14:53 PM »
Hello. I am very new here. My name is Jeremy, I live in Northern California. I am a wood mill crew member by day and a metal hobbiest at home. I am new to mach3 and so far I like it. Building a plasma table right now. But all is new to me. thanks
« Reply #1846 on: January 13, 2014, 01:09:37 PM »
Hi
My name is Rod live in northern Maine,we have had mach3 software for a little while.We have 2 machines with it on it a bridgeport and hbm. This is a great forum,i have done very little cnc work so this is a big help to me. I am having a problem the Y axis when i hit the up arrow key it goes down,hit the up arrow key it goes up. I have rev the axis and it worked but when i switched back it did not work. I am looking forward in learning alot about mach and give help when i can. thanks to everybody out thier.
thanks
rod
« Reply #1847 on: January 15, 2014, 06:08:51 AM »
Hi all, I  wanna say some thing before any discussion. THis is Marc Pierre here.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:50:06 AM by Overloaded »
« Reply #1848 on: January 15, 2014, 01:29:26 PM »
Hello all, my name is Paul and I live in Toronto Canada. CNC is completly new to me, but I have a real love of metal working (own a lathe and made a mill) and electronics (did hardware/software work for most of my life). I love to learn and love to "make things", and with that my new project is going to be a CNC router mainly for PCB prototyping, but sturdy and large enough to mill aluminum and steel. It WONT be a full steel mill, but I want to make sure its sturdy enough to do more than just PCB or plastic (nothing like truck wheels though  lol).
After a lot of digging it looks like Mach3 will be the best program for me to use, as all of the multi axis kits out there (motor/PS/controllers) are all mach3 compatable.

The other problem I have is I use Design Spark to make PBC layouts (chose this after having to scrap my old one due to license issues.... wanted money all the time for every rev). I DONT want to have to learn a new PCB software again, and like the idea of "free ware" like Design spark (and not limits like Eagle). So, currently Im looking for a good translation software so I can keep what I have (probably Gerber to Gcode).
I figure the poeple here will know more about the whole CNC "scope" than I am ever likely to learn, so where better to come than to the people who "live it"  :)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: January 16, 2014, 01:46:59 AM »
Hi Stern-69,

Welcome to the forum. You should be up and running in no time with Mach3 and Design Spark as there are many different options for Gerber to GCode conversions.

Tweakie.
PEACE