Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:53:55 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516190 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1240 on: August 19, 2011, 05:49:14 AM »
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum.

If you post your question in the General section (new topic) it will receive more coverage and you should get help straight away.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #1241 on: August 19, 2011, 03:02:44 PM »
Hi, my name is Jay and I have purchased a used 2x3 (2x4) DIY router CNC. I am from Huntsville AL and have a woodshop and make some stain glass as well. I would like to get my machine up and running to make templates, carve out some wood and I am sure I will find all sorts of uses once it is working. I am new at this, I am good at working on computers but G code and understanding the complexities of Mach3 are or rather seem to be very indepth. Withou learning G code and what the four thousand buttons in Mach 3 do I just want to carve a happy face in wood and progress to some more complex items as I pick up mach3.

The purchase was a shot in the dark when I bought it and for the most part I think I have it mostly setup correctly. I have listenend to the guy on the Mach3 video tutorial several times but it is not helping me to get my unit up and running...I am sorry if I have not searched the site for issues but in fact I do not know what I need to ask to help myself.
I did get some setup numbers and the machine will come alive, it jogs however, it does not respond to my limit switches and I do not see a red box outlining my table size, that is just what I see, other things are wrong I'm sure of it, so I thought maybe if some of you smart people could make a short 8 to 10 (or 20) step list of obvious things to check I will start to diagnose my machine. I can do screen shots if necessary.
Since I am very green at this please don't think I am missing my ham off my sandwich, I know my problem is what I don't know and I hope to rectify that with someones help.
« Reply #1242 on: August 19, 2011, 06:10:50 PM »
Hi Guys  ;D
Welcome aboard  John and Ashleigh and any everybody that have taken the time to introduce themselves , sorry that I did not extend a welcome to you all,  its great to be back on air

Dick ;) 
« Reply #1243 on: August 22, 2011, 04:57:32 PM »

;D
Hi Jay welcome aboard we have all been in your position with what seems a monumental task there is an old saying the way to success is to bite off more than you can chew and then chew like crazy.I think Frank Sinatra was credited with that saying.If you address your questions to the general forum I'm sure that there is some one that will be able to answer your them,take one step at a time,

Dick  ;) 
« Reply #1244 on: August 24, 2011, 06:20:42 AM »
My name is Gus - I live in Hervey Bay Australia. I am converting a small mill to CNC. I have a problem - the software is running on Vista. I downloaded the patch and the system operates as far as the parallel port test. After that I just get a demo screen - can't get to the operation system at all. Any ideas?

Gus
« Reply #1245 on: August 24, 2011, 06:49:53 AM »
 ;D
Hi Gus welcome aboard thank you for introducing yourself,  I'm sure that if you address any questions that you may have to the general forum some one will be able to assist you

Dick  ;)

« Reply #1246 on: August 26, 2011, 03:46:56 AM »
Hi all,

My name is Adrian and I am brand new to this forum and CNC. I became interested in CNC some time ago and proceeded to build my own CNC machine. I Have now placed an pre-loved desktop computer next to the machine and installed mach3. Thant is as for as I got as I have some problems with the software. I may place a message in the support forum to see if anyone can help me out.

Adrian
« Reply #1247 on: August 26, 2011, 05:04:04 AM »
 ;D
Welcome aboard Adrain  thank you for introducing yourself it is always great to see new members joining the group I'm sure that the guy's in the general forum will be able to help it is a great hobby and they are all a great bunch of guys

Dick  ;)
« Reply #1248 on: August 28, 2011, 09:48:01 AM »
Hello all,

New guy here. Owner of a MAHO MH600P, with an Heidenhain TNC135 system with a missing programming panel.
Looking for info on how and what I need to modify it.

Regards
Christian  :)
« Reply #1249 on: August 28, 2011, 05:29:02 PM »
   ;D
Hi Christian welcome aboard if you will need to address your questions to the general forum as this is only an introduction site,I'm sure that the Guys there will be able to help. being a member of such a large group you can bet someone has been down that path and will be of great assistance have fun with your new toy.

Dick  ;)