Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:20:07 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516319 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1480 on: June 02, 2012, 04:07:47 AM »
   ;D
Hi Joe and Rockster welcome aboard , Joe what an achievement to get that far first try,stand up and take a bow.
John your achievement was also spectacular, Rockster has already set you straight about "STUPID QUESTIONS"
Thank you both for dropping by and introducing yourselves,all questions should be addressed through the General Mach Discussion area,accessible from this page, that's where the Guys with all the answers hang out,

Regards
   Dick   ;)         
« Reply #1481 on: June 02, 2012, 08:12:09 PM »
Hello All...My name is Phil, and I've just joined this forum today...trying to find all I can about Mach3 as I'm going to use it to run a CNC router I"m in the process of building...this machine is my own design using 8020 extrusions and as many off the shelf parts as I can...I taught manual machining and moved up to teaching CNC machining in a Community College here in North Carolina...I retired from full time teaching 5 years ago, but I still teach CNC classes part time...I am a hobbyist woodworker and general fixit kind of guy, and looking forward to completing my machine soon...I've been doing the design work on my CAD/CAM system and I'm at the point of cutting real parts so I can start the assembly....wish me luck!

Offline caddy

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 02, 2012, 08:33:37 PM »
Hi
Been hanging around since '09 but don't have a great deal of time to stop in and review what has been going on. New to CNC and have been struggling to master CAD/CAM and Mach 3. Not doing very well at any of them. I have made a few parts (enough to really get the "hook " solidly embedded)   Retired and busier than when I worked. Not uncommon I'm told!  I suffer from "old Brain" disease but am accepting it!
I live in toasty Arizona where in the summer, going to the shop is "a bit warm". I enjoy reading the posts even though I don't understand a good deal of it. This gang is really smart!
« Reply #1483 on: June 02, 2012, 09:06:51 PM »
  ;D
Hi Phil and Caddy welcome aboard it's great to hear from you both. Phil with your history you don't need luck you have the ability,but I will include you on my luck list if it makes you feel better, Keep us posted on your progress.
Caddy,like you I don't know how I found time to go to work,I am so much busier now,I retired seven years ago,and what I have noticed is that my friends that have kept themselves busy are living longer, never feel that you are to old to learn, ask for help and, with that hook solidly embedded now It will not be long and every thing will fall into place.
 old saying " you didn't stop playing because you got old ,you got old because you stopped playing"
  Regards to you both

Dick   ;)

« Reply #1484 on: June 03, 2012, 11:30:51 AM »
I'm new to this forum but well known at Practical Machinist, Home Machinist and Home Shop Machinist.

I have built from scratch 3 different 3-axis milling machines and did a CNC retrofit on a Bridgeport Series I, and most recent a retrofit
on a Denford/Orac lathe.

I retired from Ideal Industries in Sycamore Illinois after 30 years of employment and now have a machine shop in my garage.    Ideal Industries
has been my best customer but not my only shop customer.

My claim to fame is Tool & Die Maker.   In my mid-fourties I went back to the local Junior College to learn electronics.   I transitioned from Tool Maker to
Automation Technician.

I started using Mach3 a couple of years ago because I wanted to upgrade to windows software to run my CNC machines.   I had been and still use
TurboCNC.     I now run Mach3 and TurboCNC.    TurboCNC is still attractive to me because it runs on laptop computers.   WIN98,

I'm here now because I need to have my Denford CNC lathe cut threads.    I  mounted a stepper motor on the spindle to cut threads.   It works great but lacks the power to cut large threads in steel.

I'm here to learn and the help others.
Jim

« Reply #1485 on: June 03, 2012, 12:16:52 PM »
Hi
I just discover this forum and sign up for participate.
I'm a technician electronic living in Florida, working in industrial maintenance for long time, know I start with Mach3, so I'm very new. I need some help to start my journey on it. Please anyone read the description below and give some help to start this G code. I hope I can keep learning and doing all modification needed in future.
Sequence:
Apply glue over a circle line

Start

1- go to tool position
2- activate valve 1 to lock tool( stay locked till need change tool)
3- go to waiting position (stay till input signal come on line 4)
4- input signal to enable job start
5- go to circle start position
6- lower Z to position
7- start circle job
8- activate valve 2 to dispense glue
9- deactivate valve 2 at the circle end
10- go to waiting position on line 3

thanks all

Darli
« Reply #1486 on: June 03, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »
   ;D
Hi Darli welcome aboard,thanks for dropping by and introducing yourself this thread it is always great to hear from new members and hear what their aspiration are, C N C is very addictive and time consuming all it takes is determination,
 If you post your questions on the General Mach Discussion thread, accessible from this page I'm sure that the guys will have all the answers
Wish you well with your endeavours

Dick  ;)     
« Reply #1487 on: June 03, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
   ;D 
 Hi Jim welcome aboard I'm sure that you will be in your element with the guys in the General Mach Forum,that is the what this forum is all about,sharing knowledge and I'm very sure that you will be able add to that pool of knowledge

Regards

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1488 on: June 05, 2012, 06:18:28 AM »
Hi Everybody,

I'm new by this land.

I've heard about Mach3 and I'm trying to crate a small cnc using an old Galil

I hope that all works fine

Regards
« Reply #1489 on: June 05, 2012, 06:35:02 AM »
newbie all around , I am a knuckle dragger by craft (industrial Mechanic). I have done civil engineering and worked with the US Army Corp of engineers, precision millwright for 10 yrs and Machining off and on my whole life, There are 2 things that i struggle with, electricity and computers(and I build a cnc!). My son is an electrical engineer but has very little free time so this prodject has been mine alone so far. I really enjoy this site and hope that some of my issues can be helped here. Thanks for having me and will be picking brains soon enough.