Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:36:07 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516376 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1340 on: December 06, 2011, 10:03:48 PM »
    ;D
Hi Bucko911 welcome aboard, C N C is very addictive and will occupy your thoughts for a long while to come,but will be quite rewarding, best hobby ever ,although women come a very close second,
Any questions that will arise should be addressed to the General Forum,where there is a lot of knowledge waiting to be tapped

Dick   ;)  
« Reply #1341 on: December 07, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
Hello -- My name is fred and I live in Johannesburg,South Africa
trying to learn gcode and mach3
would like to meet likeminded people in and around Johannesburg South Africa
think of the trees-- use both sides of the computer paper
« Reply #1342 on: December 08, 2011, 04:44:48 AM »
   ;D
Hi Fred welcome aboard, this site is purely a introduction site,any questions that you may have concerning Mach3 and G code should be addressed to the General Forum which can be accessed from this site, if you brows the General Mach Discussion area and select a thread, I'm sure that you will find what you are looking for

Dick  ;)  
« Reply #1343 on: December 08, 2011, 09:36:24 AM »
Hi all
I’m new here and from Qatar, interesting to learn the mach3 if any person in close to me and can help me regard learning mach3 please send me mail ( nshahbic@gmail.com )
Regards
« Reply #1344 on: December 08, 2011, 02:09:39 PM »
   ;D
Hi nshahbic welcome aboard
Unfortunately this Is purely an introduction site, you will notice that on this page there is a
site"General Mach Discussion" brows that site and pick out a thread that seems closest to your needs and introduce yourself I'm sure that you will get the answers,there may well be another member from Qatar but some one will help.
That is the big advantage of the Internet the world is smaller and your friends are closer.
  Regards

Dick  ;)

« Reply #1345 on: December 08, 2011, 02:58:26 PM »
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I'm Jay, Hope your all well,

I have recently purchased two machines, A Boxford 240TCL and a Bridgeport R2E3

I did an engineering apprenticeship when I was 16, Did Mechanical, Electrical, Fabrication etc. until I finally settled at being a Maintenance Sparky. Unfortunately due to redundancy's I never got to finish my apprenticeship. I moved on and left engineering all together. After starting my own catering business I am alot more comfortable and with alot of time on my hands I bought the two machines as a project.

It's been that long so I will probably be using this forum alot to get help to convert these machines to mach3, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have various plans once these machines are complete to build minature models and maybe a V12 Engine I saw recently on youtube

But thats some time away yet lol,

Well thought i'd say Hello and take it from there

kind regards

Jay
« Reply #1346 on: December 08, 2011, 11:44:40 PM »
   ;D
Hi Jay thanks for dropping in and introducing yourself welcome aboard
It is quite amazing how our lives and occupations change you have gone full circle, and now come back to engineering as a hobby.
Any questions that you may have should be addressed to a thread on the general forum,there is a lot of helpful people in the threads

Regards
      Dick    ;)
« Reply #1347 on: December 09, 2011, 01:36:18 PM »
Hey Mach People,

I'm a Mechanical Engineer in the Seattle area, i design pretty high end imaging instruments and high precision positioning mechanismis. Outside of work i like to mountain bike and build stuff so naturally i started designing my own carbon fiber bike frame. The idea is to use a foam core and wrap it with carbon and epoxy. I started with a hot wire foam cutter and some 2D prints but the accuracy and quality are just not good engough. I figued a router would be the best way to create the foam core.

So I started designing a 4 axis router with a high speed spindle. The star is the spindle. I'm suing a Brushless DC Servo motor belt driven to an R8 taper spindle. I'm expecting to run at 12k RPM (I never said Really high speed spindle). I'm using Mastercam X and Mach 3 with a smooth stepper, G540 and a Leadshine servo controller to make this happen.

-Kyle-
-Kyle-
« Reply #1348 on: December 09, 2011, 09:36:01 PM »
   ;D
Hi Kyle thanks for dropping by and introducing yourself welcome aboard,  sounds like you have some fun in front of you

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1349 on: December 10, 2011, 03:29:11 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm Jeff Richards. Ive been fiddling with Mach3 for a while now, but it is time to get serious. Ive joined the forum with the hopes of having some of the issues I am having addressed. Nothing serious, just typical noob stuff.
Anyway.. I live in the Great Northwest.. About to acquire a new Mill from Novakon in Markham Ont. It runs on Mach and I will have to configure it.
I enjoy RC heli's
motocross,
the great outdoors
technology and of course... Mach3

Hehe.. I also have a twisted sense of humor.... While considering a user name... I thought about "CNC man" but somehow.... um... not so much... Anyway.. I'm glad to be here. looking forward to meeting some of the more knowledgeable people here. And thanks in advance for ALL the help, direction, clarification and explanations I know will be provided. I will in return try to help those that I can!

Okay this noob is off to post something...!

Cheers All! JR.