Hello Guest it is April 18, 2019, 07:03:27 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3318559 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2570 on: March 14, 2018, 05:59:29 AM »
 :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:01:35 AM by plasmashine »
« Reply #2571 on: March 14, 2018, 06:02:19 AM »
Hello
I am new here.
In the UK

Just for interest I have built myself an 8 x 4 Mach3 plasma table.

I'm making some alterations to it now with torch height control and a laser guide.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,704 7,704
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2572 on: March 14, 2018, 06:05:45 AM »
Hi Plasmashine,

Welcome  :)

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2573 on: March 18, 2018, 12:31:16 PM »
I'm not exactly new here, just new to posting as of today. I got into CNC by helping a friend. I was never interested in CNC work, instead one of my big hobbies is stained and fused glass.

I'm an engineer, he's not, and so he asked me to take a pile of surplus tables and Compumotor parts and build something. One thing led to another and he had his second mill, but unfortunately it was running Compumotor's 6000 series software in 2015 (yes, it still lives). I built him exactly what he asked for but not what he needed and so I upgraded his mill to Mach3 and he's now doing very well.

I had fun playing with the mill I had built but then I had to give it away and I was mill-less. To fill the void using the rest of the surplus parts I built a second mill for myself. However, my friend was transforming from strictly a hobby to hobby-plus and selling his wares online. He needed another mill for specialty work and so I sold him my second mill.

Now I've build a much larger third mill (~17"x22" cutting area) where I can cut wood and engrave glass (in a water bath). Merging mill and kiln operations has greatly increased the variety of what I can do with the medium.
« Reply #2574 on: March 29, 2018, 05:37:10 PM »
Hi am Carlos and I am new to mach3 cnc and am wondering if anyone could help me with the program . Am having trouble finding the keys to move the torch back and forth up or down from the keyboard

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,704 7,704
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2575 on: March 30, 2018, 01:37:38 AM »
Hi Carlos,

Welcome.

The left/right/up/down arrow keys and the page up / page down keys are usually used.
Alternately, in Config. / System HotKeys you can select whichever keyboard keys you choose.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2576 on: April 01, 2018, 10:53:48 AM »
Hello, I am new to mach forum. I retrofitted a hurco Hawk machine with stepper motors due to the computer boards being bad in the machine when i got it. I have everything working correctly but i cannot get rpm to read on the spindle index. I am using the original proximity switch that they used for rpm. Now i have the readout to finally work but i only get 600 1200 1800 2400 ect. for rpm. all in 600 rpm increments. What is causing this to do this? I have tried spindle pulley ratio changes. Pulses per rev. changes. Just about everything i can think of but nothing changes the rpm. If i leave the spindle set at the same speed but make these changes the rpm readout does not change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Offline CX15

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: April 03, 2018, 02:59:16 PM »
Hi everyone!
Brand new here - as in, I signed up 3 minutes ago!

I'm originally from Cape Town but I've been living in Hong Kong for the last decade.

I have acquired a 6040 CNC machine a few weeks back. It's almost set up - just finalising the divorce proceedings as I had to install it in the lounge. You see, space comes at a premium here in Hong Kong. The wife said I have to choose between her and the CNC - I will really miss her...

Looking forward to what will essentially be a new hobby for me! I love working with wood, so most of my CNC work will probably use that medium.

Oh, and I apologise in advance for the seriously noob questions coming in the next few weeks!!

Regards
CX15
« Reply #2578 on: April 04, 2018, 07:26:09 PM »
We were all noobs at one point so bring on the questions!. Especially after you try using the search function first.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #2579 on: April 05, 2018, 03:19:25 PM »
Hi all
I bought a xhchb04 wireless mpg and would like to know if somebody could help me with the custom macros. I would like to use 3 of them for x y and z to rapid to zero after touch off and half of  the distance if this is possible. I have checked in the list  of plugins  when you open the dropdown there are a lot of functions but not for what I  would like to do. If there is a way can somebody please let me know how.