Hello Guest it is November 12, 2019, 01:37:50 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3469293 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2330 on: June 30, 2016, 01:06:21 PM »
I am new to the forum and to CNC. I am trying to set up a TAIG mill using MAch3
« Reply #2331 on: July 01, 2016, 12:51:28 PM »
Hi all
I've joined. Priamilary to learn more about retro fitting a Romi lathe with Mach 3. It currently has a control with DC servos (SEM) made by Bridgeport in the ninety's. That's failing and people tell me Mach is the way to go. I hope to find a source of knowledge and hardware needed to interface the machine here.
I plan to use it in my home workshop to further the building of my 1/3 size steam traction engine amongst other projects!  :D
Regards
Marcus.

Offline Pythagoras

•  83 83
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: July 06, 2016, 09:01:07 PM »
Hi I'm Benny, formerly known in this group as ynneb.
Its been many years since I have regularly participated in this group, but I'm now back into CNC and will be posting a little more often.
Its great to see some of those old names still here. You must be true master CNCers by this stage.
The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).     a² + b² = c².

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  7,984 7,984
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2333 on: July 07, 2016, 01:27:53 AM »
Welcome back Benny.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2334 on: July 09, 2016, 08:47:09 AM »
Hi all, I have worked with CNC machines for over 30yrs but never had an involvement in fixing them, I have a Semco lathe with a dead Anilam controller that I am looking at retrofitting with Mach 3. Need to work out what I can use and what needs to be replaced, most mechanics are really sound but machine has always had electrical issues :)
« Reply #2335 on: July 14, 2016, 01:39:27 PM »
Hi!
I'm from Spain but I'm looking here for someone who can make furniture with my designs (it's furniture for kids, I want to make and sell in USA, now I'm selling yet in Spain and France). Anyone interested for talk about? Sorry for my basic english :P hehe
« Reply #2336 on: July 16, 2016, 04:43:08 PM »
Hi I'm new to this site and just starting out trying to set up a mini lathe cnc set up and looking to see if I can use Mach3 it seems like it is quite complicated and not sure that I can learn all that is required.  Right now I'm trying to figure out what operating system that I need to be running, from what I can tell I need to be running a 32 bit version of windows 7 is this true?
Larry

Online Tweakie.CNC

•  7,984 7,984
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2337 on: July 17, 2016, 12:59:25 AM »
Hi I'm new to this site and just starting out trying to set up a mini lathe cnc set up and looking to see if I can use Mach3 it seems like it is quite complicated and not sure that I can learn all that is required.  Right now I'm trying to figure out what operating system that I need to be running, from what I can tell I need to be running a 32 bit version of windows 7 is this true?

Mach3 Minimum Recommended Requirements:

Requirements if using the parallel port for machine control:
Desktop PC (Laptops are not supported) with at least one parallel port
32-bit version of Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (64-bit versions will not work)
1Ghz CPU
512MB RAM
Non-integrated Video Card with 32MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

Requirements if using an external motion device for machine control:
An appropriate external motion controller (options can be found on the Plugins page)
Desktop or Laptop with Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
1Ghz CPU
512MB RAM
Video Card with 32MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2338 on: July 17, 2016, 05:59:18 PM »
Hi I am Dick Tilleman from northcentral  Montana  I am a retired farmer-rancher I have taken welding classes but had a pace maker installed a couple years ago but I can still use my 30 amp plasma cutter but I can not use my welder darn I am 76 years old but old farmers don't die they just rust.I bought a plasma table from Canada 4 or 5 years ago and they have went out of business and my Mach 3 program quite working I have just bought a new Mach 3 program and intent to install it is there any special things I should do before I install my new Mach 3 CD tilldirt@itstriangle.com
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 06:12:24 PM by vernelia »
« Reply #2339 on: July 18, 2016, 09:25:24 PM »
Hello everyone. My name is Danny I'm 30 years old and from Indiana. I have a sherline lathe setup with mach3 and a sherline mill without automation. I look forward to meeting new people here, helping others and getting a little help myself along the way. I'm good with troubleshooting mechanical problems and enjoy small engine repair as well as anything musical.