Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:34:41 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516905 times)

Hi,I'm JimiG and I need some help w/my new Mach3 setup
« Reply #870 on: July 31, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »
Im using Mach3 ver R3.042.040 w/ win7 32 bit. I'm writing G code w Rhinocam pro on another computer and transfering files to the Cam computer by flash drive to the C:. The .tap files from CNC samples in Mach do fine, but the .nc files I bring in from Rhino cam all want to run like they are in inches not mm's. G code is correct and native units is ok, set to mm's. I don't think my post is wrong but I don't know about the .xml. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks JimiG
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #871 on: July 31, 2010, 03:49:07 PM »
  ::)Just me again JimiG ,I forgot to say I was using a PCI card parallel port at lpt3 and the port1 in Mach set to that range. Thanks JimiG

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 01, 2010, 01:56:13 AM »
Hi JimiG,

Welcome to the forum.

Not many check this thread so it would be better for you to post your question under the General Mach Discussion section where I am sure you will get a swift response.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #873 on: August 01, 2010, 10:15:45 AM »
Thanks a bunch, jg
« Reply #874 on: August 03, 2010, 02:24:27 AM »
Aloha, my name is Roger and I live in Hawaii.  I am in the process of building a CNC router 100mm x 1000mm x 1400mm, and getting all of my parts from EBay and using Mach3 as my software.  It will be a standard CNC router setup with the exception that I will have the X axis cantilever about 6 inches off the end so that I can do some end routing of wood.  I've been reading some of the posts and have gotten some good information.  See you later 
New Guy from PlasmaCAM
« Reply #875 on: August 06, 2010, 10:58:04 AM »
Hello everyone I’m an FNG to Artsoft- my name is Joe. I work at PlasmaCAM and a proud owner of a PlasmaCAM for the past 3 years.  If anyone has any questions about the PlasmaCAM don’t hesitate in contacting me. 

I run my machine with a Hypertherm 1000 about 20 hours a week I cut everything from the art-see fart-see stuff to mechanical parts.
Semper Fi

Joe
www.plasmacam.com
« Reply #876 on: August 06, 2010, 05:51:21 PM »
Hi there. I'm Jean-Louis ARNAL, from Burie, France, an eastern Charente-Maritime tiny city counting only 2000 townfolks.
My main hobby is entertainment robotics, from the PCB engraving & µController/CPU programming, to all the metal casting needed to create sturdy, rugged and nice cosmetics casings for all the little devices my sorry brain can hatch.

Recently, I've been looking to the work of a acquaintance of mine, who's introducing me to professional CNC. Machine tools could really make my days, as I'm tired of filing, grinding and pocketing metal by hand. I known the Ads says one can do wonders with a Proxxon or a Dewalt power tool, but I'm not this proficient with my tobacco-defiled smoker's fingers.

So here I am, hacking an old Iwatsu 2.5D pen plotter, rigging it to a 3 DOF stepper controller card bought on eBay, trying (and succeeding) to drive it with an old Pentium 4 server running Mach3 demo.

« Reply #877 on: August 10, 2010, 12:09:09 AM »
Hi folks, I'm new here. Am considering CNCing my mill with mach3.
Wondering if anyone has managed to use it with the newall spherosyn linear encoders I have on the machine?

Cheers
Kiwigeoff
« Reply #878 on: August 12, 2010, 11:08:13 AM »
Hi guys,

my name is Phil, I'm a Mach3 user for about 2 years now. It controls my CNC gantry style router.

In the moment I try to improve safety on my machine, for example by installing a charge pump circuit. I made a pcb of the charge pump circuit by M. Freimanis from the Mach download area, but it does not work properly. I would appreciate any help in the following topic:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,15634.0.html

Take car
Phil
« Reply #879 on: August 15, 2010, 03:52:49 AM »
Hi All

I'm Tony and a total newbie to CnC. My friend Paul and I are building 2 x Mechmate CnC routers with a table size of 2440 x 1220mm. Our machine builds are complete as far as metal fabrication is concerned and are now in the final stages of painting.
We have all the electrical and electronic componentry to complete both builds and thought it time to purchase our Mach3 control software. I have been doing a lot of reading over the last 12 months of our build and thought it was about time I joined these forums, so here I am.

Cheers
Tony