Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:21:26 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4511486 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2390 on: January 21, 2017, 10:07:36 PM »
My name is Alan. I like CNC. I make artistic 3D relief work for cnc.

I like to brows around the forum and see what's going on.
« Reply #2391 on: January 29, 2017, 08:24:04 PM »
Hello all I am James and reside in Michigan.

I am new to CNC Milling and CNC Routers and have been through many struggles and aggravations during the past 6 months with getting my machine purchased, built and running. They say you can never do enough research before beginning this endeavor and that has been proven time and time again to me. What a long nightmare haul it has been. Today I finally got my CNC router moving for the first time and I acted like a kid in a candy store. I am on research overload and still have a long way to go to get this machine producing parts.

I am electronics stupid and have fried 2 gecko g540s by simply not paying attention to what I was doing. Thankfully Gecko repaired the drives for free (what a great company) and I now have motion. I still have some spindle and VFD wiring to figure out but I know that I am now close to conquering it all.

I have read so many post here and still a lot more to read and I have enjoyed and learned something new from just about all of them. I sure wish there was an entire step by step process from start to finish that made since. Youtube has been a great help but everyone has different ways of doing things that I end up getting confused and screw something up.

Anyhow, thanks for listening to my short rant and looking forward to reading more post.

James.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 08:27:10 PM by JimmyLee »

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: January 30, 2017, 01:49:57 AM »
Welcome to the forum James.

Excellent write-up - I am sure that many of us see something of ourselves there having progressed in a similar manner.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2393 on: February 07, 2017, 07:57:03 AM »
Ok, I'm new here, Have a problem with my program that has cost me a fortune in sanity and money. Spent the last half hour trying to figure out how to start a thread on here, but apparently no such option is available????????? Or am I missing something?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: February 07, 2017, 08:07:43 AM »
Hi Oliver welcome to the forum.

Click on General Mach Discussion
Then Click on New Topic (towards top of screen)

Easy as that  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2395 on: February 07, 2017, 08:40:10 AM »
Hi, new here, urgently need to post a thread topic, but there doesn't appear to be any way of doing so???? I was expecting there to be a "post new thread" button, bigger than all the others, but instead, there isn't one?????????
So how do I actually post a question? This is the second time I'm asking in several hours.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: February 07, 2017, 10:01:13 AM »
So how do I actually post a question? This is the second time I'm asking in several hours.

This is the second time I have answered in about as long a time.  ;D

Click on General Mach Discussion
Then Click on New Topic (towards top of screen)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2397 on: February 07, 2017, 10:08:01 AM »
Thanks Tweakie.CNC

I am Oliver Matthews from Cape Town South Africa, I run a small metal company manufacturing mainly Kitchen Ventilation Systems for the catering industry.
We use a CNC Plasma cutter for most of our sheet metal work and are currently restoring an AMADA PEGA357 for lighter, more accurate parts.
Since we use the plasma cutter so often, I am looking to upgrade and improve it constantly, Hopefully I can shed some info on construction and configuration of the machines since we built ours ourselves, although, it seems there are proper experts already spreading the know-how around. I still have some problems with my machine and tend to find troubleshooting Mach3 incredibly obtuse. I hope this forum will help me through some of the more ridiculous problems I have been having.
Cheers
« Reply #2398 on: February 07, 2017, 04:59:09 PM »
Hello all

I am Volkhard and live at Florida's Gulf Coast. I am kind of semi retired, between businesses, between jobs depending what the future will bring. I have some CNC experience in a professional environment using Biesse Machines and their NC controllers and Biesse Works software a couple of years ago.

My newest endeavor is a new Legacy Maverick I just received.

It runs a specialized version of Mach 3 and I am using Aspire for the design CAD part. I prefer to work in metric but will run some imperial code as well when needed.

Getting Mach 3 to do that elegantly and easy is my current roadblock and I will post a question in the forum.

I have to start to get deeper into MACH 3. It probably will take some time and a lot of reading and some posting in this forum to get proficient with the software.
« Reply #2399 on: February 11, 2017, 08:59:30 PM »
Hey folks. First post here. Been soaking up as much as I can on the forum - in preparation for my first experience with Mach3. I'm in the process of putting together a small(ish) gantry style CNC, based around aluminum extrusion and tooling plate. Looking forward to learning the software - and hoping to be able to get some more great info here.

My previous experience has been with a small CNC router built using open source hardware and software. Fun and rewarding, and a great way to learn the ropes, but very frustrating at times. This next machine will have a larger cutting area, be more rigid, and I'm banking on much more solid in the software department. I currently use Solidworks for CAD with the HSMxpress CAM plugin.

Thanks for all the great info you all provide.

Scott