Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 01:23:29 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4524883 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2300 on: April 25, 2016, 07:05:04 AM »
Hi I am Andy from the England I had my CNC 3040 cheap router from china thought it be a good place to start the idea it to make my own synth panels and other stuff like circuit boards ETC

also I have a few ideas for projects too but  I do have a website and facebook page for my projects but will not post just in case this the wrong thing too do

I have some much to learn :)
« Reply #2301 on: April 25, 2016, 08:39:25 AM »
Hi Guys,
Looks like a lot of talent on this forum. I'm hoping to absorb some of it.
The company I work for, just purchased a router from Ind. CNC.  I'm new to the Mach software.  Keith has been very helpful with the setup phase.  I am just now starting to tweak the g code for the new machine.
My background has been mostly in the petrochemical industry, 21 years in Instrumentation/Controls.  Now doing maintenance at a steel door manufacturing company.
Looking forward to learn from you guys!
« Reply #2302 on: April 26, 2016, 06:25:02 PM »
Hello,
My name is Tim. As you can see by my screen name I know virtually nothing about G code, mach3, or CNC. I have been a conventional machinist for close to 30 years, I try to do a bit of everything for the sake of learning, but I've always been a bit too scared of CNC. I still used a drafting machine until 2000
I'm about to put on big boy pants and try something CNC. I want to build a fairly simple machine in the sense that it will perform very basic moves. In short, I will load a open face mold in a fixture near front center of the table (for now the mold will be filled by hand) I would like to start the program, the carriage would move z,x then y would drop down z,x screed the top of the mold, and return home. I'll bet you are saying that's beyond simple, that's OK I deserve it for hiding under a rock. I know nothing about G code or mach3, but my gut told me there must be something in the program that allows me to move the x,y,z by eye or a numerical estimation that would possibly generate the code? a manual data input? is that a real thing? if it is, I will get mach3 and start the learning process.
Eventually the machine will have 5 axis, a stepper driven depositor to fill the mold as well as another axis to rotate the screed or the mold so it can wipe from multiple directions.
Am I on the right path?
Thanks for your time
Tim
« Reply #2303 on: April 27, 2016, 10:38:24 AM »
hello I have a vacuum clamp down table router that is hooked to a old computer running xp windows with mach 3 on it I have never used one will it know its limits or do i have to tell it  where 0 is in all aspects there is a sheet of ply wood on the deck now can I start it up and move it or will it start up and bore a hole in the deck
« Reply #2304 on: April 27, 2016, 10:41:11 AM »
it has a bit try and 5 or 6 blades does it know what bit is in and how I watch a vido and all it said it that it will tell you whats in it how and dose it change bits

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: April 28, 2016, 02:02:06 AM »
Hi Catone,

Welcome.

I think it would be beneficial if you spent a bit of time reading the Mach3 manual and watching the tutorial videos. They answer the questions you raised and of course, a lot more. http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/

Don't expect to take it in all at once, it takes a while.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2306 on: May 04, 2016, 10:27:31 AM »
Hello Tim here fresh to cnc. Welder fabricator by trade.
« Reply #2307 on: May 10, 2016, 05:41:04 PM »
 :) Hello, My name is Stuart and trying to get started in CNC.  Bought a SXCNC 6040 (China??) setup and missing manual(s) for setting up the pin setting on the serial cable and MACH3.  ??? Does anyone have a SXCNC Manual?  Is there one?  Can I get one?  Does anyone know or can make a suggestion for these settings?  Please help.  ;D THANKS for considering. --S
« Reply #2308 on: May 13, 2016, 12:44:44 PM »
Hello from Michigan:

looking for pointers and /or troubleshooting tips for when I make the transition to mach3