Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:04:56 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4515954 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #950 on: November 07, 2010, 07:33:46 AM »
Hi,

my name is Doug and i live in central NY.  I'm in the process in converting a G0704 to cnc.  i have machining experience mostly in the automotive field but also some in manual milling and lathe work.  I'm new to cnc and excited about learning it and converting my mill.
« Reply #951 on: November 09, 2010, 02:20:39 PM »
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.
new member with a used EZ-ROUTER, 4x4 apc table looking for help getting it going. from Portland Or.
So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

« Reply #952 on: November 09, 2010, 10:54:18 PM »
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.
new member with a used EZ-ROUTER, 4x4 apc table looking for help getting it going. from Portland Or.
So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

soon to be 56 yr. old, commercial electrictian, hot rod, harley enthusiast, with a new toy/early retirement tool to play with.

Offline Uwe

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 11, 2010, 08:06:21 AM »
Hi there,

i am Uwe. Industrial engineer, but working as IT consultant. Within the few available hours i have, I try to build up a small WaBeCo Milling machine to CNC. Right now i will build up the hardware.  :)

Uwe

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

« Reply #954 on: November 11, 2010, 09:16:50 AM »
Hi,

I am a hobby machinist and have been for over 40 years.  I am now retired from a career as an economist doing program analysis and modeling, and information technology management.  I combined computers and machining in the past, having revised and updated the methodology of compound indexing for Machinery's Handbook and the Home Shop Machinist in the mid-1990's.  I am now developing a CNC center in my shop to expand the capabilities of the traditional mechanical processes I have been using.  I look forward to exchanging ideas with others similarly engaged. 

Rich Kuzmack
« Reply #955 on: November 13, 2010, 11:21:09 PM »
Hi, I'm Mike. Just in the process of building my first CNC machine. Got the table and gantry almost complete, and just assembling the driver board and  steppers from the Pro Chopper Board package that I bought from HobbyCNC. It's a 3-axis leadscrew machine with 2 steppers on the X axis. Bought the Mach3 manual and am reading through that, but will have several questions for you, and will greatly appreciate any help and advice I can get. This machine will be used mainly for sign carving at first,  I'm a newbie at this so thanks alot in advance.

Mike Kearns
Mike Kearns
noveltysigncarver.com
« Reply #956 on: November 15, 2010, 11:38:52 PM »
Hi my name is Pete and I just bought a 2009 Easy Router 4x4 APC with Mach 3, looking for help getting it setup.  Any advice/tips would be MUCH appreciated!  Still trying to figure all this forum stuff out. 
« Reply #957 on: November 16, 2010, 11:09:09 PM »
Hi
My name is Don and I am entirely new to cnc. I am currently building a cnc router and have a lot to learn about the build not to mention I know next to nothing about the software.  I appreciate all the info contained in the forum as I know I will need lots of help.
« Reply #958 on: November 17, 2010, 09:26:36 PM »
Hi,
My name is James I have an old Komatsu plasma table running off of servo's, with an old antiquated software that does not work any more and has no support.
My question is how do i get mach3 to work with this app. I have asked around and nobody seems to know.
help......

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 18, 2010, 02:31:42 AM »
Hi James,

Welcome to the forum.

You need to post your question under the General Discussion topic and perhaps be a little more specific about your machine to get the best forum response.
(I would be inclined to replace all the electronics with Gecko drivers, keeping your existing servo's - just a thought).

Tweakie.
PEACE