Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:46:08 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511399 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1430 on: March 29, 2012, 06:09:34 PM »
Welcome Edmund and Arron,

Lots of good people here that can help I'm sure.  Your questions will be seen by more members if you post them in the general discussion board.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #1431 on: April 02, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »
Hi there! I am starting a new job teaching CNC, and the machine I will be teaching on runs Mach3. I look forward to working with CNC technology again, and to spending sometime on this forum.

A little background...

I went to architecture school that had two CNC machines, 3d printers, laser cutters a vacuum forming machine, in addition to the wood and metal shop. I now live in the Motor City,  I am an artist and builder, helping to rebuild this great city.

« Reply #1432 on: April 02, 2012, 10:10:36 AM »
Hi my name is Matt, I work for a small  company called Secrets of Sound based in North Devon in the UK, We design and manufacture loudspeaker systems for touring and installation.
We have been using Mach3 for about a year now with our Routermaster25 form Camtech and have found it prefect for our needs.
We mostly cut and rebate Birch Ply and MDF but have recently used the machine to mill some aluminium.

I have also recently restarted a childhood hobby in Radio Controlled cars, so having access to a CNC machine I'm sure will prove invaluable.

have a look at our Sound Systems at www.secretsofsound.co.uk

Matt
« Reply #1433 on: April 04, 2012, 06:26:48 AM »
   ;D
Hi Guys welcome aboard my Wife and I have been  away for a few days so I have not been around to welcome you all so this will be a joint welcoming,
This is a introduction site and all questions should be addressed to the General Mach Discussion site just brows the brows the various threads and find one that would be closest to your requirements,there is a vast amount of knowledge on all the sites and I know that they will be of help

regards
  Dick  ;)   
« Reply #1434 on: April 04, 2012, 12:20:40 PM »
Hello,
New to the CNC world but very familiar with the CAD world. We built a 3 axis CNC machine to cut foam with at our Foam manufacturing facility. Now I'm going through all the details in terms of generating G code and figuring that out.

Let the fun begin. ;D
« Reply #1435 on: April 04, 2012, 04:01:50 PM »
Hi everyone.

I've been using my Dad's cnc machine for a while now but only know the very basics. He is a Luthier and uses the cnc for inlays, engraving, etc. I really want to learn more, especially about lithophanes. If anyone could direct me to any good pages/links to help me learn it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Suggs
« Reply #1436 on: April 04, 2012, 04:22:16 PM »
   ;D
Hi Flying Dutchman and Suggs welcome aboard thanks for dropping by and introducing your selves to us seeking knowledge in itself is a very rewarding part of any new venture
This is primarily an introduction site and all questions should be addressed through the General Mach Discussion area
which is accessible from this thread I'm sure that you will receive answers your looking for

wish you well in your venture
 Regards
   Dick   ;)

« Reply #1437 on: April 11, 2012, 10:10:22 AM »
I am new to this form as well as using Mach and EZ Router.  I'm an operations manager in Pittsburgh and I'm in the process of getting educated about our EZ Router table.  We have used it in the past, but not in the best and most knowledgeable way.  I'm trying to learn as much as I can so I can have my guys trained correctly and use the machine to the best of our ability and the machines capability.  I have been with the company for 4 years and the machine has just sat and gets very little use.  I want to change that and start having the machine work for us.  I welcome all comments and assistance if there is anyone out there that like to continue this conversation.

Thanks

Frank
« Reply #1438 on: April 11, 2012, 04:01:40 PM »
   ;D
Hi Frank welcome aboard I can appreciate where your coming from,I hate to see functioning machinery laying idle, taking up valuable space and perhaps not utilising employees to their full potential,bad management, my philosophy was always to  multi skill employees, a win win situation better for company production and a higher morale for staff. ???
That's my soapbox for the day.
This is solely a introduction site and thank you for dropping by and introducing yourself
If you address your questions to the GENERAL MACH DISCUSSION area, accessible from this page, brows the threads and select one that sound closest to your needs
I wish you well in this project

Dick ;)                 
« Reply #1439 on: April 14, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
Hello all , my name is Dennis. I am attending a machine tool program in Indianapolis and i am learning Mastercam currently.  I have used a modern southwest industries Trak K2 at school and also took a course learning code.

I am SUPER EXITED ! i found a guy with a Bridgeport series 1 VS head with an old 3 axis southwestern industries control.  I was able to jog the axies and the spindle runs great ! BUT,  I called and found they offer zero support or parts.

Is this a canidate for a Mach conversion ? 

Please excuse my basic questions , I don't know anything about writing a post or what direction to take thanks !