Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:51:11 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516288 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1830 on: November 20, 2013, 07:27:00 AM »
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum.  :)

If you post your question, as a 'new topic' in the General Mach Discussion section you should get the answers you need. Please include details of your 'new helper', so it can be identified (pictures would be great - use the Additional Options to attach pics). I am sure someone will know the correct pin settings etc.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1831 on: November 20, 2013, 04:26:57 PM »
Hi,

it's been 5 years now i'm using Mach3.
These days, i'm working on  a new 4 axis controler for my new cnc, and this time i use an ethernet smoothstepper
which seems to work like a charm.
I  live in France and despite there's a french version of Mach3, the best way to grab answers to my questions is here !
So, i'm gonna post in the general section now .
« Reply #1832 on: November 20, 2013, 10:40:22 PM »
Hey everyone! We're a couple hobbyists out of Austin, Texas and we just finished building a Pro CNCRouterParts kit. We're familiarizing ourselves with Mach3 now, and what brought us here is the numerous questions we've got. CNC is a totally new world for us - we are swimming in the deep end while we're learning how to swim. We're excited about experimenting with this powerful machine and powerful software. I'm going to jump over to the FAQ and see what I can learn there, but I'm sure I'll have a question posted soon. We'll sign our posts I or J.

- I
« Reply #1833 on: November 26, 2013, 11:24:34 AM »
Hello Everybody -

Glad to be here.

Recent Mach3 User.   Recent purchaser of one of the ol' 3040td's from china - an "OK" little machine - good for small projects.  Running Mach3 on it.   

Former owner of Shopbot 48" x 48" running Cut3d and which produced most of the work you can see here:  www.regimentalsigncompany.com.

Now own this little 3040 running Cut3d also and produce this product line:  http://www.tripoligiftcompany.com/p1.aspx

Just started with this machine so stand-by for some integration questions!!!  Would appreciate your help.

Have a good one everyone and have a great Thanksgiving!

Joe
Washington DC

« Reply #1834 on: December 02, 2013, 05:05:49 PM »
hello my name is chris im new to plasma cnc
I have a 5x10 lightning cnc plasma table with hypertherm powermax45

Offline LK

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: December 09, 2013, 04:54:13 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am from the Vancouver BC region and have a software support and average programming background but also, some cad, and experience as a mechanical technician in the transportation trades with two years collage level training in Avionics Electronics Technology. Years ago, traded in my hand tools and into the world of IT support and programming.

I like to know what kind of demand there is for people like my self to support, troubleshoot and configure the Mach3 on customers CNC equipment? Since most CNC users/operators and owners do not have any software development or programming background, I thought I could offer my services to for a fee one I learn all aspects of Mach3 programming.

Thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: December 10, 2013, 06:07:15 AM »
Welcome to the site LK.
I have attached a link that you should read.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,501.msg2584.html#msg2584

RICH

« Reply #1837 on: December 10, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »
Hi, my name is Marco, from Virginia.

I have a mini-mill that I am upgrading to CNC, 2 axes done with Z in progress. I'll be using it to make parts for my full size 2 seat airplane project. I've been using my mill and lathe for the past 2 years, and enjoy making things.

I'm still dealing with the CNC learning curve, but it gets a little better every day.

Can anyone point me to how to map my Ball-screw in Mach3?

Ciao

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: December 10, 2013, 03:51:48 PM »
Ciao,
Good question as I have never paid attention to it, don't recall any posts about it, nor do I  find anything in the manuals  about it. >:D

Would recomend that you check the steps per unit based on the longest travel of the axis. Ball screws vary as to their accuracy with backlash being a bigger problem
than the accuracy of the lead.

RICH
« Reply #1839 on: December 11, 2013, 01:22:43 AM »
G'day, I am Rick and teach woodwork in a country High School in Western Australia.
We have purchased a locally made CNC router, using Mach3 and I am looking at using Vcarve pro 7.

My brain is swimming at the moment with all the stuff I need to learn, and good advice has sent me here to read and ask.  I still have a lot of reading to do in the initial stage of trying to get some action with the machine.  Time is the biggest problem, as i am still teaching.  Summer holidays, in two weeks time will be an opportunity for learning, however as we all know, holidays are normally jammed packed with an endless amount of jobs to do.

I look froward to reading your advice!!