Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:11:34 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4515960 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #860 on: July 15, 2010, 12:26:36 PM »
Hi, I am new to this. I purchased a Taig CNC mill and BobCad V23 about 6 months ago.
I make fishing lures for a living out of lead, for about 25 years, with a spincast machine, vulcanized rubber silicone molds. I needed a way to make models to make my spincast molds. I draw a 3d fishing lure, cut a mold out of aluminum, pour lead models from the alum. mold and use those as models to make the production spin cast mold. I also make custom hand pour molds for fishing lures.

I'm in Warsaw, MO

I have heard about a camera to find my edges. This guy said someone on this forum was selling them. I have done some searching but have not had much luck. Hope someone can direct me to a link.
Is this acurate to find the edge? I am having trouble with my machine reseting the mach software. I keep it oiled, it dosn't seem to be binding, but must be. When it does that, then I have to changed the tool, change the belt to slow down the rpm to use the edge finder. Would this camera be better or just as good?

thanks,

David
« Reply #861 on: July 15, 2010, 12:43:49 PM »
Hi all.  I'm Bob.  I discovered this forum last night as I was searching for info on diy cnc mills.  I've been a hobbyist woodworker for a few decades now and I have always wanted to acquire a cnc machine but they were always so costly for my hobby needs.  My interest was re-kindled here lately as I made some cabinets and a bar for my next door neighbor's dock.  I inlaid some fish in the cabinet doors that came out pretty nice but when I looked to inlay his college logo into the wooden bar top without success, I started looking at options.  I have about decided to make my own cnc machine (which I don't think will be too difficult) but I'm pretty confused about the software so I'm working on my learning curve.  I have never used a CAD program and somehow I'm now thinking that you have to start there with your design (CAD design to Lazycam code to Mach3 control).  Forgive this basic question but can you somehow take a public domain photo or drawing or design and get it converted to g-code with lazycam or some other program?   I'm pretty excited about starting this cnc project but first glance at the software is pretty intimidating.
« Reply #862 on: July 15, 2010, 02:09:03 PM »
Converting images to G-Code can be done in any number of ways. It all depends on what you want it to look like when you are finished. Some software work from a gray scale, others you can actually sculpt from the photo.  There is a guy I know that does this.  Send me a Private message and I'll give you his number if you like.

Cas.

Offline Bjorn Toulouse

•  27 27
  • Destructive Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 17, 2010, 09:46:12 AM »
Greetings, all.

I recently joined the forum to gain some knowledge about the Mach 3 system, and to decide whether it will help me out in my quest to become CNC literate.

I had an Emco Compact 5 CNC back in the mid '90s, but it died and the cost of repair boards was too high to justify.

Recently, I bought a Dyna Myte 2400. It has control issues, but the basic machine is solid. I'd like to get the machine up and running with Mach 3, but I don't really care to invest in new axis drives, as velocity is not a concern at the moment. Bottom line: I'm a Cheep Bastige, and I don't want to spend a ton of $$ to get to the point of making chips!

A couple of searches have shown some interesting retrofits of the Dyna 2400, and any info current users would like to send my way will be greatly appreciated.

Rex

« Reply #864 on: July 20, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »
Hi Everyone,

My name is Ritchie and I am having a ball learning about CNC.  I recently purchased a Taig mill and am presently using the Mach 3 and LazyCAM demos quite successfully.  It has really been much easier than I thought it would be.  This forum and the videos have been very helpful.

See ya 'round, ;D
Ritchie
« Reply #865 on: July 24, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »
Hello All,
             I am new user... overwhelmingly frustrated... but excited to learn all of this nonetheless!
I recently purchased a machine built by "CNC Tools & Machinery" which is no longer in business..
The machine does not appear to have ever cut a part, and seems to be built very well.
     It is a converted RF45, to servos, 2hp frq dr, etc...  It came with a liscensed version of Mach2.
I finally got it to run... using an old HP laptop which has a parallel port... Then I upgraded it to Mach 3,
now nothing... doesn;t even recognize it at all??

I guess i am retarded!!!
« Reply #866 on: July 25, 2010, 09:00:42 AM »
Hi every one, my name is Michel, I'm living near Trois-rivieres in Quebec Canada

I'm new in the world of cnc.

My native language is french so pardon me if my english is not perfect

« Reply #867 on: July 26, 2010, 02:44:26 PM »
Just registered, but I've been lurking around this site for a year or so. This is an excellent site, and I'm hoping to learn a lot, and maybe some day return the favor, but right now I'm at square one. I've been doing woodwork for years, custom furniture mostly, and purchased a Romaxx WD-1 last year. I also have Vetric cut3d, VCarve Pro, and Mach3, but haven't had the time to really sit down with this stuff and figure it out. One day I'm hoping it'll all make sense!
Anyway, its too much fun learning this stuff. Haven't broke any bits yet, but crashed into the end stops I don't know how many times!
Thanks for any help I'm sure to get from here!

Bruce
Peachland BC, Can.
« Reply #868 on: July 28, 2010, 04:59:23 PM »
Hello, I have been lurking for a while and following the Yahoo group. I've been running Mach2 since 2008 on my home built Rockcliff Machine CNC router. Just saying hi before I head off to see if I can find a 800x600 screen set to use on my machine that is clearer than shrinking the larger ones to fit.

BoorT
« Reply #869 on: July 29, 2010, 03:11:57 AM »
Hello all, :)

I've been using Mach for a couple of years now, but have only just registered here.
I have a home built Router - Engraver, bed size 900x1500
I use SimplyCam mostly for creating code.
Am about to install a new interface board from cnc4pc with charge pump facility as I
have already broken one or two bits & wrecked a couple of jobs when windows decides
to hang up during a down move! >:(

Hopefully I'll learn a heap from here! ;D
Dunno... do U?