Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:54:29 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516919 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1350 on: December 10, 2011, 03:51:16 PM »
   ;D
Hi J R welcome aboard, you will need a sense of humour if your using C N C, as the Gods like to play tricks on us all
Yes there is a lot of knowledgeable people in all the threads that I'm sure will be of help to you,
 I have learnt that everyone that joins our ranks brings something with them and even just by seeking information it will be of help to others

Regards

Dick  ;)      
« Reply #1351 on: December 10, 2011, 04:00:32 PM »
Thanks Dick.
Yeah sense of humor... gotcha!  Mind you I didnt laugh last week when something went BANG!!! Ha!! still havent found the issue, but im getting close.. Once  I sus it out, Im going to completely rebuild the control box. "make it my own" so to say. Looking forward to the challenge!
-unfortunately the machine being down is causing a bit of a twiddle with my business... so.. pitter patter.. gettin' at 'er!

Say Dick,
I just posetd a noob question in the main forum.. Might you be kind enough to have a read?

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,20288.0.html

Cheers!

JR.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 04:02:57 PM by JSRichards »
« Reply #1352 on: December 12, 2011, 03:00:44 PM »
Mike Handy a new bee here, Worked for Fadal for over 13 years as an electronic engineer. Conversation with David Decaussin influenced me to purchase Mach3. I hope to interface the servo drives to USB interface soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated in the specifics regarding the 'C' code interfacing to the plug ins.
Best Regards,
Mike Handy
« Reply #1353 on: December 12, 2011, 03:12:30 PM »
Mike Handy a new bee here, Worked for Fadal for over 13 years as an electronic engineer. Conversation with David Decaussin influenced me to purchase Mach3. I hope to interface the servo drives to USB interface soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated in the specifics regarding the 'C' code interfacing to the plug ins.
Best Regards,
Mike Handy
« Reply #1354 on: December 12, 2011, 08:36:41 PM »
   ;D
Hi Mike welcome aboard, any questions that you my have should be addressed to the General Forum where I'm sure you will get the answers

Regards
    Dick  ;)

Offline D-M

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 26, 2011, 11:06:41 PM »
Hi All
Some on here may know me from some other machining boards. I am finishing up a conversion on a Dyna mill and should be scratching my head by he end of the week wondering what I did wrong or right !!Thanks to every one for taking the time to help the newer people exploring this avenue of machining.
Dave
« Reply #1356 on: December 29, 2011, 11:01:09 PM »
Hi,
I'm new.  Working on my first mill.
Want to use my laptop rather than my desktop to control the mill. Already have a printer cable adn Gigeo 540 to control the mill.
Not sure if the USB from PLCM Series Devices will solve the problem? 
Can anyone tell me if that is the case and if true where to buy the PLCM Series Devices?
Drew
 ;D ;D
« Reply #1357 on: December 31, 2011, 02:30:55 AM »
 HELLO, My name is Phil. I am very new to cnc mills. My friend and I just recently acquired a 24"x60" 4 axis cnc router from China. It is new, but the only documentation we have is one data DVD that was shipped with it. Their English isn't very great so we have had a little trouble with the setup. We are using mach3 and lazy-cam and bob-cad/cam. we haven;t figured out the correct post-processor for bob-cad, so we do our best with bob-cad and save file as .dxf then open with lazy-cam and fine tune it, then load to mach3. All is going OK, but when we set the scale and/or depth, we have to put in exactly half the size in mm's to get the size cut we want. Overall, I really like mach3 and lazy-cam a lot.There is soooo much more that i need to learn.

I am a father of three beautiful girls, been faithfully married for 17 years, currently a full-time college student (electronics technology) lover of music,woodworking, electronics, and all guitars. Soon, I hope to marry them all together by building a CNC router mill from scratch and using it to build custom guitars and other musical instruments (as well as tons of other things) and just plain ol' having a great time with it. This is my first real experience with CNC. I have found that stepper motors are cool, but not very trustworthy. It seems that the x axis doesn't like me very much. I can honestly say that I do love working with CNC and I hope to learn more about it each day from now til.........
« Reply #1358 on: December 31, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »
I got started with CNC work 4 years ago after building Tom McQuires desktop cnc mill off of the instructables page. It was running on KCam.   Since then I have moved on to a Tormach machine that is running Mach 3.  I have to admit I fell in love with Mach 3 very fast.  Lately, I have had some younger kids ask me what the little desktop mill was.  I have it hooked back up, but I was wanting to run the stepper drivers using Mach 3 instead of K-Cam.  I am looking for information on how to do that.  I have researched posts on google, but so far I can't seem to make things work. 
     Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Will
« Reply #1359 on: January 01, 2012, 12:29:58 PM »
Hi all,
I'm sort of new to the forum and have been playing with Mach for about 2 months.
I' get hold of a Denford Easiturn 3 lathe last year and initially converted using a Conquerer M401  board and the proprietary EaziCNC software. It worked OK but I had a few ongoing issues with Threading and was finding the facilities on the card a little limiting.
Recently bought a C23 Dual Port B.O.B from CNC4PC and am now using this with Mach3.
The learning curve is a little steep but the lathe is now much more responsive and the combination of the BOB with Mach 3.
Having some fun with screw cutting and also with taper turning- much easier than manually!!

Have got one little issue though which I can't quite get my head around.

Having set up some turning - using the wizard, the feed rate seems to be 'variable'.....
I've been in and edited it  - but despite having a feedrate shown in the G-code at F0.03, the feed rate seems to be stuck at about 0.01 ish, until that is about half way through when the feed rate suddenly jumps up to the F0.03 rate!! There is no 'F' anywhere near this point but it seems to be at a consistent position in the programme.
Any ideas would be very welcome!

John
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 12:31:54 PM by diverjohn46 »