Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:25:07 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511527 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1400 on: February 24, 2012, 06:53:37 PM »
hi everybody new to building cnc machines im a Kitchen and bathroom supplier and fitter  with a bad back so trying to get into a new line of work
designing and building foam cutting machines in the uk. i have been using a laser cutting machine for the last year cutting model aircraft.

many thanks to hood (one of your members) for his paitence lol

i hate being a newbie

lazy mark
« Reply #1401 on: February 24, 2012, 09:03:39 PM »
  ;D
Hi Mark.Welcome aboard,sorry to hear about your back,there is the old saying about the, ill wind that blows no good.I'm sure that if this is what you really want to do you will do it well, my Grandfather told me many years ago about the dinosaur theory and I was bought up on it and it has never let me down. ???
The dinosaur the largest animal that walked the planet it did not adapt and it perished,so you adapt and you will prosper

Best of luck in your new venture
  Dick  ;)
« Reply #1402 on: February 25, 2012, 09:46:00 AM »
Hi,

My name is Ashok and I have been learning CNC machines and control software for about two years and want to learn about Mach-3 so as to use this software to build my CN?C Punch Press which I bought and want to Retrofit with Mach-3. As I have learned little about Mach-3 and with help of you and others I want to success with this project.
« Reply #1403 on: February 25, 2012, 09:54:32 AM »
Hi,

I bought this CNC Punch Press TITAN which has used CNC Controller from Fagor which is faulty and I want to retrofit with Mach-3. There are two Servo Motors and Servo Drivers for X and Y are fitted there which I can control with the Mach-3 rest all I need help how to control the Punch and tool to change.I am sorry I  forgot to mention earlier there are ten tools to change with this machine. Can anyone help me how to write the commands for tool change and Punch to operate.

Thanks

« Reply #1404 on: February 25, 2012, 01:52:52 PM »
   ;D
Hi ATAPIAL welcome aboard ,thank you for dropping by and introducing your self, unfortunately this is only an introduction thread and all technical questions should be addressed to the GENERAL MACH DISCUSSION sites which are accessible from this page if you tick the browser box and pick a thread which seems the most  appropriate, I'm sure that all your questions will be answered sounds an interesting project.
   Regards
   Dick ;)     
« Reply #1405 on: February 25, 2012, 01:55:59 PM »
Hi Dick.

Many thanks.

Tapial
« Reply #1406 on: February 25, 2012, 02:30:22 PM »

;D

Your welcome

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1407 on: February 29, 2012, 07:48:32 AM »
Hello all my name is Jeff and I am very new to the CNC world. So new in fact my machine is not finished yet (needs eletronics installed). I am building one from "Build Your Own CNC Router". Actually the design is sound and functional. I am at the software stage of my adventure (lol). I have a cheap easy to use cad program called Delta CAD v.7. Is anyone familiar with it?  I have copies of Mach 3 of course along with Lazy Cam Beta. I also have Cam Bam. There are several free programs out there for this type of work. Most everyone uses Mach 3 as their machine controller so I'm assuming its use is a no brainer. My question is "What is the best combo of software to use for woodworking on a CNC machine. I want to do signs, wall plaques, object engraving, inlay work all either recessed or raised and of course parts cut out. I welcome any help with this topic either here or via email .
Thanks everyone.
Safe machining everyone
« Reply #1408 on: February 29, 2012, 06:26:04 PM »
   ;D
Hi Jeff welcome aboard, thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself, you have embarked on a life long journey, as I have wrote many times on this site, that CNC is very addictive,I can feel your excitement and your sense of achievement in your writing, well done
Unfortunately this is strictly an introduction thread,all technical questions and I' sure that there will be many,should be addressed to the GENERAL MACH DISCUSSION site accessible from this page just brows the threads an choose one that fits your needs,there is a lot of very helpful people in all these threads.
  Best of luck with your journey

Dick  ;)

« Reply #1409 on: March 06, 2012, 04:05:18 AM »
Hello to everyone,

my name is Wolfgang and I live in Munich, Germany. I am an electrical engineer by profession, but working in the ICT (Information and communication technology) domain for the last 20 years now. Machine working is my favorite hobby which I've started about 3 years ago. Just 4 months ago I bought my first CNC milling machine - which means I am at the very beginning of the CNC - learning curve. But excellent forums like this one help getting familiar with the matter.

The intention of my hobby work is to produce nice, small, useful gadgets, articles of daily use and tools.

My setup consists of
Optimum BF30 Vario  (yes, I am ONLY a hobbyist!!)
6-AXIS CNC Controller CSMIO/IP-S (which is a TCP/IP based controller --> controlling the machine over Ethernet! This is really fantastic)
Mach 3 running in a virtual environment  on a MacbookPro (without any issue so far)

I hope to find more people running a similar setup since this configuration seems to be pretty new and I haven't found to much information so far... :-\

Cheers
Wolfgang