Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:11:11 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516392 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1780 on: August 05, 2013, 06:12:34 AM »
Greetings from Poland!

We are using Mach 3 to run our old Emco CNC mill converted to modern drivers and planning to use it to some other things :)

« Reply #1781 on: August 07, 2013, 06:11:44 AM »
My name is Mike  I purchased a Taig 2019 cnc mill a few months ago to mill some parts for a hobby. Got in way over my head and have learned a ton. the tutorials are tough not knowing all the parts, language in the business, definitions etc... I need a way to set up homes and offsets that I can understand. what I have found are tutorials with home switches h
which I don't have on my entry level mill   HELP!!! Please

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: August 07, 2013, 06:54:15 AM »
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

Probably best to post your question as a new topic in the general section where it will get more views (and hopefully, suitable answers).  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1783 on: August 20, 2013, 01:17:27 AM »
Hi, my name is Robert. I am finishing up a HF mini mill conversion and learning how to use mach3.  This is my first foray into the world of CNC. And am loving it, if any one else is using the HF drop me a message as I would love to compare notes or even trade ideas.  I have alot to learn but plenty of time to get there.  I will be converting a mini lathe as my next project.
« Reply #1784 on: August 28, 2013, 05:36:50 AM »
Hi I am new to this. I have bought Mach 3 licence from BobCad when i bought their CAD CAM software a couple of years ago but did not have the time to play with it, now i do!! I had an earlier version of Mach 3 which worked ok just upgraded to R3.043.066 and having major probs. have the windows XP drivers and test programme changed? if so in which version.

I have posted a couple of days ago with the problem but had no response so far, would very much appreciate some help with this.
Thanks in advance
Tony
« Reply #1785 on: August 28, 2013, 05:38:26 AM »
Hi I am new to this. I have bought Mach 3 licence from BobCad when i bought their CAD CAM software a couple of years ago but did not have the time to play with it, now i do!! I had an earlier version of Mach 3 which worked ok just upgraded to R3.043.066 and having major probs. have the windows XP drivers and test programme changed? if so in which version.

I have posted a couple of days ago with the problem but had no response so far, would very much appreciate some help with this.
Thanks in advance
Tony

My previous post;
I have just updated MACH 3 to r3.043.066 and it seems to stop the system clock. running the test programme tells me the pulse id too slow. ive restored windows just in case now i cannot calibrate the motors they work but only in small single steps very slow no matter what settings i use to calibrate. the test program says the system is excellent now, anyone any ideas?
Thanks
« Reply #1786 on: August 28, 2013, 05:50:45 AM »

Thanks in advance
Tony

My previous post;
I have just updated MACH 3 to r3.043.066 and it seems to stop the system clock. running the test programme tells me the pulse id too slow. ive restored windows just in case now i cannot calibrate the motors they work but only in small single steps very slow no matter what settings i use to calibrate. the test program says the system is excellent now, anyone any ideas?
Thanks

I can sometimes get the motors to work just fine after a restart when I use the jog control, but if I load gcode the roadrunner test file it kind of pulse jogs in aprox 10mm movements.

If after a restart i run the test program the pc clock freezes and the test programmer says pulse too slow or sometimes pulse too fast. if I then run Mach3 in the diagnostics the pulse is 100 which even as a beginner I know is way out.
I have uninstalled Mach 3 and removed the driver through system utils then deleted the Mach 3 folder restarted and done a clean re-install with the system optimized but still get the same.
Thanks
Tony

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: August 28, 2013, 05:56:00 AM »
Hi Tony,

It would be best if you post your question as a new topic in the General section where it will get more attention and hopefully some suggestions towards resolving your problem (this area is just for introductions).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1788 on: August 28, 2013, 05:59:20 AM »
Hi Tony,

It would be best if you post your question as a new topic in the General section where it will get more attention and hopefully some suggestions towards resolving your problem (this area is just for introductions).

Tweakie.

Will do Thanks
« Reply #1789 on: August 28, 2013, 07:30:57 AM »
Morning and Hi all

my name is Bobby

I'm a new user with Mach, just installed my lic yesterday after trying out the demo mode for several weeks, nice piece of software..
I'm fairly new to cnc, I have converted a grizzly g0704 mill with ballscrews and a home built controller with drivers and motors from keling,,
it's nice to have the machine up and running,need to dial it in just a little more but i'm very close now..
my primary use will be for hobby,i want to do some rc copter parts at some point,that will all be new to me too...
live and learn right..
I'll be browsing for some projects to do in the meantime,help me get familiar with everything

thats about it,just a quick intro for me...I will be reading the forums,watching the videos and asking questions when I cant find the answer to something on my own.
I always try first... seems like there is plenty of support here and many good friendly people willing to help..

Oh yeah, for Tweakie
I really like your lithopanes, the grim reaper will be one of the first I do..

take care everybody and have a great day
BobbyR