Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:09:59 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4524941 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1460 on: May 13, 2012, 06:54:06 PM »
 ;D
Hi Pat M welcome aboard,that darn economy,my Grandfather instilled in me when I was a very small child what he called the dinosaur lesson  ???   and It has helped me threw some tough times .
 The dinosaur was the largest animal that walked the face of the planet, It did not adapt and it perished, if we want to continue we must adapt or we perish.

Quite a simple lesson but It left a big impression on a small child.

Thank you for your offer to assist the members in finding difficult to find bits and pieces if you post your offer in the General Mach Forum I'm sure that it will be of help to time poor members.

Regards
  Dick  ;)    

« Reply #1461 on: May 14, 2012, 09:29:25 AM »
Hello all,

My name is John Oslund and I work for a small sign and cabinet shop in Texas. I am the IT guy with the company and am currently trying to setup a small desktop CNC for making braille signs. I have no experience with machine tools so its all a bit confusing on the hardware side of it. This forum seems to have a wealth of knowledge and knowledgeable people so I am glad I found you guys! I am currently trying to calculate and configure the motor tuning in mach but is proving difficult as I am not sure what "correct" looks like. If anyone has any valuable info or help they could offer it would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

John Oslund
Allen Commercial Industries
PH. 817-267-4919
EMAIL: joslund@allen-commercial.com

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:37:53 AM by JohnOslund »
« Reply #1462 on: May 14, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »
   ;D
Hi John welcome aboard,thanks for taking the time to drop by and introducing yourself, sounds and interesting and worthwhile project,yes you are correct there is a wealth of knowledge within this group and I'm sure that you will receive a lot of assistance, this is purely the introduction thread, any question that you may have should be addressed through one of the other threads which can be accessed through the General Mach Discussion area, just brows the threads and select any site that seems closest to your needs.

Regards

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1463 on: May 17, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »
Yep! I'm a Newbie... New to the forum, New to CNC.  New owner of one of those Chinese TS-3040 with the very badly translated 'Chinglish' Manuals which has lines of text like, 'Don't Blindly run again after running'  :-\ (perhaps an Olympic Sprinter Methinks!)

I am a retired Teacher from Britain and I have toyed with the idea of owning a small CNC Router for most of my life. Now that I have one, I'm having a real Sh#Ty time trying to get it work!  :'(

My other interests are Sea Angling and Recreational Chemistry - converting Ale Wine and Spirits into Urine.

So, I am sure you find some very interesting, STUPID' type post from me .....
God created Ale to make us all happy ..... 8)
« Reply #1464 on: May 17, 2012, 06:23:21 PM »
  :)QUOTE OF THE DAY :)

"Recreational Chemistry - converting Ale, Wine and Spirits into Urine"

Thanks ..... I needed that !  8)

And .... WELCOME to the forum, glad to have ya.

Regards,
Russ
 :)
« Reply #1465 on: May 17, 2012, 06:26:03 PM »
   ;D
Hi Buggalugs welcome aboard , I can never understand when companies go to the expence and time to produce a product and then cut corners by not having an Interpreter proof read a manual, one of the most important  parts of their product, that could make or brake their sales, that's my soapbox for the day.
 Its great that you have finely got your toy,now all that you have to do is learn how use it,and you have came to the right place to learn how to do that.post any questions that you may have to the Genera Mach Forum,just brows the threads,
and  ask away I'm sure that you will be routing in no time, as I have said many times there are no stupid questions,nobody knew everything and we learnt by looking and asking. keep up with your chemistry hobbies

Regards

Dick  ;)   

Offline JRS

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 20, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »
New to Mach, new to CNC.  Have alot to learn!
« Reply #1467 on: May 20, 2012, 08:43:28 PM »
Hello. New to the forum... I have a few Omniturns and I finally bought a mill that needs converting. Need some major guidance and I plan on doing a full write up as I go along. That way if I screw up some1 can let me know. Never used mach but I like what I've seen so far.
« Reply #1468 on: May 21, 2012, 02:01:48 AM »
   ;D
Hi Labs and JRS welcome aboard ,thanks for dropping by and introducing yourselves,both of you have came to the right site,this only an introduction thread and any questions and I'm sure there will be many should be addressed through the General Mach Forum accessible from this page just brows the threads and and post your questions,you are on the right path K Labs in writing up a journal.

Regards

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1469 on: May 23, 2012, 03:08:53 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this group, over the years I've downloaded the mach software a couple of times pondering the idea of using it in a machine retrofit. A couple of years back we retrofitted a linde burn table with a product called Dynatorch, currently the opportunity has presented itself to retrofit an Esab Sabre 3000 plasma/oxy-table.  It currently sports a Esab Vision 1000 control that has gave more than its far share of problems over the years, basically all we really use it for is flame cutting but I would like to keep the plasma capability.   I was wondering if anyone had any experience retrofitting an Esab Vision control and if there was any documentation out there on the Esab axis drives and motors, if anyone had a Plasma/flamecutting screen, if Mach3 will backup through a profile and how well it restarts a cut.  We use establish our kerf offset with our coding software so basically there's no tool offsets that Mach has to deal with.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks Clarence.