Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:12:52 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4515922 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2710 on: August 29, 2019, 05:15:54 PM »
Hi All

Another new member here from the Uk with lots of questions no doubt, here's hoping you're all a helpful bunch :)

Mark

Offline handbaglover

•  1 1
  • lover of life
    • View Profile
    • Uptown Handbag Shop
« Reply #2711 on: September 22, 2019, 03:22:02 PM »
Just want to say hi. Im relatively new to web development and IT in general. self taught developer/bootcamp attndee (please dont judge :), here to learn
« Reply #2712 on: October 08, 2019, 09:04:25 AM »
Hello...
Philip from PT
Just a real newbie...
Triyng to learn to see if i can get better results in life....

:)
26/5000 Hello everyone. I introduce myself.
« Reply #2713 on: October 19, 2019, 05:09:33 AM »
Hello everyone!! I just signed up. I hope to learn and share knowledge. I come from the world of PLCs and, for reasons of destiny, I am modifying and updating CNC equipment. Mach3 seems like a very good solution, but I'm a beginner and I don't know its details well.
I hope to help and help me! Greetings.
« Reply #2714 on: October 19, 2019, 09:29:38 PM »
Hi, my name is Kevin. Brand new to the CNC field. I am needing some help getting my machine operating correctly.
My education background is engineering and business. I have been in the construction industry for the last 30 years.
My woodworking hobby has led me to the CNC field. I was mostly making furniture and then I started into carving. I have been interested in the CNC capabilities for some time and purchased my first machine in May. I have spent the months since learning the Bobcad/cam software. My machine, from industrial CNC, came with an entry level Mach3 software. I upgraded to the full version a couple months ago and I have been learning as problems arise.
This is my first forum membership and I am looking forward to being part of the CNC group.
« Reply #2715 on: October 22, 2019, 11:56:39 AM »
Hi all,

Paul here and I'm relatively new to owning my own cnc though I have used them with my local makerspace. I mostly use this to cut yard art for my shop and have an ever growing list of projects and things to make with this. Currently I'm using a greenbull cnc from the folks at buildyourcnc.com and am quickly realizing just how little I know when it comes to maintaining these. Definitely looking forward to learning more though and increasing my skillset in the coming months.

I do some general woodworking as well and have a 40W laser cutter that I am eager to get up and running now too. You can see some of my work at titanoakdecor.com and I'm always looking to collarborate with others.

Looking forward to meeting more of y'all.

Paul
« Reply #2716 on: October 28, 2019, 02:13:54 PM »
Joe P, recent plasma table purchase and bruising brain cell trying to fix a problem with it.
« Reply #2717 on: October 31, 2019, 07:15:06 PM »
OK

I am new here and could sure use some help.    I have been using Mach 3 for 5 years on a CNCRPTs 48 96 pro machine.   great results.   as a point of reference, I am an artist, not and computer wizard... so setting this all up 5 years ago almost killed me.

Two weeks ago my laptop died.    resulted in complete loss of all loaded Mach 3 lic. info.  I did save all my 3D CNC folders but could not restart Mach 3.

Yesterday I paid for a new Mach 4 license from AVID so it was formatted for my machine.    got Mach 4 uploaded and configured, than entered into the licensing step.       Made a sad error there.   when they asked for my machines ID, I loaded in my laptops ID .  they sent me the license file to turn on the MACH 4 Hobby.    Sadly I found out at that moment that I should have found the PC ID for the Mach 4 apparently.    ( found this about 5 screens further on in the instructions)

So now I have a license file that is no good.    Can I simple open up that text file and add in the correct PC ID from Mach 4.   Or am I am I stuck waiting for Mach to answer my groveling emails to allow me to restart this long, painful process.

THe other question I have has to do with the screen view.    When I do open up mach 4 the headers are about a size .005 font.   I can not see them even with x 4 glasses on.       will this be corrected when the license is loaded in?      ARGGGHHH.   
« Reply #2718 on: October 31, 2019, 11:55:44 PM »
Hi,

So now I have a license file that is no good.    Can I simple open up that text file and add in the correct PC ID from Mach 4.   Or am I am I stuck waiting for Mach to answer my groveling emails to allow me to restart this long, painful process.

Mach4 is licensed differently to Mach3, with Mach4 EACH individual PC (called PCID) on which Mach4 is to run must be licensed to avoid the Demo restrictions. The good news is that
with Mach4Hobby you can have up to five PCs licensed with the one purchase. Further you can 'release' the license on the laptop and then use that 'slot' on another PC. You are
allowed up to seven such transactions in a two year period.

If you buy the Mach4 license direct from NewFangled Solutions (online) you create an account that you can manage your own licenses without the need for NFS personell being
involved, more or less instantaneously. In your case you may have to rely on AVID or whomever you bought the license to manage it on your behalf.
You might try to ask AVID if you can have the username and password such that you can mange the NFS Mach4 license page yourself.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2719 on: November 14, 2019, 08:55:19 PM »
Hello to all Glad to be here. My name is James. Im 62 years old and just starting in the world of cnc routing. What a journey.