Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:34:28 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4524727 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #900 on: September 03, 2010, 07:56:39 PM »
Where is information on customizing Mach3.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,195 9,195
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: September 04, 2010, 01:19:50 AM »
cncbailey,

You need to post your question under the General Mach Discussion section to get a response to this question.
It may also help if you were more specific regarding the type of customization Screen, User input etc etc.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #902 on: September 04, 2010, 03:50:16 PM »
Hi all,
I am new to the DIY CNC Milling and wish to browse all the files to find out what I need to buy and do, I have an old Denford Triac that I will modify when I have all the information I need. When I become an expert then I may be able to help others !!!
Peter :)
« Reply #903 on: September 11, 2010, 02:00:19 PM »
Hi My name is Jeff. I am very new to the whole CNC thing I have dabbled in autocad alongtime ago so I am using that to generate the DXF I am using. I am using Mach3 with a CNC machine setup I got from Shawn over at bluumaxcnc.com I nice place to start. I am getting into CNC because I fly Remote Control Airplanes with a focus on the WWII ere planes the P-51 is my favorite but like several others and I love to build them as well. When flying you inevitably make a very hard landing which some may actually call a crash and I want to repair them as well. So being able to create an specific part again with a CNC machine make things a lot easier I also have many plans and will need to cut my own parts. So many of my activities will be in the 2D world I do have one special project I am keeping a close lid on, ??? most which is also 2D but will need to do some 2 side 2D as well.

My main material will be plywood 1/4 or less balsa 1/2 or less and cast acrylic in thicknesses ranging from 1/8 to 1/2 think. I have some question but will post those where appropriate. Glad to be aboard and looking forward to the using my CNC machine a lot.
« Reply #904 on: September 11, 2010, 05:31:35 PM »
Hello
I am new to Mach 3. I bought an Enshu CNC Mill and had it retrofitted with new motors and a control. Steve Balder of SB Precision did a great job with the Mill retrofit; He uses Mach 3 to control the mill.
 I work for a Delcam reseller I am working on developing a post for my new mill to use with PowerMill, Mach 3 looks great on the controller.
Looking forwards to having some fun.
Brent
« Reply #905 on: September 11, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »
Hi all, my name is Peter my screen name is ex apprentice, its so many years ago that I was one!! trained as a toolmaker for my sins. I left engineering some twenty years ago (or more) then spent time in the plastics industry. My employer gave me the oppertunity to re avaluate my life and I decided to go back into engineering for myself. I have a small jobbing shop and I love what I do. I am in the process of building a plasma table to make a range of my own products. I know this project will stimulate the old grey cells but I thought it would be wise to join this forum as I am sure that its not all going to be easy as I think it should (when I first had that brain wave) But as I said its going to jump start the grey cells back to life and I am really looking forward to the challenges ahead

I will probably be the one asking the dumb questions

To all the people out there who have wrote replies and given guidanceto all the questions and helped people like me thank you

ex apprentice
« Reply #906 on: September 17, 2010, 05:48:28 AM »
Hi all,

My name is Larry Lamb, AKA LarryL. I am a bit of a noob, I am a government employee of the US Army, and I am a bit of a dabbler in all things mechanical and electronic, especially computer related.  I have nearly 15 years experience in computer building, maintenance, repairing, and network admin as well as electronics.  My main interest is in the computerization of my wife's quilting machine.  I have designed and built a cnc operated, computer controlled quilting machine.  My wife has turned out about a dozen quilts using the CNC Quilter, as I call it, and she is absolutely facinated by the ability of the system.  I have to give credit where credit is due, without the folks at Mach3, the CNCZone, and Rockcliff machine Co., as well Graham Waterworth here at the Artsoft forum, I would not be nearly as successful as I have been at this.  I am totally dedicated now to the programming of the Mach3 screen that I have developed for the system, and the development of an add on system that will automatically roll the take up roller to give more sewing/quilting space, up to about 16 inches instead of the 9 inches of the throat of the sewing machine.

Larry
« Reply #907 on: September 19, 2010, 02:30:45 AM »
Hello,
I am Captain Midnight. I am a gunsmith and also build flat track race bike frames. I wanted to learn CNC machining to compliment my shop. The fastest way was to buy a machine and do it. I have a 1986 Milltronics Pardner 4. Nice machine, but not PC controlled. To update it, I tore out the old Centurion 4 controller, and replaced it with an Ajax/Mach3. Still don't have it working right, but I'm close. I'm hoping this forum can help me get things going. I am selling my gunshop and want to do fabrication work. Thank you everyone.
« Reply #908 on: September 26, 2010, 08:41:58 AM »
hello to all comutnity members and great wishes my name is Samuel and i am here to learn from you pro guys i need the start push to understand how its work aand i understand its the place thanks for you helps
« Reply #909 on: September 26, 2010, 08:19:41 PM »
New to MACH3
I just installed a Mach3 system on a Enshu Japanese Mill circa 1980. 
I am in the process of building a CNC Lathe using Mach3
So I am more familiar with building Mach3 systems than making parts.

Now then ---are there any tutorials showing how to make parts that is applying the Mach3 CNC--- to doing work building parts?