Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:35:19 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4526512 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #830 on: June 03, 2010, 11:59:17 PM »
I am not new new as I have been watching the site for a bit.  When i check my box and found this message i did not think much of it.  Then I read the replies and I was shocked!  This is incedible.  I have obsessed about building cnc router and plasma cutters for decades.  Anyway I have done just that.  So my next exercise is to figure out what it is I want to build with the machines and build my business.  I live on a relatively small island off the west coast of British Columbia, Canada.  Here are a few links to what is happening in my shop.

All the best - Ron

www.saltspringcommunity.com/2010/high-tech-design-and-fabrication-on-fulford-farm/
www.saltspringcnc.com
« Reply #831 on: June 04, 2010, 04:47:29 AM »
HI I am Luke
a new user of Mach3
come from Taiwan...
« Reply #832 on: June 04, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »
Is there any one here from Long Island.  Looking to maybe get a club together
« Reply #833 on: June 04, 2010, 04:42:56 PM »
Maddog

I just read your problem with axis limit error when machining a pocket. I don't know if this will be of any help or not, but I get a similar problem on a Bridgeport EZtrak. When programming arcs I sometimes get a "command exceeds machine limits" error when it is obviously not true.

Through trial and error I found that changing the start or finish position of the arc by 0.01mm would solve the problem. A Bridgeport service engineer told me that this was also a problem on the Boss machines and was due to the way the software rouded up positional dimensions.

When milling a pocket with 4 arcs in the corners, the error only seems to occur on one arc. and it is a matter of trial and error to determine whether a 0.01mm adjustment needs to be added or subtracted and whether it should apply to the start or the finish or the radius of the arc.

The EZtrak uses conversational programming and I now get round the problem by using blend line commands instead of mill arc commands wherever possible and the problem doesn't seem to occur.
« Reply #834 on: June 05, 2010, 10:15:16 PM »
Hello  tom here im new to this whole mach and cnc just finished the rough in part of my homemade gantry mill .Ill be here alot in order to get thing right
 ;)
« Reply #835 on: June 07, 2010, 03:17:46 PM »
newbe here..... firefox.....
just fired up for the first time....hypertherm 30 plasma cutter....!!! wow..!!! looking forward to doing great things with it....
not just collect dust in between cut sessions. sooo.....thats why I'm on this site...info....all kinds...mine, and yours..
I'm a retired master millwright from Kaiser Aluminum,  have skills and hobbies and tons of info...from welding...auto mech.to electronics, photo shop
photo stuff in gen,  so.. not to get bogged down in my stuff, am looking at what others have...to offer...or share...or need..its a great big world out
there, and we all can use the info....ours,yours,mine,whoevers....( I'm kinda windy too, when I get cranked up..)  thanx firefox...
« Reply #836 on: June 08, 2010, 05:12:39 PM »
Hi guys/girls,

Im completely new to the world of CNC and Mach, Im gonna try not to drive ya all nutts with too many questions but to be honest so far so good on my machine and set up, just one small issue that I will post/search later :)

Offline asw

•  4 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 09, 2010, 05:43:24 AM »
Hallo everybody.
I am a newbie in this forum and on the backstage plane. Have been working for many years and teaching for some in proengineer.
My past have somehow cought up with me and i bought a desktop mill Einhell. Soon got tired of swinging handles a little bit the wrong way on last sequence and decided to make it NC. Got 4 steppers from long_motors and started to fight. Now i am a desperado ! !!! :-((
Nothing seems to work right. Steppers do not deliver the promised torque and of course there are a lot of blanc spots to fill with knowledge.
By the way, what is buffer setting for a stepper and how does it function?
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

« Reply #838 on: June 09, 2010, 12:21:12 PM »
firefox here :...
I have a small ton of programs and pdf's relating to CNC...with so much out there, it's a bit overwhelming finding just the right  place to start.
soooo......I decided to go slow...now.. I have two sets of heavy duty three stage drawer slides, double ball bearing types, 200 plus pounders.
36 inch's fully extended...so, thats a 3x3 work platform. my basic plan is to build a support frame, and make it a portable unit, ( I can move it
from table to table ) and , it will not be powered... yet.. it has an extension arm, for a small stylis type probe, allowing me to follow a small
patern by hand, a small micro switch is mounted on the probe, to activate the plasma cutter. ( like a click button on a mechanical pencil )
an adjustment on the plasma head, so I can adjust the distance from the cutting tip to the work surface,( kinda like a pantigraph for the plasma)
a small electric motor connected to each axis.to generate a pulse as the arm is moved, and some electronics to convert the signals to pulse's
this will be a source of feedback in my finale design, once powered..( not yet tho...)   got to get the thingie working first..!
I'll post pics and all info as this get's  under way...I'm gonna start small, before I get in up to my neck..heh,heh,heh... firefox...
« Reply #839 on: June 11, 2010, 08:01:04 AM »
Howdy,

This Jim (The_Mole)  I am in Manchester, England and have just downloaded Mach3,  all I need now is to find a hobbyist licence, and finish making my pcb mill!

I would like to say how funny i found the registration process, when i saw this tick box... "[ ]    I am at least 3 years old. "

:D
-