Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:38:36 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516506 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #890 on: August 20, 2010, 02:45:06 PM »
My name is Larry aka spanky46!  I'm 65 years old and have been a woodworker most of those years.  Thinking about retirement and wanted a different challenge.  I bought a CNC Kit a couple months ago and its finished as far as all the mechanics and electrical!  Now is the hard part for me, MACH 3!!!
From time to time I hope to call on you guys for help!  All of my axes work but I'm having other issues!  Limits and homing.  I need a simple procedure for setting my home switches X and Y.  I learn more everyday and for me its a big learning curve!  Thanks Larry

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 21, 2010, 05:13:09 AM »
Hi Larry,

Welcome to the forum.
Lots of Guys here only too pleased to help you with any Mach related (or other) problems you may encounter. Post any questions you may have under the 'General Mach Discussion' section. Good fortune with your new machine.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #892 on: August 21, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
Good day to you all,
My name is Thomass, live in the Netherlands and totally new to CNC.
I'm 56 years of age, and unemployed, due to a major accident, at this time.
Being house bound, i can spend more time to my hobby (digital model rail-road and related electronics) , and learning new skills, like CNC.
so i kan replace my chemicals for cutters  ::)
Mach3 came to my attention, by surfing the internet. downloaded and installed the software, without having a machine at the time.
i do now have a home-brew mill, and lots of time to get acquainted with the software. 

even if $175 is a lot to me, i do want to buy a licence because i have noticed that 500 lines of GCode are spend fast.

I hope whenever i got stuck, i can depend on this forum.

Thomass
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:30:17 PM by Thomss »
« Reply #893 on: August 22, 2010, 03:41:57 AM »
Hi all,

My name is Per Eklund, I'm 50 years old and I live in Sweden. I work as a software developer.
CNC and Mach3 is new to me. My first mill will arrive in a week or so. It's an Opti BF20L that I shall convert with a DC Servo system.
Funny enough I'm also a model railroader and I like to develop electronics as well, just as the previous poster Thomss :-) It shouldn't be that common on this forum I guess.

I have played around a bit with Mach3 and starting to learn how to use Macros, Brain and to modify screens. This is as always a step to take, but there are a lot of information on the forum that is to a great help. Hopefully I can contibute in the future when I have learnd more.

--Per

« Reply #894 on: August 24, 2010, 11:56:10 AM »
Hi guys. My name is Steve, and I'm another CNC virgin. Just in the process of getting a Heiz machine, and am glad to see there are already posts regarding support for these. Stand-by for questions!!!!
« Reply #895 on: August 29, 2010, 10:15:42 AM »
Hi all, just joined the forum and hoping to get mach up and running soon.
« Reply #896 on: August 29, 2010, 01:17:44 PM »
Hi all,

My name is Jorge (50 years old). I live in Medellin, Colombia, South America. I own a CNC machine shop and have been in busines for the last 15 years. I am a mechanical engineer and my background is mechanical.  Recently I aquired an 1986 EMCO 340 lathe with a Siemens Sinnumerik control. The lathe belonged to a university and has few machining hours. I got tired of having problems with this control and no replacement parts nor expert technicians, so I decided to take the plunge. My challange is to install a Mach 3 control to that lathe and have it perform as an industrial machine. I purchased a lathe control system from Machmotion plus a D06 PLC as the lathe comes with hidraulic unit, hydraulic tailstock, parts catcher, turret, etc. Up to this point I had no experience with this matter, and it is a personal challange to get this lathe to be productive and safe. So far I have all the components (control, plc, servo drives, vfd, spindle motor, etc.) setup on a bench so a complete simulation of the system be done by my operators before installing it on the lathe. I am almost finished with simulation as everything seems to be working fine.

This process has been rewarding. I must say that the writers and contributors to Mach 3 have made a very important contibution and I hope the development of the program continues despite limited resources. I should also mention I have obtained a lot of useful information from this forum. Particularly Hood (from this forum), and Andrew from Machmotion have assisted me every time I have had to obtain help.

Jorge
« Reply #897 on: August 30, 2010, 09:26:45 AM »
Hey,
Mike Pryne
Blanchester ohio
small business owner fabrication/ welding
about to install mach3 on a existing cnc and if i like it i will do three more..

Hi
« Reply #898 on: September 01, 2010, 02:01:48 PM »
My name is George and I am looking into Mach3/LazyCAM for my DIY plasma cutter -- plasma for the moment :) .

I'll more than likely be using a Gecko G540 to drive up to four motors since I doubt I'll go past that. I'll be starting with two and then as I get comfortable with it maybe go to three or four for more complex stuff. I just hope that Mach3 in conjunction with LazyCAM is easy enough for someone who is not so proficient at CAD type stuff. I'm not looking into anything complex to start, making a circle would make me ecstatic!

George

« Reply #899 on: September 03, 2010, 03:15:08 AM »
hello everyone,
my name is Henry and I have a plasma cutter that I use as a hobby to create graphics.  I live in South Africa.  I am hoping to learn from this forum.