Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:13:39 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516578 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #920 on: October 09, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »
Hi,
My name is Jon, I have been using Mach 3 for about 4 years. I have a CMC Taig mill that I bought on eBay. I mostly use it for wooden fltue making and retoring antique flutes. I finely broke down and got a decent contoller, getting a Gecko g540, the controller is put together by Deep Groove. Wow, what an improvment form the junk I was was using before, I had to keep replacing the chip on the old driver... Now I can use my A axis rotary talble.
Jon
« Reply #921 on: October 09, 2010, 07:55:06 PM »
Hi,
My name is Mike and I live in Ocala FL. I have been wanting to build a CNC router for a couple of years now. My son decided to build one as his senoir project in High School, So now I can justify spending the money! I am a newbie when it comes to lazycam and Mach 3 so I am excitied to find this forum.
« Reply #922 on: October 11, 2010, 05:08:11 AM »
Hi Guys

Newbie Here, and making my first post.
  Im in Adelaide Australia, and have recently decided to CNC my lathe, and Have chosen Mach3 and Lazycam as the way to go. Not doing this for a living, just hobby. May end up purchasing and converting a small mill in the future depending on how this goes..

Derek
« Reply #923 on: October 11, 2010, 01:21:20 PM »
Hi, My name is Alex and I just started using Mach on my latest project. I have been messing around with mechanical stuff since high school, but I am a designer by trade. I have worked in the Automotive sector since 1985 doing plastics,rubber, and die cast design and product development.

I did some NC work in 1989-92 on a Hitachi machining center... most of the paths I created were to cut electrodes for EDM use, but I also did a lot of engraving paths for plastic injection mold cavities. I can't remember the design software I used, but I do remember the computers were Sun Unix boxes and we used different machining software from the design software, which was all surface driven (pre solids) I used a post processor and a lot of editing was done in VI.

Currently I am working at a small mechanical fabrication company that takes on all kinds of different projects.

The machine I have Mach3 loaded to is a automated stapling machine... it has a fixed staple head (from another machine) using a custom built and designed table (my work) Since I am the "guy" with some NC knowledge (20 years past) I got asked to load the software and get this machine running correctly.

I design in either Catia V5 or SolidWorks, but my Catia has NC path capability were my SolidWorks does not. The paths I create are in a generic ATP format so I edit the positions into proper G code with a freeware editor.

Hopefully I will get some answers to my questions on this forum and maybe I can share some of my knowledge at the same time.

Cheers, Alex.
« Reply #924 on: October 19, 2010, 08:45:04 PM »
I'm Jesse!

I hope to get my feet on the ground running!  Thanks for all inputs here.  I'm just amazed.

I currently work with lasers in medical manufacturing.  I also have an Industrial Technology- Manufacturing Degree. 

I just can't wait to start machining in my garage for my projects relating to laser automation.  I hope to find out the plans of building CNC machines.

Cutting-edge!! Thank you all!! I'm so happy to have made it to here!!
« Reply #925 on: October 20, 2010, 02:51:22 PM »
Hello everyone my name is Joe Baker and I an a custom cue builder in Ohio.. I have built a couple of cnc machines for doing my inlays in pool cues. I enjoy playing pool being with family and friends and just having a good time in general.. I came about being a member here so I could get some help with a goofy problem that I am having with mach3 and hopfully I will be able to help someone on here as well..
« Reply #926 on: October 21, 2010, 11:00:12 AM »
Hello to you all, My name is Rick i live in southern England, ive decided to follow up this interest ive had for several years, I picked up a Boxford 260vmc, did the electronic conversion and now im here to learn the software side of the control system, im new to it all, im not stupid but i do make stupid mistakes, and im hoping that the wealth of knowlege on this forum and others will steer me in the direction of greater understanding of the hobby and its systems.

Rick
« Reply #927 on: October 21, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
Hello to everyone!

My name is Trevor Bryant, I go by the handle Powerman. Recently I have purchased a Zenbot 1216 CNC machine. It is controlled through a mini tower computer running XP Pro and using Mach3 as the controller software. I'm still picking up cutting tools and engraving bits before I continue my learning process with CNC. Yes, I'm somewhat 'green' when to this - at least the hands-on part anyway  ;D

I design my own micro controller circuits, and write my own code using Visual BASIC, C, C++, and Assembler (intel).

What I'm aiming to do is use my CNC to cut custom circuit boards and plastics for product development prototypes for my projects. I am very good with a soldering iron but decided to purchase a hot air reworking station to populate my circuit boards. That's been a great learning experience using the hot air station so far!  :P

Other than this ... I love riding Harleys but am into motorcycles in general. I also enjoy barbecuing, camping, fishing, camp fires ... all good things for family entertainment! I live in Northern Ontario, Canada where there is lots of opportunity for all of these things.

I'm here to learn as much as I can about running my system and maybe offer suggestions as I am able as well! Until next time, Cheers!

« Reply #928 on: October 21, 2010, 04:09:32 PM »
Hi,
Just finished building my MechMate. My name is Steve and I reside in Arizona. Using MACH3 to control the beast. 49"x97" cutting table with router. Need to learn all I can about CNC controls and G-Code.
« Reply #929 on: October 21, 2010, 05:46:09 PM »
Ian - make furniture - just purchase an Exel CNC router which came with Mach 3 - so much to learn - so very very much to learn :)