Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:38:16 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4526771 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2520 on: November 09, 2017, 09:25:25 PM »
Hello All,
Yes, new here and just getting up to speed on mach3.  I purchased 3 industrial cnc machines over the past 15 years and I'm tired of paying the high-dollar for the machines but the service costs were out of control.  Therefore, I decided to buy a cheap machine and rebuild it and go through the learning curve and then build a large production machine for a fraction and maintain it myself.  So far, I like many of the features of mach3.  I am running Vectrics cut2d for my programing software.  I have an issue that when I am cutting any tight radius it slows down extremely slow and then when it goes into a straight line again it gets back up to speed very fast.  Is this a Mach3 issue or settings that I need to address or do you think it's the programming software?

Offline Gordo

•  17 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: November 13, 2017, 02:57:22 PM »
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have a DIY CNC Dave Gatton Sidewinder. I have a question , I am using Fusion 360 for my design software and Mach3 for the CNC. When I run the simulation in Fusion 360 every thing seems ok. When I take the G-code to mach3 and run the program, my Z is backwards. it goes down when it should go up. Any help would be appreciated.
« Reply #2522 on: November 13, 2017, 05:29:05 PM »
Hi all I've recently retired and have decided to try a cnc router to add with everything else I do. Still in the process of getting things working. The machine works except when I try to run a program. Somehow it reduced the size of what I was trying to cut on one of the attempts. Otherwise it moves and then just sort of sits there. Eventually it will get figured out. Great forum I enjoy reading the posts>
« Reply #2523 on: November 13, 2017, 05:55:00 PM »
Hi,
welcome. Sounds like the Gcode is in inches but your machine is in mm, so the part comes out 1/25 th of real
size. Try MDIing G20 and then run your code again. G20 signals Mach that the current program is to be interpreted
in inches.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2524 on: November 13, 2017, 06:20:03 PM »
I am 79 and I live in Hawaii. I am new to Mach3 and new here.
On the BOB I have there are connection labeled Xspacing, Yspacing and Zspacing.
What are their function?
« Reply #2525 on: November 13, 2017, 06:46:35 PM »
Hi,
welcome. I've heard all sorts of terms but not those ones! Can you take some pictures?

If its Chinese and I suspect it is be prepared for a real battle to get it to work.

If you want something that works really well and easily with excellent backup try PMDX or Warp9,
both American.

Craig
« Reply #2526 on: November 13, 2017, 07:28:03 PM »
Hi,
welcome. I've heard all sorts of terms but not those ones! Can you take some pictures?

If its Chinese and I suspect it is be prepared for a real battle to get it to work.

If you want something that works really well and easily with excellent backup try PMDX or Warp9,
both American.

Craig
I have a good picture but I don't see how to post it.
« Reply #2527 on: November 13, 2017, 08:16:55 PM »
Found how to post photos.
Here is the BOB.
« Reply #2528 on: November 13, 2017, 09:23:37 PM »
Hi,
those switches are for limits and/or home switches. Don't worry about them to start with. Concentrate
on the motor axes. I suggest one at a time, your wife can multi-task...not you.

Your PC must have a parallel port and have a 32 bit OS Windows7 or earlier.

You will require a USB cable to plug from the PC to the BoB to provide a power supply for the input side. You will
require a second 12-24V supply for the output side.

This is a simple board but is so Chinese I can smell the chop suey on it from here...if your keen, carry on OR get yourself
a PMDX  BoB or even a Smart-BoB.

Craig
New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2529 on: November 23, 2017, 12:56:59 PM »
Hello all. Vern here and new to TapaTalk but successfully built a 3 axis mill a few years back and I'm evaluating Mach3 I'm needing some help and ran across this forum. Hopefully I can find some answers and provide someone with help as well. Here's my setup. Just upgraded the gantry with new motors, breakout board, microstepping controllers. Was using Editasc CAM software but it comes out of Germany and tech support is hard to get with the time difference and things get lost in the translation from German to English and I only speak hillbilly