Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:39:14 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516404 times)

Offline SWATH

•  48 48
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #990 on: January 04, 2011, 05:43:38 PM »
Hello,
I'm new to CNC but am starting my own business and have a Mikini CNC mill on order.  I don't know a huge amount about Mach but that's why I'm here.
« Reply #991 on: January 07, 2011, 12:30:23 AM »
Hi,

My name is Sony from Indonesia.  I'm an agent for cnc routers and laser cutting machine.  As I'm new on this field, I might need to ask helps from you people.

I enjoy photography, driving and talking to peoples.  Hope to meet some guys with same hobby too :D

Sony
« Reply #992 on: January 07, 2011, 06:41:27 PM »
Hi!

I'm Don Gates and I am a flight test engineer and pilot.  I am new to CNC and Mach 3.  I am building a 3 axis router from a kit from cncrouterparts.com and finelineautomation.com.  I have the stepper motor controller box built and running, and I cam make the motors move... progress!  I have built a sturdy MDF table to hold the machine.  Generally things are progressing pretty well, I hope to have a machine up and running very soon!

Offline MDub

•  26 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 07, 2011, 08:41:24 PM »
Hello,

I'm newly retired and recently purchased a Sherline CNC Lathe and Mill as a new hobby. I've been an IT executive for 30 years and am very comfortable with computers and software so in addition to the Sherline equipment I picked up Alibre Expert and Visual CAM. On my own I've made good progress with the CAD/CAM applications but for some reason I'm having a tough time getting out of the starting gate with Mach 3, stating with Turn. Mach 3 was set up by the vendor so it seems to be doing all it should in controlling the lathe, it's just me trying to get my head around setting up the tools and running the wizards. I'll be going through the forum to see what I can get from prior posts but I figure I'll probably want to ask for some phone support at some point to get me over the hump.

Michael
« Reply #994 on: January 10, 2011, 08:03:56 AM »
Hi, I've just joined
I've been making and racing car and boat models most of my life with limited tooling, manual lathe and a small manual milling machine.
As I approach retirement the thought occurred to use my many years of knowledge to produce after market parts or indeed to protoype new models so I recently puchased a 5 year old, brand new, never used cnc converted X3 mill. It was supplied with some version of Mach described as Simsoft. I believe the machine was built by Simply CNC and being completely new to automtaed machining I thought it might be a good idea to join a group of people who could help and advise me when things go wrong!!! Which they already have and I've upgraded to the latest version of Mach3 to see if this solves any of the problems I have been having. So far so good.
I am writing code via Featurecam anyone else with this setup??

So hello everybody.

Rustymiller!!
« Reply #995 on: January 11, 2011, 11:00:06 AM »
Hi All,
Been a Mach3 user since I converted our plasma table over a few years ago. Been researching doing a conversion for our Bridgeport and Clausing mills to try and get a common interface to work with. Our BP Series II Interact II just went down so it looks like the conversion might be fast tracked.
H
« Reply #996 on: January 12, 2011, 12:14:28 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is Chris. I have been a machinist for 30 years, been on Haas VF3's for about 10yrs.
I bought a MAX NC 10 about 7 years ago and have not used it yet. I tried to hook it straight up to my
Dell via the 25 pin port , it will make little chirps and hums. I have MACH II.
Then I did a little research and found I need a driver and perhaps breakout boards?
At work I can program G-codes and make anything I have attempted to so far.
I know nothing about electronics or wiring or pin assignment.  I think I bought some MACH III software years
Back before Hurricane Katrina ,but all I got now is Mach II demo good for 500 lines.
I lost my computer and all my software disc in the storm in New Orleans.
I now live in South Mississippi. I am waiting on a Gecko drive to arrive any day now.
If anyone can be a help with what else I need , it would be much appreciated.

My Hobbies are in no certain order.

Motorcycles (2009 CBR 600 RR) Honda
Triumph Bonneville 1969
1981 Gold Wing. 1100cc. Honda
Yamaha 650 V Star
Honda Elite Scooter
KZ 1300. 6 cylinder.  Kawasaki

Astronomy
Boating
Hunting and Shooting
Archery
FISHING !!!!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 12:17:29 AM by Speedtwin69 »
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Perfomance
« Reply #997 on: January 12, 2011, 12:38:17 AM »
Hi

I am Chirp Shannahan. I am brand new to Mach3. I have a machine that has 3 Parker Eurotherm 635 digital servo drives and I need a controller to go between the PC and the drives? If I need a controller what does Mach3 work well with? and where do I get one?

Chirp Shannahan
nshannahan@gmail.com
410 200 5006
« Reply #998 on: January 13, 2011, 01:54:40 AM »
I'm Brad Barron.  Been a plumber for 29 yrs and a hobby machinist for 3.  Just purchased and took delivery of a LMS 3503 (Sieg KX3). Other hobbies include skiing, flying, mountain biking and other outdoor stuff.  You'll be hearing more from me as my mill is having some spindle problems at the moment.

Cheers!
« Reply #999 on: January 13, 2011, 06:33:23 PM »
YOOHOOO!!!  Ralf here from holland!

Just finished my CnC mill.. whit a roller pinion system..made myself...

cnc runs greaatttt!! look at my video on youtube..and leave some reactions.

Here the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNCns_Y_c_k

Thanks for watching

Greetings,
Ralf
Ralf Klaassen Timmerwerken
www.ralfklaassentimmerwerken.nl