Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:43:52 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516751 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1030 on: February 03, 2011, 12:01:59 PM »
Yes I am new to this.  The company I work for just got a Stinger CNC machine.  Lucky me I get to learn how to use it.  I have no problem with the design programs like Aspire or even the plasmacam program we use.  I could use a Mach3 for dummy's though.  The computer came with the Stinger and Mach3 was loaded.  I have went through the software installation and configuration tutorials and manual and it reads like a tec manual.  Is there any place that I can find an easier manual that makes sense to the average person?  We ran a test and I have no clue right now what went wrong but we went through the board we were using right into the table. 
« Reply #1031 on: February 07, 2011, 03:48:59 AM »
Hi to all,
My name is Isidro.  I am a self taught jeweler and I like to make things.  Probably like most of you, I want to make things using a CNC setup.  I put together an ancient CNC kit called a NEURACTOR CNC SYSTEM 300-700 many years ago.  I actually made some parts with it but now I have a different computer and would like to run it with MACH 3.  I am not sure what the problem is but it does not seem to get any signals from the printer port.  Any ideas?  Does anyone have one of these dinosaurs that actually runs with Mach 3?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
« Reply #1032 on: February 07, 2011, 01:53:41 PM »
Hi isidro

Please start a new thread where you will post picture and spec of your setup, will be much easier to help you.

Jeff
« Reply #1033 on: February 08, 2011, 11:34:42 AM »
Hi
My name is Ralph I live in the Winnipeg area of Manitoba Canada I have building a CNC router. I hope to use Mach 3. I am very new to all this and have many on going questions. I look forward to being part of this forum
Best wishes
Ralph
« Reply #1034 on: February 10, 2011, 07:50:47 PM »
Hi - my name is Howie. I have been cncing a little bit for 9-10 years, mostly hobby stuff  I am currently retrofitting a bridgeport mill to cnc.  I bought a cnc controller from Camtrolnics. Dan was kind enough to help me get set up with hardware ,software.  He of course recommend Mach3.  I am attempting to learn how to use it--with some difficulty.From what Ive seen its a great system.  I previously set up a mill/drill using Flash Cut software.  It to is a great program- but a setup for my bridgeport was far to spendy.  I am 77 years old still work part time as a machinist & consider my cnc equipment the best toy I ever had.  Enough for now I know I will enjoy this group. 

Howie-----Email lhowlong30@gmail.com

« Reply #1035 on: February 11, 2011, 04:00:41 PM »
 ::)Hi my name is "Richard" only called this when my wife or mother is annoyed most of the time I answer to Dick
I was a diesel engineer, lets just say a long time, I became interested in cnc about 12 months ago after seeing a cnc router in operation.and thought that the idea could be adapted to drive my wife's quilting frame ,which I also designed and built,I now have it thanks to the help of a friend which I meet through CNC zone. is up to the point of copying a pattern eight feet long,I am also a member of the quilting forum.This and other sites like it are a tremendous asset to the world as people of all races and religions can, and do, share
I live in Sydney Australia   

Offline gjp

•  9 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 14, 2011, 09:29:15 AM »
My name is Matt R.. I am currently working with a CNC Router. I will try to get on this site to share information about
how to continuously improve parts quality.
« Reply #1037 on: February 14, 2011, 04:36:06 PM »
Hello, My name is John and I am from McKean, PA up near Erie, PA.
I am working on getting my new 4 axis CNC mini mill up and running.  I hope to learn a lot on this forum like I have on other forums that I belong to.
« Reply #1038 on: February 15, 2011, 06:25:06 PM »
hi I am very new to cnc and mach, I took on the challenge of building a cnc router and am finding this forum very helpful. I spend my days pretending to be a carpenter so the skils required for this are a little foreign to me, the router part is easy, it is the computer that is the hard part. I took on this project to help me build stripper canoes and maybe try making clock parts, so far I got the motors to work but I think i have a long way to go.
« Reply #1039 on: February 15, 2011, 06:40:18 PM »
Hello everyone i'm steve
I live in florida in the us
i'm new to cnc, mach3, machining, and forums 
i'm a 37 year journeyman auto mechanic   53 years old
my interests have outgrown my shed including cabinet making woodworking welding gokarts boating ...
well I'm now into machining i have 3 small lathes 2 small mills my cnc equipment is a denford cnc micromill and microlathe
I could sure use some help with mach3turn  i have the mill working   I think   lol
steve