Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:21:42 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516259 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1590 on: October 24, 2012, 03:52:25 PM »
welcome to the forum....
I was brand new just three weeks ago
Now I am just new

I didn't know nothing about cnc except for the work I have seen them do
I too went out on a limb to get one of my own and I am starting from scratch
we didn't have these things in high school

anyway this is a good place to get help
I would be in a real mess if it for this place

« Reply #1591 on: October 24, 2012, 04:06:37 PM »
sounds great. I can use all the help I can get at this point. I am still in the setup stage but almost complete. i need to figure out programming, which obviously is the hardest part for me ha ha ha
« Reply #1592 on: October 24, 2012, 04:07:41 PM »
so if there is anyone in denver colorado that would like a case of beer or two to help show me the ropes let me know!
« Reply #1593 on: October 28, 2012, 11:18:02 AM »
Hi,
I am a retired business person who found I had too much time on my hands. As I have always loved woodworking I found and purchased a small woodworking business that included a cnc router. As I have to be self taught, more or less, because of the person I bought from has passed away, I am hopeful that this site will be of use if needed.
Included with the business was my machine, preloaded with Mach3, toolpaths etc. My biggest fear is that someday my computer will crash and I'll be left with no mach3. I can easily purchase another version but I won't know how to get things up and running again, and hope there may be someone, or a service that can help.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: October 28, 2012, 11:37:24 AM »
Hi Ottervalley,

Welcome to the forum.

There are many here who would be pleased to help if you get into difficulties with Mach3 and it's settings.

In the meantime, if you make a safe copy of your 'Mach3Mill.xml' (or whatever profile you are using) and the 'Mach1Lic.dat' (both in the Mach3 folder) that should save almost all of your settings and license.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1595 on: October 28, 2012, 12:48:01 PM »
thank you tweakie!
« Reply #1596 on: October 28, 2012, 04:20:39 PM »
Hi just joined up looking for the answer to a problem as I guess may have  before me.

I have recently taken up restoring old shotguns. The cost of restocking is one of the things which writes off a lot of lovley old guns, the cost of new barrels being the other.

So I am thinking, is it possible to have a 3 axis machine copy the lock cut out of an old stock on to a new piece of wood.  Seems like I have to do a drawing of it ?  and buy a machine and software of course !!

Fabulous Forum it never ceases to amase me how little I know !!!

Hoges

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: October 29, 2012, 02:53:13 AM »
Hi Hoges,

Welcome to the forum.

If you post your question as a new topic in the General section I am sure you will receive some useful suggestions on how it can be done.
Personally I would produce a drawing and export it as a .dxf then create the GCode tool-path from that but there are other options.

Tweakie.

"Fabulous Forum it never ceases to amase me how little I know !!!" - You and me both  :)
PEACE
« Reply #1598 on: November 13, 2012, 09:35:43 PM »
Hi  Looking to use Mach in a machine which I'm building.  Only issue I see right now is I have to take an input from an encoder then program mach to count then at a predetermined count move one axis at a predetermined rate for a few seconds.  Anyone with an idea or example how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.
« Reply #1599 on: November 14, 2012, 06:14:09 AM »
 Hey There !
  I'm a long time "cnc machinist" on the big toys , now i'm trying to learn the ins and outs of a smaller home mill.
not real literate on a computer , so gonna need lots of help setting this up . be patient with me !!! lol
         Steve
Steve