Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:28:22 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516613 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1810 on: October 14, 2013, 01:04:14 PM »
Hi Mike
I too live in Brixham and have a Colchester Master converted to a CNC mill/lathe via Mach 3.
Graham
« Reply #1811 on: October 16, 2013, 04:57:19 PM »
Hello Graham,

Nice to hear from you, perhaps you can email off forum?  I think my email is available, if not I will let you have it in whatever way I can.

Kind regards, Mike
« Reply #1812 on: October 18, 2013, 02:58:21 PM »
Hello to all,
whiteknight5951 is my screen name here, go by Clark out in the world.
I live in Pell City, Alabama.
New to Mach 3, and new to the forum, sure I will lots of questions and hope I won't be to much of a bother.
Thanks, Clark
« Reply #1813 on: October 18, 2013, 07:11:09 PM »
 :)   Hello From San Jose CA. New to mach3  I need some Help  with probotix and mach3.... Can anyone direct me to the right place?
« Reply #1814 on: October 19, 2013, 10:15:39 AM »
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

Good Morning
I am brand new to Mach. I have ordered a CNC Router from CRP and just starting to load Mach. I loaded Mach on a Dell Precision 380 Windows 7 with no problems. Installed license etc. I have noticed that the numbers in the boxes are cutoff at the bottoms. Checked screen res all seemed normal. Any suggestions?

Killian

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: October 19, 2013, 11:53:19 AM »
Hi Killian,

Welcome to the forum.

If you post your question as a new topic in the General Mach Discussion section I am sure someone will know the answer to resolving this particular problem.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1816 on: October 24, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »
Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like a very interesting machine you and your grandson are building.  8)

Tweakie.

Tweakie,  I see you have done lots of really interesting stuff.  I finally got the machine up and running, and I've been busy using it to make parts for a more robust spindle than the Sherline I initially installed.  I have a 2-1/4 hp router mounted right now for cutting aluminum. 14K rpm with a 1/4" endmill really blasts out the chips compared to the Sherline.  I almost have the regular spindle done with Tormach tooling, driven by a 1-3/4 hp treadmill motor.  I added a Tormach 0XA toolpost for lathe turning behind the mill spindle, and I have a Harbor Freight lathe spindle, bed and tailstock that bolts down to the table.

Of course, without pictures it's not real. 

Try:
http://s811.photobucket.com/user/garyhlucas/library/?view=recent&page=1

Gary H. Lucas

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: October 25, 2013, 07:40:32 AM »
Excellent build quality Gary - my congratulations on your work.

( I don't think I could work in a shop that clean and tidy though  ;D )

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1818 on: October 25, 2013, 09:28:31 AM »
Tweakie,
That's not a shop, that is my WIFE'S garage!  I grudgingly get to keep the machine there if I keep it absolutely spotless, no chips anywhere.  So every session ends with thoroughly vacuuming up all the chips so they don't go into the house.  So the enclosure and the chips pans I'm installing around the table are a necessity.  I could move it out to my shed (we have his and her sheds) but the shed isn't insulated so it hard to keep it cool in summer and warm in winter.
« Reply #1819 on: October 25, 2013, 01:29:41 PM »
Hello,

My name is Dave (Kawika in Hawaiian) - I am in Hawaii - have been manual machining on a Grizzly 0463 and a 602 Lathe for about 5 years now - I have purchased a 2nd Mill for CNC conversion Grizzly G0704 - I have converted it to ball screws and have all the motor mounts installed for CNC - I have my Computer and have built my electronics box - and now sit with the Mach 3 software and motors connected to the electronics box and no motor movement  :( - I will be searching for help - Thank You all in advance